BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hartlepool Utd (h) - Carabao Cup, 10/8/22

Excellent display by the second string/youth team i ended up feeling sorry for Hartlepool and their fans.

First goal took a while coming but Rovers never gave them chance to take a breath from the first min till last.  This wasn't the usual mix and match exercise these games often throw up. It was a clear plan with a balanced side and sensible subs.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, far too many put far too much stock into one man’s bets that he posts on here. Everyone could always just keep on scrolling right past them.

If he’s as shite at predictions as people say he is, I’d just ignore him? 🤷‍♂️.

Think you're making the same mistake Mercer is here. Pretty sure hardly anybody else is being serious about it. His predictions have become a running message board joke is all.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

What an enjoyable evening! The difference between Tomasson and Mowbray is stark but simple. We now get forward, commit men into the box, and try to score goals.

Every player was good tonight. Tough to highlight individuals really, but Edun was the pick of the bunch for me, thought he was superb.

Special mention for Adam Wharton too. What a player he looks.

Man of the match for me by a mile. Proper footballer, that lad.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

I thought Markanday looked well off the pace and missed a couple of sitters.

Of the players that started I'd say Dolan, Dack, Morton, Edun looked like they'd step into the current XI without any issues. Question marks over the rest for me but a lot of that is because of age/experience. Think JRC could do with loaning out - I don't think he's anywhere near first team standard but that would leave no cover.

Agreed - I actually think Adam Wharton was brilliant too tonight but he doesn’t look ready physically yet.

Was happy for Dack, Dolan does what Dolan does, Morton looked every bit a first team player and Edun for Pickering! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TruRover said:

Just saying - the players who didn’t play are now doing a 45minute training session on the pitch 😂 JDT what a man

Wow...although he might stop doing that when he figures out how vulnerable our pitch is!!

• Like 1

Off topic but my little sister lost her handbag at the game tonight. A handbag you can't get any more either. Worth a post I suppose.

'So she enjoyed her very first Blackburn Rovers football match and coped well with the environment. On the down side she’s lost her handbag which means everything to her, last seen next to the picnic benches outside the rovers store. It’s of no value to anyone else, just full of colouring pencils and lolly sticks but she has autism and is really distressed she hasn’t got it 😞. Please share and see if we can reunite her with her bag 🔵❤️'

FB_IMG_1660167167000.jpg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Tricky said:

So how/why did Phillips get Motm? 

Second to last, after Vale, not as good performance judging by the stats... 

I thought Phillips was excellent, he just had very little to do. He has great awareness and rather than just sticking his head on headed clearances he was finding a team mate.

I enjoyed his little burst forward towards the end. Looked like he had got a bit bored and decided to get a bit more involved.

• Like 3

Just now, Miller11 said:

I thought Phillips was excellent, he just had very little to do. He has great awareness and rather than just sticking his head on headed clearances he was finding a team mate.

I enjoyed his little burst forward towards the end. Looked like he had got a bit bored and decided to get a bit more involved.

I watched a vid, some 5 minutes or so of Phillips. This description fits with the player that showed me. TBH I watched it and said 'We HAVE to get him to sign that deal, it would be a fucking travesty if we lost him for the rumoured 250k'.

• Like 4

Think it's just a vote of confidence for Phillips giving him MOM they aren't always exactly in sync with what is actually going on.

Any number of lads had a legit claim to it tonight but in the case of Ash he looked calm, composed and he had a fair battle with their big forward.  

Who he'll basically have to take out of his back pocket so he can get on the bus back to the north East.

Not bad for a 17 year old debut.  ( i can't believe he's only 17)  what do they feed these athletes these days !

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Off topic but my little sister lost her handbag at the game tonight. A handbag you can't get any more either. Worth a post I suppose.

'So she enjoyed her very first Blackburn Rovers football match and coped well with the environment. On the down side she’s lost her handbag which means everything to her, last seen next to the picnic benches outside the rovers store. It’s of no value to anyone else, just full of colouring pencils and lolly sticks but she has autism and is really distressed she hasn’t got it 😞. Please share and see if we can reunite her with her bag 🔵❤️'

FB_IMG_1660167167000.jpg

I wasn't at the game, but sorry to hear it. I assume you've already asked the club to notify you if it gets or has been handed in?

9 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

FB_IMG_1660167167000.jpg

Good luck to your sis, hope someone does the right thing and returns it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Didn't realise Sparky had pitched up at Bradford... Man City to Bradford, that's quite a fall.

Really looked like he was destined to be a top manager when he was with us.

He's been there for many months but the team haven't been doing as well as you would have thought.

27 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

FB_IMG_1660167167000.jpg

Really hope she gets it back mate. I’ve shared it on my social media.

Edited by oldjamfan1

Thoroughly enjoyed watching our young guns shoot our slightly frail opponents down tonight..

Special mention has to go to our manager, like day and night, compared to our previous manager, set our youngsters / 2nd team up fantastically well.. not just tactics, fitness but mindset and this is where I think JDT is nailing it.. we were 4-0 up and we still had players busting a gut! That would never have happened with Mogga! 

Anyway my opinion on the players..

Pears - 6 not much to do, did he almost flap the only save he had to make or was it a god save, I'm undecided.. have to say if Kaminski is out for a period of time, I think we are in trouble.

JRC - 6 did well in spells, but too many mistakes in my view.

Phillips - 7 looks classy and silky on the ball, don't think was really tested and definitely not MoM?

C Wharton - 7.5 solid as ever 

Edun - 7.5 looked and played very well today 

Morton - 7.5 looked a very classy player, good tackles and good on the ball

A Wharton - 8.5 looks so assured on the ball, we have a serious player here potentially definitely my MoM

Markanday - 6.5 looked very good in spells, seemed to lack confidence made too many mistakes in my opinion 

Dack - 7.5 always adds class and played very well 

Dolan - 7.5 full of endeavour whilst capable of some tricky skills played very well

Vale - 7 thought he did ok, works hard, but needs to be more than he is right now, almost always second best to defenders 

Anyway overall great win and thoroughly enjoyed watching OUR team!! 

• Like 2

Very enjoyable night for a cup game against shocking opposition and a 4 nil win that certainly didnt flatter us.

Dack doesnt look any less fit than he did prior to his injuries really, he was a bit rusty and played a few poor passes but he has that class and composure in the final third that you cant teach, he is crucial and should start at the weekend for me.

Vale on the other hand looks well short even against poor opposition and struggled, his touch often let him down and his finishing was not up to standard. We do need a striker anyway so hopefully we can get one and maybe loan him out.

Pears was totally untested bar one weird save right at the end, I could have played at centre back such was the opposition threat and Phillips wasnt tested and there were far more worthy man of the matches as much as he was totally fine. Rankin Costello is poor as we know but Edun was much better. Pickering still rightly will be first choice after 2 good league performances but Edun showed good energy throughout and got a very good assist.

In midfield, thought both the central 2 did really well and good to see Dolan and Markanday score. Both had mixed nights in general with the former mixing some superb footwork and some poor decision making and Markanday missing a few chances, one run and cross in the first half though was particularly eye catching.

• Like 2