BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (a) 11/10/2022

Just now, Andy said:

You're probably right, but the issue is the player choosing to dribble around his own area.

We're not Barcelona; if it's at the back, get it out the middle of the pitch at least.

Law of averages dictates that the longer you piss around with the ball at the back, the higher the chance of something like this happening.

Agree...were not Barcelona and we should make it simple....this team is not good enough playing this way.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

That's a big test failed again, in the same way as previous defeats against physical, dirty opponents.

If it was once, or even twice, you could look past it. However, this is 5 or 6 dismal performances already where we have got beat in the same way so far this season. The manager isn't learning, the players aren't learning.

Midfield missing in action, struggling to string three passes together. Travis has gone backwards rapidly, in my view. I always thought he was talked up too much, but he was never this bad. Could it be possible that Travis and a few others aren't happy about Dack not getting more game time?

JDT isn't the answer. Somebody on another called him the 'Danish Owen Coyle'. He wasn't wrong. I don't think even Coyle would serve up crap as bad as this.

There's still time to rectify your mistake, Balaji. Wilder is available. Get on the blower. Let's put an end to this shit project and call it an experiment gone wrong.

Wilder is available because he’s shite.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

You're probably right, but the issue is the player choosing to dribble around his own area.

We're not Barcelona; if it's at the back, get it out the middle of the pitch at least.

Law of averages dictates that the longer you piss around with the ball at the back, the higher the chance of something like this happening.

The issue is a manager encouraging players to play across their area.

• Like 4

It's been bothering me for a while. If I can see the danger of constantly passing the ball into areas crowded by opposition players instead of into space, and me being just an ordinary footballing chump, then why the feck can't dollyflops and his team of myopic bumbling halfwits see the same?

I mean, if you do something and it goes wrong most of the time, most sensible folks STOP DOING THAT....

Am I just being dumb?

It isn't funny, It isn't big and it isn't worth watching , from a fans' eye view.

Just fooking stop it.

It's been noted by another poster but one of the basic truths about this squad is that there is a basic lack of quality. Some of the players just aren't good enough; we have some decent Championship defenders but in midfield and up front we are sorely lacking. The manager's tactics and strange selections don't help but there's only 4 or 5 players that are up to the requisite standard. We're destined to be stuck in mid table as long as that is the case

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riversider28 said:

Wilder is available because he’s shite.

Balls to him he's swerved us twice now as far as i'm aware.

What JDT needs is a kick up the arse from Greg Broughton and maybe a close look at the coaching staff because all this resembles being stuck between Mowbrays tactics and whatever these overseas coaches are trying to implement. Which seems to be nothing more than putting all the emphasis on pissing around with it at the back.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It's been noted by another poster but one of the basic truths about this squad is that there is a basic lack of quality. Some of the players just aren't good enough; we have some decent Championship defenders but in midfield and up front we are sorely lacking. The manager's tactics and strange selections don't help but there's only 4 or 5 players that are up to the requisite standard. We're destined to be stuck in mid table as long as that is the case

Worrying that for a team in the top half of the table pretty much every position in midfield and attack should be up for grabs. 

Diaz aside the rest of them don’t even have enough stored goodwill to be guaranteed a spot 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Absolutely.

We've lacked a proper, decent central midfielder for as long as I can remember. 

The likes of Dolan, Szmodics, Hirst, Gallagher, Buckley,Travis etc. are poor more than they are good, or in the case of Hirst, just poor.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what a laughable comment that is now! You have been anti Broughton ever since he was appointed. You never gave him a chance from minute 1! 

What's laughable, Chaddy, is that you're so desperate for this Head Coach/DoF structure to be implemented at Rovers that you are willing to put up with and defend any old bullshit that the club comes out with.

One interview was enough for me to know Broughton hasn't got it. Some are starting to see Broughton for what he is now. An Academy man out of his depth with no eye for a player. His recruitment has already cost us games and will likely cost us many more this season.

We need to get rid of this fancy dan structure. Get Broughton out, Get JDT out and go again. This lot are wasting our time.

• Like 2