BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) - 13/9/22 (possibly)…

Difficult to pick faults in that performance, superb all over the park.

Now let's have a bit more consistency!

You do have to wonder though if some results would have been more positive with the likes of Ayala and Wharton playing.

Pickering looks much more confident knowing he's got a bit of backup as well. It's definitely the formation we should adopt at weekend, bastard injuries permitting!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Mortons best performance yet.

Early days but I feel less nervous with Hyam than I did Lenihen lovely finish too.

Hedges is a classy player 

Thought Morton looked really good. We looked solid at the back and really limited Watford's chances.

Like others have said, need to keep Ayala and Wharton fit and we have a solid defensive base to work off

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Nah... Its all the system imo. If wed played 343 against Bristol and Stoke we would have got results.

The difference now is we can settle into this and dominate games. Back three superb - Hyam, Wharton and Ayala are as good as you get this level - and our front three very good also. Travis excellent at his role Morton not so sure about but we have Buckley and Adam Wharton to compete.

Maybe I'm wrong, we can see over the next 10 games, but I think today was a major corner turned.

Game of opinions eh? I thought Morton stood out and played a big part in us dominating the first half entirely. Calm on the ball, seldom chooses the wrong option. Simple most of the time, clever all of the time. Almost played Breo through but was marginally offside. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Game of opinions eh? I thought Morton stood out and played a big part in us dominating the first half entirely. Calm on the ball, seldom chooses the wrong option. Simple most of the time, clever all of the time. Almost played Breo through but was marginally offside. 

I agree that Morton played well but not sure if Buckley or Wharton would not have offered a bit more creatively and in the tackle. My gut feel is Morton will be displaced over time but we will see.

• Like 1