BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

So it looks like Southgate stays on.....

I'm glad I can remember 1966 and sorry for those who may well never see similar with nice guys who the players 'like' running the show.

Good luck with that one.

Me too. A very nice guy who you would be proud to have as a son or son-in-law but he’s just not a winner. I won’t live long enough to see us win another trophy unfortunately. 

• Like 3

On 12/12/2022 at 22:20, Wheelton Blue said:

Presumably then, you are of the opinion that the manager of the women's team should not be in that role, even though she's just won the Euros, purely because she's not English.

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You make a fair point there, as I can't argue with that. I can't say I watched the women's England team to be honest. Very little bits. 

It's not a case of whether you've personally seen the women's team or not; rather is a matter of principle.

You're evading the question.

Should the women's manager be in place or not?

Per your logic - that England managers should be English - then the answer will be 'no'. Unless, of course, you're applying different selection criteria to the men versus the women.

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

Dunno where to put this but FA confirms Southgate to stay on as England manager and will lead the team at the Euros.

Opinions?

Happy as he's finally learning. Not going defensive against big teams.  He did most things right against France apart from taking off saka for sterling.  He also needs to give more opportunities to the likes of trent and maddison.  Also like to see young players blooded. The likes of Elliott.

• Backroom

I mean, we were a penalty shoot out away from winning Euro 2020. It's the closest we've got to winning a tournament since 1966. I think Southgate needs an additional staff member or two to help with his tactical decisions, but generally speaking he's done a good job as England manager. I also wouldn't trust the FA to appoint anybody better, based on the last 20 years or so of average-to-terrible appointments. With Euro 2024 only being 18 months away this decision makes sense to me, and I think the best time to assess a change will be after that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Dunno where to put this but FA confirms Southgate to stay on as England manager and will lead the team at the Euros.

Opinions?

Thrilled and delighted that Southgate will stay on. The players, fans and pundits all want him to stay on as England manager 

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It's not a case of whether you've personally seen the women's team or not; rather is a matter of principle.

You're evading the question.

Should the women's manager be in place or not?

Per your logic - that England managers should be English - then the answer will be 'no'. Unless, of course, you're applying different selection criteria to the men versus the women.

You have already answered your own question with the bit in bold, but she has delivered for the Lioness so fair play to here even tho. 

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Opinions?

English managers and England teams don't win so presumably the FA are happy to carry on in the same way

If the FA wanted to win the World Cup they'd poach Deschamps from the French

Deschamps could win his third World Cup today as player and manager

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Cheating argies.  Come on France Bury them

France need to up thier whole game here,  haven't been impressed with them in a single game this tourney bar the first game 

Defensively suspect and pretty fortunate with decisions going their way, moments of magic from giroud, mbappe and griezeman have saved them too, rest of them have looked pretty average 

• Like 3