BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 29/10/22

1 hour ago, BG1492 said:

He your lad? Stopovers on half way line then losing the ball ain’t flair.

All about opinions I suppose.

I don't have a lad, stepovers are one sign of flair, it doesn't matter what part of the pitch you do tricks in order for them to count as flair, and he has a lot more in his locker than just that.

Whether you think he is any good is up to you, but 'Never had any flair'? Don't be absurd.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Mad how excitable their fans got pre-season, saw their XI today before the game and just thought 😬

I can't say that I know any Hull fans so unsure if they got excited. But yeah, I have seen some poor sides in this league this season and they are right up there. No shots on target at home is embarrassing.

Edited by roversfan99

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I can't say that I know any Hull fans so unsure if they got excited. But yeah, I have seen some poor sides in this league this season and they are right up there. No shots on target at home is embarassing.

Playing Longman (who was mainly a wing-back for them last season) as a 9 for most of the game, certainly won't help them that's for sure

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly, we changed formation to 4-2-3-1 formation from 3-5-2 formation we played in the last 3 games. Sam Szmodics scored one and could have at least another goal. 

Like Mark Atkins said on BBC Radio Lancashire that Dack didn't have much influence in an attacking sense, but he chased and clown down. 

Newcastle is a great city with great people like plus for me its the best night out in the UK. 

I am pleased for Newcastle fans that they are doing so well. 

Newcastle might be a nice city and a good night out but that doesn't mean they deserve success above anyone else. 

They've always believed they are this massive club because "wE GeT 52,000 pAsSiOnIaTe GeOrDiEs iN tHe StAdIuM eVeRyWeEk 🤪" despite winning absolutely fuck all.

It's obviously a personal vendetta of mine but couldn't have happened to a worse club (I hold the Dingles in equal disregard, so yeah, financial ruin for both would be great)

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you still think that he doesn't fit in and he shouldn't be in the 18 going forward, out of interest?

I'll have a stab at predicting the reply.

'Up to JDT who he picks in the 18, I trust the manager. Why don't you?'  Etc.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly, we changed formation to 4-2-3-1 formation from 3-5-2 formation we played in the last 3 games. Sam Szmodics scored one and could have at least another goal. 

Like Mark Atkins said on BBC Radio Lancashire that Dack didn't have much influence in an attacking sense, but he chased and clown down. 

Newcastle is a great city with great people like plus for me its the best night out in the UK. 

I am pleased for Newcastle fans that they are doing so well. 

Yeah. Me too. A bit of a shame that their owners are Qatari, though. Some of my long suffering, Geordie mates are uncomfortable about it, but I find it hard to begrudge them their moment in the sun. At least, Jack's money was earned by a Blackburn work force!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JPTSwindon said:

Great 3 points, a real potential banana skin navigated - shows how much we have progressed.

The squad really is proving strong, as players are rotated they are all keen to take the chance.

Good times!

I don't see it as a strong squad at all - they're being managed very well at the moment, but the injuries are showing that we simply don't have much strength in depth. 

Assuming we don't go up I think this squad will look markedly different in August next year.

6 minutes ago, JPTSwindon said:

Great 3 points, a real potential banana skin navigated - shows how much we have progressed.

The squad really is proving strong, as players are rotated they are all keen to take the chance.

Good times!

I didn't watch, but my Hull supporting mate just rang to say Rovers were good.

I listened to the last 25 minutes and I do worry about the way we keep sitting back, seeming to find it impossible to take care of the ball and get up the pitch.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you still think that he doesn't fit in and he shouldn't be in the 18 going forward, out of interest?

I'll chime in here - on talent, yes he should be in the 18. On commitment - only JDT and Dack can answer that one.

I think JDT has proven himself to be firm, but fair with his players... so I can only think Dack's omission from the matchday squad has been down to his lack of commitment in training (and his performances in the U21s).

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

interesting question here. Let's not go OTT over one game. Depending on which formation Yes, he still has a part to the squad and it's all about performances. Whether he is happy to be squad player and not starting regular might be a problem come January time. I still think Mowbray's comments post Sunderland game was him saying he was Dack at Sunderland in January. 

Do you agree that Szmodics that is playing well and scoring goals so is rightly our first choice to play the number 10 role? Has he impressed you more to suggest Rovers were right to sign him in the summer?

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'll chime in here - on talent, yes he should be in the 18. On commitment - only JDT and Dack can answer that one.

I think JDT has proven himself to be firm, but fair with his players... so I can only think Dack's omission from the matchday squad has been down to his lack of commitment in training (and his performances in the U21s).

It could be down to a number of things, it might be his commitment or his fitness, they could have had a fall out, he could be under pressure to jettison him as a high earner, it might be a power play to stamp his authority, it might be purely that he doesn't rate him compared to the others.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

centre forward to replace diaz,gyorkes from coventry or  riis from preston

Quite a few of my Preston supporting friends don’t rate Riis. Supposedly an ‘awful player’ but he sticks the ball in the back of the net, so he’ll do for me!

• Like 1

• Silas locked this topic
  • Silas unlocked this topic
47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

interesting question here. Let's not go OTT over one game. Depending on which formation Yes, he still has a part to the squad and it's all about performances. Whether he is happy to be squad player and not starting regular might be a problem come January time. I still think Mowbray's comments post Sunderland game was him saying he was Dack at Sunderland in January. 

Do you agree that Szmodics that is playing well and scoring goals so is rightly our first choice to play the number 10 role? Has he impressed you more to suggest Rovers were right to sign him in the summer?

On Szmodics, guessing you didn't watch today but thought that he was our best attacker and plenty of praise in my post match post. He does miss chances and missed 2 good ones before his goal which was a quality finish. I also think technically there are big question marks, as shown by a poor touch in the second half when he had the ball in the box although he did nearly fashion a chance out after that. He was a pain in the arse of the Hull defenders.

I am undecided on him, definitely has his uses but merely running around is not enough. 3 goals is a reasonable return though, he is inconsistent and sometimes anonymous so I am still to be convinced that he was worth the fee. He deserves to start at Coventry, would he be ahead of Dack in general? No.

• Like 2

• Backroom

The most pleasing things today for me:

That defence 🤌 Hyam is the best defender in this league, Ayala not far behind, and Scotty Wharton did his best Craig Short impression. I feel as if this defense and Kaminski give each other a huge amount of confidence, something missing since the days of Friedel, Nelsen and Samba.

Vale really looked like the player we saw vs Celtic and Blackpool, much better than recently.

Zidane wears Adam Wharton pyjamas.

Szmodics was brilliant, but just needed that finishing touch in a few areas, but I can see what JDT saw in him now. Hopefully he and Dack can complement each other behind Gallagher if ever we need to go full 'Christmas Tree'.

I'm happy to hold my hands up and say I may well have been letting my mind run away down a rabbit hole on Dack. If there were any issues from JDT, they weren't on show today and while he wasn't able to influence the game, Dack certainly did put himself about all over the pitch in his short time on it.

A superb, professional win, that really should've seen us defending  4-0 lead from half-time rather than 1-0, but this team refuses to concede goals now.

It reminds me of a budget version of AC Milan's defence in the early 00s. Play out from the back to constantly available midfielders (including the Wilpshire Pirlo) and don't let anything come our way.

It seems as if we're playing such a style that prevents us from even needing to make tackles, so when we DO we can fly into them. I love it 😄 I love this team.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 8