BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 29/10/22

Well worked goal but there should have been more.

Game was well managed with our subs Ayala & Carter bringing fresh legs and added strength as we defended the points because Hull where throwing what they had upfront in second half.  Then when Vale & Dack (he was on team bus!) replaced Szmodics and Gallagher I was thinking we no longer had a goal threat but it gave Hull a different problem. Vale showed a few tricks which proves he is well capable and gives strength to Rovers squad. 

Not sure Dack had a normal game. Did a lot of running, tracking back and talking (encouragement) to team mates.

Support was 100%. Volumne went up a knotch when news came that Burnley were behind and we went top. 

Four wins on the trott!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Anyone know what kind of travelling numbers we had there?

Another fantastic win, great to see us so solid. No shots on target, sounds like some of our away days earlier in the season! 

Onwards and upwards. Desperately hoping that either Cov is on or they award us the 3 points, don't want the game rearranged as that will stop the momentum!

About 1,500. We had 200 unsold at mid afternoon yesterday and I think the allocation was !,600.

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I'll keep saying it - confidence and momentum are everything in this league and Rovers will go into the WC break in the top two.

100% - both positive and negative (look at Boro at the other end of the scale right now).

Momentum takes you a long way in this division and it doesn't matter how you find it, scrappy wins or flowing football.

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Aren't Saturday nights grand now?!

More money from the bookies but wine stocks dwindling fast!

I'll keep saying it - confidence and momentum are everything in this league and Rovers will go into the WC break in the top two.

Venky's, this might be your best chance ever to get huge parts of your money back - JUST FECKIN BACK JDT IN THE JANUARY WINDOW.

Time to uncork another bottle..................

Love it Merce. Make sure it’s Chilé’s finest 😄

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I’ll keep saying it - confidence and momentum are everything in this league and Rovers will go into the WC break in the top two.

Venky's, this might be your best chance ever to get huge parts of your money back - JUST FECKIN BACK JDT IN THE JANUARY WINDOW.

This post is in stark contrast to last season where the message was the manager and back room staff were appalling , time to get rid, even though we sat 2nd in the league on a great run…

I agree with asking the owners to back the manager, if they’d done that last January we’d have made the playoffs, but nothing……

We are doing exceptionally well so far, JDT deserves plenty of credit, but a couple of injuries and we fall back into the pack, enjoy the run while we can.

Edited by Gav

2 hours ago, Realistic Rover said:

Tad harsh on Gally for me. Yes he had a good chance saved but held it up well, ran himself into the ground and linked play well at times. Love watching him at the moment and I believe he’s a massive ‘confidence’ player. Definitely playing with confidence at the moment. 

I wasn't at the game and am only going off what I read on here (I know, I know!). I'm one of Gally's bigger fans, I think he's massively underappreciated by most on here so I'm pleased that, in your eyes at least, he did his bit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gamst said:

Took my 4 year old son to his first rovers match today! I’m not sure he had a clue what was going on, but it’s a match/memory I’ll always cherish! Thanks JDT and the boys! 

Fantastic!

Good win, very good win.  Having been slightly critical of him I must say Smodics has grown on me.  Another terrific finish.  Vale was really.good when he came on.  Young Adam Wharton,, well what can I say looks a real real talent.  For all their huffin and puffin Hull never really threatened to score, onwatds and upwards.

• Like 1

Well done JDT and the lads on managing the game properly yesterday. They didn't have a single shot on target for the whole game, at home! We, on the other hand, might have scored a hat full had our strikers had an ounce more composure and luck in front of goal. Great strike from the Smodster to settle it - that kind of finish under pressure is not easy, and he is beginning to show the value he can bring to our attack.

Now, I know we were all tearing our hair out earlier in the season when there was the dogged playing out from the back at every opportunity, as it was precisely that, that was the cause of mistakes which led directly to us conceding goals.

Roll forward to yesterday, and again we are playing out from the back a lot of the time, but blimey, we now appear to be confident in doing so, make the appropriate shapes and angles to relieve pressure and lots of movement to receive the ball and retain possession. Same thing, but now I'm not thinking WTF? every time it happens.

Perhaps it is practice, perhaps it is gaining confidence, perhaps it is simply a poor standard of opposition, but we seem to have cracked that particular gremlin. Plus Kaminski's kicking has suddenly gone up a notch.

What is the old saying, "No Pain, No Gain"? - what a pity the learning curve wasn't a lot shorter, as we'd be out of sight from the Dingles at this point if it had been! Que sera!

Mark Atkins and co were making some good points on Radio Lancs yesterday evening after the game. The one that stuck out for me was the comment that JDT has got a good Plan A sorted, but still questions remain around Plan B if A isn't working. Maybe that is where some judicious signings in January will come in? I hope so! In the interim, we now know we have to defend like bastards in the last few minutes against the six fingered knuckle draggers, as it looks like they have extra gas in the tank to ambush teams at the Turd. 

I'm sure JDT and the players will be aware of that and go into that game looking to snatch the bragging rights. Remember, football isn't a matter of life or death - it's much more important (to us) than that!

COYB!

Hull City manager:

Ben Brereton and Sam Gallagher were both denied by Baxter after the break, and Dawson says they are “top players”. “I do have to give them credit because we came up against a really good team today, who created chances - the front two are top, top players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Hull City manager:

Ben Brereton and Sam Gallagher were both denied by Baxter after the break, and Dawson says they are “top players”. “I do have to give them credit because we came up against a really good team today, who created chances - the front two are top, top players.

Nixon saying BBD won’t be going anywhere in January and Venkys prepared to let him leave on a free in the summer. Things could change if we go up though

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gav said:

This post is in stark contrast to last season where the message was the manager and back room staff were appalling , time to get rid, even though we sat 2nd in the league on a great run…

I agree with asking the owners to back the manager, if they’d done that last January we’d have made the playoffs, but nothing……

We are doing exceptionally well so far, JDT deserves plenty of credit, but a couple of injuries and we fall back into the pack, enjoy the run while we can.

Giles - Good pedigree and from a Prem club so a fair cost associated no doubt. Started well then got jerked about, lost confidence then ended up in the wrong position altogether, then dropped.

Hedges - A transfer fee paid in advance instead of following up on the agreement to get him for free in summer. Good player as we now know but benched and hardly used by the guy who'd bought him.

Markandy - Quite why money was used for another project player when we were so well placed trying for promotion and desperately needed forwards only the guy who brought him in knows. Still cost at least 500k ! Jury firmly still out almost a year later.

Zefook - Utility man, neither bad nor good, injured.

So the owners probably sanctioned a few million in Jan which Mowbray spunked as usual on squaddies then tried to shoehorn them in to various degrees. Not ONE proved any use to where we were then or what we needed.  Also well documented and mentioned by himself and his CEO that he didn't use all his funds AND turned down a few loan options of strikers.

Lets have the full story when you keep referring back to last January please not just your edited Mowbray protecting version pal !

Hopefully JDT gets similar backing (at least) and proves less of a dud than Tony in that window.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Giles - Good pedigree and from a Prem club so a fair cost associated no doubt. Started well then got jerked about, lost confidence then ended up in the wrong position altogether, then dropped.

Hedges - A transfer fee paid in advance instead of following up on the agreement to get him for free in summer. Good player as we now know but benched and hardly used by the guy who'd bought him.

Markandy - Quite why money was used for another project player when we were so well placed trying for promotion and desperately needed forwards only the guy who brought him in knows. Still cost at least 500k ! Jury firmly still out almost a year later.

Zefook - Utility man, neither bad nor good, injured.

So the owners probably sanctioned a few million in Jan which Mowbray spunked as usual on squaddies then tried to shoehorn them in to various degrees. Not ONE proved any use to where we were then or what we needed.  Also well documented and mentioned by himself and his CEO that he didn't use all his funds AND turned down a few loan options of strikers.

Lets have the full story when you keep referring back to last January please not just your edited Mowbray protecting version pal !

Hopefully JDT gets similar backing (at least) and proves less of a dud than Tony in that window.

None of his five signings in January contributed one atom of play apart from Giles putting over a cross for a Khadra header. That takes some doing if you think about it. Five players signed for half a season and nothing achieved.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly, we changed formation to 4-2-3-1 formation from 3-5-2 formation we played in the last 3 games. Sam Szmodics scored one and could have at least another goal. 

Like Mark Atkins said on BBC Radio Lancashire that Dack didn't have much influence in an attacking sense, but he chased and clown down. 

Newcastle is a great city with great people like plus for me its the best night out in the UK. 

I am pleased for Newcastle fans that they are doing so well. 

I agree, used to live there and love the place. Fair enough they’ve got deep pockets etc but some of the boys performing well for them have been there ages. Almiron, Joelinton, Wilson and Saint Maximan. Not like they’ve spent £100m on a striker who’s banging for fun. Fair play If you ask me

• Backroom
14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mark Atkins giving his opinions on the game along with post-match interviews with JDT and Szmodics

JDT just gets it! Always mindful of the impact on fans, and really has been since day one imo.

• Like 3