BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 29/10/22

24 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Another great result,we seem to have found a way to win consistently again.

Just under 19,000 on there today...how I wish to God the crowds would return to Ewood again to support this Team.

I think Hull fans are very much in favour of the new owners aren't they? Attendances picked up after they took over (against us first game). You do have to wonder what impact new owners would have on our crowds....

33 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Our extraordinary stats continue. After 18 games, every game we have scored first we have won, every game we have conceded first we have lost. Not only that, every time we have scored first we have not been brought back to level and the opposite when we have conceded first.

Another one.. we’ve lost as many games as bottom of the table West Brom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Nah I just remember all the pelters I was getting to suggest he wasn't the boy wonder....10m this , best player that....🤷‍♂️

Nobody is giving you pelters for thinking he's not amazing.

You're getting pelters for continuously, repeatedly, relentlessly slagging off a young player at the club, for no real reason. It's been two years, and conversations on this forum that are nothing to do with him get sidelined by your agenda.

Unless it comes out that he's been having it away with your wife or your daughter, then I see absolutely no explainable, valid reason for someone to have such a problem with a footballer.

Stop bringing him up and maybe people will stop calling you out for your weird John Buckley bashing fetish.

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Nobody is giving you pelters for thinking he's not amazing.

You're getting pelters for continuously, repeatedly, relentlessly slagging off a young player at the club, for no real reason. It's been two years, and conversations on this forum that are nothing to do with him get sidelined by your agenda.

Unless it comes out that he's been having it away with your wife or your daughter, then I see absolutely no explainable, valid reason for someone to have such a problem with a footballer.

Stop bringing him up and maybe people will stop calling you out for your weird John Buckley bashing fetish.

One of the best posts ever on this forum.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2022 at 12:53, Paul Mani said:

It’s not rocket science lads and Brereton isn’t some type of anomaly. When he signed he was 19, had represented England at a few youth levels and had tore Arsenal a new arse in an FA cup game. The potential was there…the problem was, he wasn’t ready and some fans (not all ) are VERY quick to write off young players.

At the start of the season I asked a member of the current coaching team who they thought were the diamonds in our academy and the answer was instant…”Ash Phillips, Adam Wharton and Harry Leonard. We expect Phillips to be a £25m defender inside 12-18 months…he’s already got PL teams all over him”

Incidentally, he also suggested that the two he was most worried about based on JDT’s expectations were Ayala and Dack as there was a suggestion inside the club that they might not fit….it seems the former has got over those worries, the latter not so much.

The point I make is, ‘They’ know who are the better players etc. If you listen to the rumblings you can see who hasn’t had a chance.

I haven’t seen enough of Vale but they obv see something in him. Fingers crossed they’re right…tbf they’re not often wrong these days on youth! 600+ and counting!

Owen was scoring wonder goals for England at 19. Come on man. Bellingham is now touted as a 100 million player. 

BB was cack - he was cack. Now he isnt. 

End of.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, moerpho said:

In other news: Newcastle showing the importance of bottomless pockets in the PL. Third in the table as it stands.

Very depressing. I hate Newcastle, their fans have always been incredibly self entitled.

Some (and it will be a small amount) fans are planning a protest against the owners for using Newcastle for "sportwashing" but 99% won't care because they are 3rd and spending £150m+ on players. Of course when Ashley wasn't running the club "correctly" they were out in force to protest.

• Like 8

Just now, davulsukur said:

Very depressing. I hate Newcastle, their fans have always been incredibly self entitled.

Some (and it will be a small amount) fans are planning a protest against the owners for using Newcastle for "sportwashing" but 99% won't care because they are 3rd and spending £150m+ on players. Of course when Ashley wasn't running the club "correctly" they were out in force to protest.

Great city and like the people, but got to agree, it's crap the way that teams can go about it now.

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Another great result,we seem to have found a way to win consistently again.

Just under 19,000 on there today...how I wish to God the crowds would return to Ewood again to support this Team.

Not long ago their gates were similar to ours but i think they also did some good ST deals etc.

That is the key to most clubs crowds in this league and until the useless overpaid suits at Ewood realise this and come up with something that brings those back who've dropped off- OVER THE LAST 3 YEARS - or so under Waggots watch !

Then we'll never move forward in the stands.

Although in the case of the likes of Hull and its size it's much easier to double your gates overnight than it is in Blackburn.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Not long ago their gates were similar to ours but i think they also did some good ST deals etc.

That is the key to most clubs crowds in this league and until the useless overpaid suits at Ewood realise this and come up with something that brings those back who've dropped off- OVER THE LAST 3 YEARS - or so under Waggots watch !

Then we'll never move forward in the stands.

Although in the case of the likes of Hull and its size it's much easier to double your gates overnight than it is in Blackburn.

Huge catchment area and only competing with the rugby teams, which is rarely on at the same time.

Another very pleasing result today with a comfortable win over a truly shocking Hull side another example of the lack of quality in this league, to not have a shot on target (like us at Wigan) is shocking.

Performance wise, Kaminski could have stayed at home, Hyam again excellent, Scott Wharton was more convincing than he has been recently, Pickering was totally comfortable and continues to be an underrated part of our team who seldom lets us down and Travis was solid in both positions. Morton and Adam Wharton were both really good, the former is really into his stride and the latter is a top talent. Szmodics was our brightest attacker, he did have a couple of poor finishes before his excellent goal and also was let down by his touch in the box before pulling the ball back in the second half but he was full of running and a constant threat, the polar opposite to Dolan who was very sluggish and ineffective. Brereton looks shattered and Gallagher wasn't at his best, missing a sitter.

The subs also played their part, Ayala is such a good defender, Carter was fine, Vale gave it away through inexperience twice but also was a regular out ball and did well and Dack barely had a kick but his pressing was really impressive and caused mistakes, usually he would be needed to get a goal but he belied the recent narrative that he can't fit in.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Brilliant performance again. All I really have to say 

except I thought Dack couldn’t be played in this system?????

Firstly, we changed formation to 4-2-3-1 formation from 3-5-2 formation we played in the last 3 games. Sam Szmodics scored one and could have at least another goal. 

Like Mark Atkins said on BBC Radio Lancashire that Dack didn't have much influence in an attacking sense, but he chased and clown down. 

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Newcastle is a great city with great people like plus for me its the best night out in the UK. 

I am pleased for Newcastle fans that they are doing so well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly, we changed formation to 4-2-3-1 formation from 3-5-2 formation we played in the last 3 games. Sam Szmodics scored one and could have at least another goal. 

Like Mark Atkins said on BBC Radio Lancashire that Dack didn't have much influence in an attacking sense, but he chased and clown down. 

Newcastle is a great city with great people like plus for me its the best night out in the UK. 

I am pleased for Newcastle fans that they are doing so well. 

Do you still think that he doesn't fit in and he shouldn't be in the 18 going forward, out of interest?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Pickering was totally comfortable and continues to be an underrated part of our team who seldom lets us down and Travis was solid in both positions

Agreed. I'm glad Travis filled in well at RB. Harry definitely growing too.

Just now, JoeH said:

Agreed. I'm glad Travis filled in well at RB. Harry definitely growing too.

Hopefully Brittain will be back on Tuesday, but thankfully Hull are awful and didn't have the quality or seemingly the tactical awareness to get at Travis, who has a tendency to stray when at right back.