BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

6 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Sorry lads, Raya is destined to be Spains no1 , is playing in the Premiership and being linked to Top clubs. You need to remove your Blue and White tinted glasses. He's absolutely class.  Mowbray shafted us, sold one of the best young keepers in the World and brought in whatever his name was.  I remember watching a Youtube video of a former Rovers youth coach being interviewed. He said he was stunned we'd shipped him and for so little for him as it was obvious he had massive potential and was destined for great things...  Kaminski is a good keeper, but I don't think he's in the Raya bracket- he'd have been snapped up by now wouldn't he!? This isn't an attack on Kaminski, I really like him, but saying he's better than Raya just comes across as proper bias.

Best young keepers in the world is a bit ott 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I'm fairly sure we do have a pretty decent sell on, actually. I forget how much exactly, but not a trivial %. 

20% of the profit made on his next transfer will be owed to us, according to FM. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Sorry lads, Raya is destined to be Spains no1 , is playing in the Premiership and being linked to Top clubs. You need to remove your Blue and White tinted glasses. He's absolutely class.  Mowbray shafted us, sold one of the best young keepers in the World and brought in whatever his name was.  I remember watching a Youtube video of a former Rovers youth coach being interviewed. He said he was stunned we'd shipped him and for so little for him as it was obvious he had massive potential and was destined for great things...  Kaminski is a good keeper, but I don't think he's in the Raya bracket- he'd have been snapped up by now wouldn't he!? This isn't an attack on Kaminski, I really like him, but saying he's better than Raya just comes across as proper bias.

Agree 100%.

Appalling decision to sell him. And before anybody starts claiming we had to because he wanted to go, well that was due in no small part to the way he was treated by Mowbray and Venus, and a pathetic contract offer. Remember when he got dropped for Leutweiler, who is now third choice for Oldham in the conference.

Any sell on fee will just disappear into the Venky void, so it’s little consolation. 

• Like 8

How is it known that he was treated so badly, same with Nyambe? Just seems like rumour and conjecture aimed at making the situation seem worse.

I think the price was certainly smaller that it perhaps should have been, albeit not as low as Brereton and Rothwell who the owners insisted were allowed to run their deals down. And the year loan of Walton was terrible, but the signing of Kaminski for 1/7 of the Raya fee was a superb bit of business.

• Like 1

I said it when he was here, unbelievable shot stopper who will go on to play for a big club in the prem. 

On to current times though and Trav looked leggy again today, we are desperate for a new centre mid in there, just give me someone who can put a tackle in, is mobile and can play a pass. Or am I asking for too much there? 😂

Second on the list another striker to replace Hirst who’s going to Ipswich, Jamal Lowe from Bournemouth on loan potentially. 

Get those two positions filled we might just have a sniff of staying around the top six, another right back is needed long-term but I don’t mind JRC playing there till Brittain is back, he’s been much improved has JRC. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I still think selling him would have a negative impact on the club chances of getting a top 6 place and playoff place. If you are going to sell him then you need replace him with left side attacking player and striker aswell

What type of player is Hakon Evjen? 

Evjen is a attacking midfielder / right winger, good left foot and only 22 years. I don't know if there is interest still, but I do remember his name being mentioned during the summer. It might be because of the Gregg Broughton / Glimt connection, as Evjen is a former Bodø/Glimt player.

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Swanson said:

Evjen is a attacking midfielder / right winger, good left foot and only 22 years. I don't know if there is still interest, but I do remember his name being mentioned during the summer. It might be because of the Gregg Broughton / Glimt connection, as Evjen is a former Bodø/Glimt player.

thanks for the reply 

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Repeated public criticism… the best one was when Mowbray really bitterly came out and said “He thinks he can play Premier League football one day… we’ll see.” 

I’ve also been told specific examples about how both Raya and Nyambe were treated. I can’t elaborate on here and break a confidence, but they’d constitute work place bullying in any other environment. I know I can’t expect anyone else to take that as gospel, but I believe their treatment played a big part in their wanting to leave, along with their contracts.

It’s been said before that Mowbray did not always seem to act in the best interests of the club. Granted people on here do need to be careful about their source of information, but looking back at things like this, certainly has eyebrows being raised.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not often to be honest but what’s that got to do with Hirst ?  I’ve seen him play and he’s been a real disappointment.

Apologies I meant Hirst?

The lad seems to be playing a level above his ability, so a good fit for Ipswich.

Edited by Gav

18 minutes ago, Gav said:

Apologies I meant Hirst?

The lad seems to be playing a level above his ability, so a good fit for Ipswich.

I saw the highlight reel and I liked the way he attacked balls played in. Seems that was all there was to his game and given we don’t play that way he ended up looking like a spare prick at a wedding. My youngest lad who’s watched every minute of every game ( don’t ask how ) says “ Terrible “.

Let's all be honest he was brought in as Diaz's mate. It was a risk that hasn't paid off. Freeing up the 10k in wages we were shelling out for let's be honest a poor player. I am hoping with this being sorted quickly we move on just as quickly in bringing in a replacement. I think vale is decent back up but we need a goal scorer, if we're to keep top six.

Good luck to Hirst in lge 1. I'll think he'll do OK for Ipswich. He's nowhere the level we need so it's a good move all round. I didn't see anything in his game to suggest he is or will be a championship striker. Then again, Sam Gallagher has made a career at this level...

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wonder if we see new forward/wide player join this week now Hirst gome

Central midfielder should be the priority but another striker also needed. I’d take Jamal Lowe on loan from Bournemouth but I think there will be a lot of championship clubs queuing up for him.