BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 hour ago, premier_dreamer said:

Can’t understand all this ‘Mola is just lacking confidenc chat.

He’s atrocious, saw him against Forest in the cup and he made a mistake every time he touched the ball, before JDT subbed him off at half time.

I don’t want to see him play another game for us

I was quite excited when we signed him, seemingly good pedigree and he does appear to have some good physical attributes. However, the Preston game was a huge red flag for me. He was absolutely all over the place when he came on and I genuinely thought he’d go off at half time then. There’s been too many instances of him being caught out and looking absolutely lost on the pitch. He’s got a lot of developing to do before he can be considered championship ready, so I’d have to agree with your last point.

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Would prefer we sign quality rather than numbers (which is what I would guess he's being brought in for). Just another young lad from another club which will block the likes of Morton.

Hope I'm wrong, and no I've not seen him Chaddy.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Would prefer we sign quality rather than numbers (what I guess he's being brought in for). Just another young lad from another club which will block the likes of Morton.

Hope I'm wrong, and no I've not seen him Chaddy.

It's an extremely underwhelming signing, when we have the likes of garret, morton, Buckley and A.wharton in the middle too

• Like 3

• Backroom

Seems Kilkenny has been hampered by injuries, including an MCL tear in October.

Don't know what to think about this, as he was a real emerging talent for Bournemouth last season and season before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

It's an extremely underwhelming signing, when we have the likes of garret, morton, Buckley and A.wharton in the middle too

Exactly. We need experience in the middle. Not another young lad, and certainly not one that's not ours. IMO. Time these European scouts started earning their corn.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

Looks like yet again we'll be scraping the barrel for mediocre loans then. Considering the position we're in, watching teams like Wigan, Blackpool and Preston get reasonable business done early whilst we will inevitably rush a bunch of average at best kids from PL clubs in on deadline day is just downright depressing.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Linked to Bournemouths 22 year old Irish midfielder Gavin kilkenny on twitter, come from rovers latest account 

Very very underwhelming signing if true, lad can't even get into a Stoke side sat in 18th

23 appearances, Bournemouth youth who never really broke into the team. 3 appearances in a poor Stoke side. That's our man!

9 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’d go even further than that. It’d be a pointless, shite signing. We don’t need a midfielder to make up the numbers - Harlock should be blooded before padding out with another loanee who likely won’t be up to speed til March. We need someone to improve the starting 11, anything else is a waste of time and money.

They're trying to turn Harlock into a RB aren't they?

He definitely started there for the U21s recently. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Looks like yet again we'll be scraping the barrel for mediocre loans then. Considering the position we're in, watching teams like Wigan, Blackpool and Preston get reasonable business done early whilst we will inevitably rush a bunch of average at best kids from PL clubs in on deadline day is just downright depressing.

Really is embarrassing. We all don’t mind waiting if we have proven players. I can’t even see this lad starting ahead of what we’ve got…

Our neighbours have all wrapped up business who are probably on par or better than this lad…& thats with us not even signing him yet so that will take up another weeks worth of time to get it over the line…Let’s hope we have 1-2 more who are proven at this level.

Anyone know why he didn’t play for Stoke? 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

If Kilkenny does sign, then I hope Wharton or Garrett are loaned out to L1/L2 so they can get some regular game time.

GB stated in a podcast that he and JDT spoke with Wharton and wanted him to be in a similar situation to Tyler Morton by the end of the season. He did say he’s already further along than they thought he would be, yet he sits on the bench and doesn’t get a sniff of game-time.

Edited by BRFC_Polky
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They're trying to turn Harlock into a RB aren't they?

He definitely started there for the U21s recently. 

Yeah, he’s played there quite a bit. Seems silly to me as from what I’ve seen of him he’s got an eye for a pass, puts himself about and tackles. Looks a promising midfielder all day long to me. I was kind of hoping we’d got past the whole anybody can do a job at right back idea - surely it’s been proven false too many times!

52 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Very very underwhelming signing if true, lad can't even get into a Stoke side sat in 18th

Kilkenny was unlucky considering he was signed on loan by a different manager than the one they have now. O'Neill signed him, only managed to get a few games out of him until his injury, and I presume Neil doesn't fancy him.