BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

35 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Daily Express this morning so don't believe there will be anything in it personally.

Screenshot_20230113-084544.png

You would really think that people who get paid for spouting this shite would know the rules first he made 2 appearences for Watford before moving to Forest so yet again they get paid for talking shit

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course top players go on loan, but your examples were at a club at a much higher level, so not really a fair comparison.

Is roverandout’s point not that he’s as good as any other player we already have at this second tier level? So should be in our team, not some L1/L2 team.

Of course that’s debatable, and he may benefit from a loan, because if he should be playing or not, he currently isn’t, but it wasn’t particularly debatable that Kane wasn’t ready for a team chasing the CL as a teenager so needed loaning out.

If he's behind Buckley, Morton, Travis, Garrett and a possible loan (even if he's more talented than all of them) then a loan for 6 months to a league team where he starts every week is the best thing for him.

I'd be OK with selling Brereton Diaz and getting Dennis in return for six months. Dennis will be a good striker at this level, and I think it would allow us to take at least some funds to put towards a permanent forward in summer.

I think we have to read the script. Keeping Brereton Diaz is going to be a distraction for the next four or five months due to his contract situation. I'm not convinced he's going to play to the expectations we have of him with this ongoing situation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I'd be OK with selling Brereton Diaz and getting Dennis in return for six months. Dennis will be a good striker at this level, and I think it would allow us to take at least some funds to put towards a permanent forward in summer.

I think we have to read the script. Keeping Brereton Diaz is going to be a distraction for the next four or five months due to his contract situation. I'm not convinced he's going to play to the expectations we have of him with this ongoing situation.

He's also been massively off the boil since the World Cup.

Has Dennis played any games for Notts Forest?

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's also been massively off the boil since the World Cup.

Has Dennis played any games for Notts Forest?

Yeah he's played a bunch of games for them, he also played a couple of times for Watford early this season before moving there. So won't be able to play for another club.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

Daily Express this morning so don't believe there will be anything in it personally.

Screenshot_20230113-084544.png

Considering how long it took BBD to look anything like a footballer i'm not sure i'd be looking to do a similar deal ever again. 

Also he'd be off his marbles to go back there now if he finishes this season strongly.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its not cos this is new footballing management structure and appointments made 7/8 months ago 

We talk about FFP time after time on here. So I not going to talk deeply about it now. Its been done to death on here. 

This Director of football, head coach, head of recruitment and recruitment haven't screwed up time after time so that is just plain wrong. You are going back to the past instead of looking at the footballing staff at the club who are at the first season at the club. Time to judge isn't now but after the window closes. We had all this during the summer when people after people were panicking about lack of signings. Allow them to bring in the signings this window. 

Ok, let's try this one more time! 

What I'm asking is what evidence is there that it will be different under this new manager/DOF when:

- Venkys, who call the shots, are still in charge.

- They - Venkys - have messed up constantly over 12 years through their rule. 

- We have had plenty of new managers and management structures (e.g. Paul Senior) and scouting nextworks (e.g. TMs European scouting network) which have all failed. 

- Waggot is still here.

- And in fact we were in a very similar position the previous year which we botched. 

why, given all this evidence, is it all good and rosey now? Because the manager and DoF are new? But we have had new structures and personel before, so that doesn't really wash. Are Venkys suddenly going to run the club differently? Unlikely after 12 years. 

There's no evidence that this year is going to go any differently. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see it. 

oh and before you say it optimistic outlook isn't evidence. In fact with Rovers it's often contrary to that! So it's a bit unfair to say people have no right to be worried given the last 12 years of issues. 

• Like 5

They must be keeping a tight lid on transfer info' at Rovers, the media don't seem to be catching any genuine leaks at all.

The wait is frustrating for us fans, but at least it can allow us to secure deals without competition from the richer clubs around us. Ahmedhodzic being hijacked by Sheff U continues to haunt me... if the silence can prevent similar situations in the future, then so be it!

Other other hand, it's also possible that there is simply no movement on transfers, and therefore nothing to actually report on... let's hope this isn't the case!

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

Farke said "He has missed too many sessions for personal reasons, or problems with his Achilles and ankle. He has to make sure he is working so hard to find his fitness level. You cannot afford to be out for two or three weeks, train a day or two and then be available to shine on this level."

Wagner said "... no secret ... he isn't part of the plans moving forward".

Seems to have personal issues and is injury prone.

Is this really someone we want to bring on board?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Farke said "He has missed too many sessions for personal reasons, or problems with his Achilles and ankle. He has to make sure he is working so hard to find his fitness level. You cannot afford to be out for two or three weeks, train a day or two and then be available to shine on this level."

In the Hughes days it's how we ended up with Bellamy. We used to be really good at taking this type of player, rehabilitating his career and selling on at a profit.

Now after 12 years of total mismanagement even our fans are scarred of signing this type of player.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, phili said:

In the Hughes days it's how we ended up with Bellamy. We used to be really good at taking this type of player, rehabilitating his career and selling on at a profit.

Now after 12 years of total mismanagement even our fans are scarred of signing this type of player.

It's sort of how I see it too. I think the difference is that Bellamy was pure commitment. You knew what you were going to get out of him every time. I'd worry that Cantwell ends up more Murphy/Rodwell than Bellamy/Bentley.

If the deals right then it's worth a go, no doubting that, given at only 24 (Scott Wharton and Lewis Travis are 25 for reference!), he was touted as a £30m player and has performed in the league above. Having said that, I wouldn't be putting all my eggs in the Cantwell basket, he'd be a nice bonus after we've sorting the more pressing areas.

Edited by superniko

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Presuming there'll be a budget in summer and he will need replacing anyway why not do the smart thing for once. Instead of worrying about a piddling few million we might get for him and significantly weakening the team for the rest of the season whilst we have a fantastic once in a decade chance of finishing in the top 6 ?

Simply get this new DoF and crack team or recruiters to pull their fingers out and get someone in now with a view to sign perm in summer.  Someone who will strengthen the squad and can be used with BBD and put a bit of pressure on him whilst easing his way in.

This is what an ambitious organised club whose owners don't desperately need a cash injection would do.  People need to think logically about this instead of as if the money was going into their own pockets.  The clubs immediate future doesn't rest on the sale of BBD, we are ok at the min with FFP and the money would be a small fee in instalments that would just disappear into the void straight away.

BUILD a side for a real go at it whilst we have a shot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Point taken although I would point out Kane was still out on loan up to a couple of months before his 21st birthday.

But kane wasn't anywhere near the player he Is now.  There was no indication at the time he was going to be one of the best forwards in the world.  Wharton is clearly showing his talent at 18

23 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

It sounds like he isn’t ready to be playing for the foreseeable. When you consider what Tomasson made of Dack’s match fitness I doubt he’d play Cantwell much this season if he were to sign.

Even without the questionable attitude I think this is one to avoid. We need signings that make an immediate impact.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

It sounds like he isn’t ready to be playing for the foreseeable. When you consider what Tomasson made of Dack’s match fitness I doubt he’d play Cantwell much this season if he were to sign.

Even without the questionable attitude I think this is one to avoid. We need signings that make an immediate impact.

He's played 18 times this season for Norwich - the Farke comment was, I assume, from years ago.

Personally I think it'd be a cracking signing if the price is right.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

But kane wasn't anywhere near the player he Is now.  There was no indication at the time he was going to be one of the best forwards in the world.  Wharton is clearly showing his talent at 18

He is showing some talent but hardly on a level that makes him immune from having a loan spell - he is certainly not as good as Harvey Elliot when he came to us - and if it is true that there is a bit of an attitude problem a spell at a club with lesser facilities might wake him up that that is what awaits him if he doesn't shape up.

• Like 1