BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

13 minutes ago, AspRover said:

I have a memory that a while back - I think in the later prem years - we were linked with a youngster from a relatively obscure league. Someone on here edited his Wikipedia page to claim that he was the Bulgarian (or whatever, I forget where he was from) u21 100m record holder, with a time so stupidly Usain Bolt good that it should have been an obvious hoax. The next day actual newspapers went with 'rovers chase Bulgarian speed merchant' as a story.

Domachevski , my memory recalls.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AspRover said:

I have a memory that a while back - I think in the later prem years - we were linked with a youngster from a relatively obscure league. Someone on here edited his Wikipedia page to claim that he was the Bulgarian (or whatever, I forget where he was from) u21 100m record holder, with a time so stupidly Usain Bolt good that it should have been an obvious hoax. The next day actual newspapers went with 'rovers chase Bulgarian speed merchant' as a story.

Pretty sure the player actually was Bulgarian. I think the time they put in was close to 10 seconds, so about half a second slower than Usain, but quicker than anyone you're likely to find in football! But yep the papers ran with it, I think even Sky quoted the running time.

5 minutes ago, blondie said:

Domachevski , my memory recalls.

I thought it was Ivelin Popov, but I could be misremembering.

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 hour ago, AspRover said:

I remember that! Can't remember the name but it was funny.

On 20/01/2023 at 14:00, roversfan99 said:

Nice were reported as bidding £8.4m and Everton with a bid rising to £10m. They may not be what he would warrant with longer than a year but that isn't derisory compared to the inevitable free transfer a year later.

Nice and Sevilla bid 8.4 million and Fulham made a bid of 6 mil with 4 mil in add ons. 

Everton didn't make a bid from what we know

3 hours ago, Devon Rover said:

So, on this Undav guy. Some of you seem excited about this one. Personally, I hadn't heard of him before. Is this just me not keeping up with the changing generations of footballers, or is it more a case of the collective dumbing down of us as Rovers fans, and our expectations, that this might be sold as the "highlight" of our transfer window, and whom we should be biting our nails over until (if) he joins??

Genuine question and I might well be betraying my ignorance. 

Look at this

Deniz Undav Skills, Goals & Assists | HD - YouTube 

Deniz Undav 🔴🟡 Welcome To Galatasaray Golleri Yetenekleri Goals Skills and More Union Saint Gilloise - YouTube

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Why would you keep track of European players as a fan when we don't have a European Scout?

We do have a head of European scout at the club in Luke Griffin. 

On 09/01/2023 at 17:54, J*B said:

Basically, this @JoeH but @StubbsUKwill be able to give an even more technical answer. 

A bit of a faff and we are looking for a solution but haven’t got one any better than upload elsewhere and link (yet). 

That's the way to do it, BRFCS it set up & tuned to host a website & forum, we don't have the bandwidth to be hosting loads of video, but if you upload it to YouTube & paste the link it'll pick it up and make it all fancy for you.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

O'Brien for Forest wasn't in the squad. 

Has O'Brien been linked to Rovers?

To summarise, it's looking like we may or may not sign Undav on loan, Porteous permanent and the Russian goalie? Have I missed anyone?

3 minutes ago, booth said:

To summarise, it's looking like we may or may not sign Undav on loan, Porteous permanent and the Russian goalie? Have I missed anyone?

They're the 3 that we've been confirmed as interested in. Think we're favourites for the striker. GK seemed nailed on. I think the CB has quite a few options, including Watford/Udinese. 

9 minutes ago, booth said:

How quickly can the Russian goalie get here because he should start next match.

11 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

They're the 3 that we've been confirmed as interested in. Think we're favourites for the striker. GK seemed nailed on. I think the CB has quite a few options, including Watford/Udinese. 

I was hoping we'd finally be looking to sign a striker permanantly but we don't seem to do that any more. The curse of Sam Gallagher.

58 minutes ago, StubbsUK said:

That's the way to do it, BRFCS it set up & tuned to host a website & forum, we don't have the bandwidth to be hosting loads of video, but if you upload it to YouTube & paste the link it'll pick it up and make it all fancy for you.

Should probably do this privately - but is there a way in which the website deletes the video content after say 10 days? Setting up a YouTube account, uploading and linking would be very annoying if I had to keep doing that. 

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Should probably do this privately - but is there a way in which the website deletes the video content after say 10 days? Setting up a YouTube account, uploading and linking would be very annoying if I had to keep doing that. 

The potential bandwidth spike from a popular video isn't worth it. It eats data.

• Like 1