BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

I have zero expectations for tomorrow.  More bluster about how we were desperate to bring someone In and the summer will be different.  Jdt will point to the youth and not bringing in players to block their pathway.  That was always the plan.  Broughton will reiterate that we need another 6 months to get our scouting system properly set up and its a long term project.  Fans will hang on their every word like it's gospel.  The season will peter out to midtable.  Fans will then say that's our level. The summer will bring more turmoil as jdt asks to leave then venkys will reappoint Micheal appleton 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rover23 said:

Given the players he has available JDT has performed miracles. Our squad is a bottom half Championship squad and we’re in the playoffs. 

If finished 8th last season and isn't so different this time around so miracles is a bit strong but hes done ok so far.

• Like 1

An experienced but mobile CM to direct the flagging Travis, Morton and Buckley is essential. Someone of real ability and authority could revive their forms.

But, then, we've been saying that for an age and the best that's come in have been Johnson, Holtby and Downing and the odd youth loanee, like Clarkson.

The manager wants a certain style and the current crop are struggling to implement it.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Butty said:

Even if we didn’t bring anyone in you’d still defend the club, and if we do bring a striker in and he’s not a good player 

I will defend the club of course its my club when I think is needed and criticise when I think it's right.

Let's wait and see who we signed. Didn’t know much about Undav or Gelhardt and zilch about Kone. 

4 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Can’t say I would be too disappointed if we ended the Jdt experiment early, I’m not seeing what we are trying to achieve at the moment. We are a hard watch , don’t create enough, can’t come back into games, it’s not great. 

JDT has to be allow time to build a team and his own style. 

4 hours ago, J*B said:

All quiet on the western front!

Good sign that. Rovers will be busy tomorrow. It going to be mental tomorrow on here 

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

And yet the majority of our fan base have no optimism of staying there. Or for the future. The results deceive the eyes. There is a distinct lack of quality in the championship this year 

How can you say majority of fan base have no optimism in JDT? 

51 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

The football has largely been dire and a lot of the performances and away results awful but that said, JDT has us in a very healthy league position and provided the platform for a good tilt at the play offs. Once more, the club has been found severely lacking in taking up the challenge to step up in the January window.

If Warnock or McCarthy had us top 6 playing this so called dire football we would be called out saying its about results and league table. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

An experienced but mobile CM to direct the flagging Travis, Morton and Buckley is essential. Someone of real ability and authority could revive their forms.

But, then, we've been saying that for an age and the best that's come in have been Johnson, Holtby and Downing and the odd youth loanee, like Clarkson.

The manager wants a certain style and the current crop are struggling to implement it.

You always want better than what you have, but to me it's time to give Garrett, Wharton and Buckley a good long run out in the second half of the season (rotate Morton and Travis in). We won't find much better in our price range.

The problem we have is that players are missing gilt edged chances. Brereton, for example, has missed AT LEAST 3 during this current goal drought (he's up to 10 games now), and that's without me actually counting. Gallagher doesn't really get into position to miss them, but he's lashed plenty wide from promising positions too.

You can see the system coming together, but we're not punishing teams.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

We're talking the 3 from last season, plus BBD, right? BBD on his own had a worth of about £15-20 million this summer if he had been properly under contract. Rothwell, we were supposedly offered 4.5 or 6.5 mill last January with just 6 months on his deal (though I suspect the 6 months was balanced out by the buying club being promotion rivals and wanting to unsettle us, so his fully contracted market worth was probably about what we received). So just those two you're looking at more like 20-25 million (being a bit rough with values as you can't know for sure). It's been shoddy business, I don't care what flimsy excuses anybody wants to throw at me.

I was being conservative in my figures but yes that's right, that's where the problem lies and has been for 11 years in various different guises, from ditching Sam & putting SK in his place, allowing Anderson free reign to line his pockets at the club's expense, to hiring & firing managers in weeks, to appointing Coyle instead of Warnock, to leaving TM in charge for too long then not supporting him 12 months ago, then allowing those 4 players to all leave for not a penny in return, all whilst never being closer than half way across the glove whilst the club rots.

It's quite a charge sheet, and I know there's stuff I've not included that goes beyond.

JDT and GB are not the problem; their difficulties are just another symptom of it. We need to support them as IMO they're the best chance we've had in years of returning to something like an actual football club that wants to progress on and off the pitch.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will defend the club of course its my club. 

JDT has to be allow time to build a team and his own style. 

Good sign that. Rovers will be busy tomorrow. It going to be mental tomorrow on here 

How can you say majority of fan base have no optimism in JDT? 

If Warnock or McCarthy had us top 6 playing this so called dire football we would be called out saying its about results and league table. 

Need to reply to what I have actually said here chaddy, I said there is little optimism of staying in the playoffs.

Jdt has yet to convince me but I know he has his supporters who point to the league position 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

In the absence of a new striker I would be in favour of Gallagher getting an extended run as a 9.

Thomas will get crosses in.

I also think Dack, with his ability to get into the right place/right time, will score quite a few from Thomas assists.

He’ll still miss sitters and be a passenger week after week. But…

We won’t have a choice.

59 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Need to reply to what I have actually said here chaddy, I said there is little optimism of staying in the playoffs.

Fair enough 

59 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Jdt has yet to convince me but I know he has his supporters who point to the league position 

If Warnock or McCarthy had us in the same position with dire football, the same people would saying its all results, winning games and league table position. 

JDT has to built his own team and get them playing the style he wants

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fair enough 

If Warnock or McCarthy had us in the same position with dire football, the same people would saying its all results, winning games and league table position. 

All very well if the style makes sense but I am failing to see how fannying about at the back and conceding sloppy goals and creating next to no chances is going to get us anywhere. Championship football is a dogfight, grinding out results , winning dirty, hammering those weaker teams , we have seen that this team has no fight and has no guts to get back into a game. That’s getting us a ticket to nowhere in Afraid. 
you say give him time to build his own team but here we are about to close on a window making 1 loan signing so he isn’t taking opportunities to build his team 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fair enough 

I think a vast majority would agree that the results are way more important than attractive football. I also think it's impressive to be where we are in the league table, considering the squad. However, the boring football JDT currently seems to advocate doesn't seem effective. Very few goal scoring chances are created and the pointless suicide passing in front of our own penalty area is infuriating to watch. It's ridiculous to think back at some questioning whether Dack could fit into JDT's "high pressing system" when you consider the tactics on display. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems likely we will drop down the table very soon if nothing changes. 

Edited by Inferi
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

Anyone saying things like "I'm fine with Tomasson walking" are missing the entire point. I'm not sold on him yet either as a manager but a manager with ambition feeling he has no choice but to leave the club is a disaster.

If we can't attract players of a decent calibre, which let's to be honest, seems to be the case these days. Who the hell would we attract manager wise?

JDT probably had little to no idea about our owners, GB sold him the dream and he thought he'd use us as a springboard to bigger clubs. He must be having serious second thoughts now, he came to manage a football team, not be the lead clown in a circus.

I'd be amazed if he's still here next season, but it'll be either because he leaves of his own accord or we'll say he's left by mutual agreement. 

We can't loan managers (or we would) so given the obvious scaling back of player expenditure I really do dread to think who could be the next manager as the purse strings tighten further on that front too.

Some of you will probably have heard of Will Still, current Reims manager. Basically learnt the job playing football manager then went onto some lower league Belgium jobs as assistant. 30 years old, cheap, our next boss in the making......

• Like 3

The only plan Rovers seem to have is the academy. 

Clearly, in the next couple of years, we will have an under 21 side and our first team will essentially be an under 23 side-all on low contracts. 

I thought the last window was poor but this one is on a different level of inept at seemingly every level of the club.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

If we can't attract players of a decent calibre, which let's to be honest, seems to be the case these days. Who the hell would we attract manager wise?

JDT probably had little to no idea about our owners, GB sold him the dream and he thought he'd use us as a springboard to bigger clubs. He must be having serious second thoughts now, he came to manage a football team, not be the lead clown in a circus.

I'd be amazed if he's still here next season, but it'll be either because he leaves of his own accord or we'll say he's left by mutual agreement. 

We can't loan managers (or we would) so given the obvious scaling back of player expenditure I really do dread to think who could be the next manager as the purse strings tighten further on that front too.

Some of you will probably have heard of Will Still, current Reims manager. Basically learnt the job playing football manager then went onto some lower league Belgium jobs as assistant. 30 years old, cheap, our next boss in the making......

Judging by the amount of time Benson spends stood at the edge of the technical area, he’s preparing to take the reins. 

Never, ever seen a GK coach so involve with outfield decisions, it’s bizarre. 

• Like 2

Rich Sharpe's deadline day blog is up and running.....

He must be sat thinking why am I bothering, not his fault though.

So the buzz words for day in no particular order:

Tried

Failed

Priced out

Project 

Stumbling block

Wage structure

FFP

And the only signing will be a reserve goalkeeper from MK Dons (on loan obviously)

• Like 3