BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Plenty on Twitter are absolving Rovers of any blame for this debacle. All the EFL’s fault apparently.

The mind boggles.

What are these other deals still waiting for ratification? Someone said Bradford are waiting, who else? (Apart from Forest and Rochdale of course...)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

No it's not - however the component we need, a goal scorer (that can hopefully bring others into the play) isn't coming in.

Of course it is...

We have a goal scorer in Diaz, he can bring others into play and has scored over 30 goals in the past 2 season. Despite already having the credentials you're looking for, do you think we adding O'brien to this side will secure promotion?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

What are these other deals still waiting for ratification? Someone said Bradford are waiting, who else? (Apart from Forest and Rochdale of course...)

I’ve seen Bradford mentioned too, but to be honest I don’t really care enough to look. If other clubs have been stupid enough or too last minute to submit completed deals on time it’s on them, just like our issues are on us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

Sometimes a competent midfelder could lift the likes of Brereton Diaz and Gallagher so getting OBrien in along with Thomas is essential.

My thoughts exactly, we've got plenty forwards, it's up to the coaching staff to get them scoring. It isn't as if we've been linked with Callum Wilson is it? 

If we get O'brien, I'll be happy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

I do wonder if making fans feel as despondent as this isn’t the goal of some involved with the club.

What is to love about Blackburn Rovers in 2023? How does the future look for this football club under these owners?

I’m truly amazed the fans continue to turn up both home and away, but many more inept, incompetent fook ups like this will eventually see us leaving in droves. 

Not doing too bad to date, ST holders down to 8,500 and the morgue like  atmosphere that pervades Ewood. They are well on their way to killing us all off 🙈

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d say losing over half the fan base means the droves have already left. 

They were clearly not the real fanbase..

We are back to our natural level for me Tyrone, the gates and support we achieved before Jack came in, but if they start to walk away it will be job done for some at the club.

• Like 1

Been busy all day, have read Nixon's saga and not much else.

Taking that as correct, this is really borderline & depends how legally-minded the EFL are. As a lawyer myself I know that service of all the right documents at the right time in the right method is imperative. Minor errors or omissions are, more often than not, fatal.

Eg if a document (or documents) are not served in a prescribed way, service will be deemed ineffective even if the oppo admits they were received in time but in a non-prescribed manner. Or if a document is unsigned, or if a key document is missing, good luck arguing it in a relief from sanctions application.

Sorry if that worries folk more....

FWIW, it sounds as though an admin error was made by a Rovers employee brought about as a consequence of the last minute nature of the deal, which in itself does not sound like it was Rovers fault. This is why last minute deals are a risk, but doesn't mean they should be avoided. O'Brien was clearly worth trying for, hence why we agreed to all demands, and it wasn't the club's fault that that situation arose.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Well no that was kind of my point. We don't need a domestic break to scout players. What do you mean without matches to concentrate on? The recruitment team don't concentrate on our matches. I'm not having a go I'm just confused as to what point you're making. I don't know if you read my post thoroughly?

Ideal chance for recruitment and our first team coaches to sit down and look at what’s needed for the first team and then put out feelers. There should be no need to wait till the last knockings to make a move. 

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

They were clearly not the real fanbase..

We are back to our natural level for me Tyrone, the gates and support we achieved before Jack came in, but if they start to walk away it will be job done for some at the club.

And job over for some more.

I’d say our natural level used to be 12,000 to 15,000 back in the day. Of course the success raised that past 20,000 mark.

• Like 3

Wow, if we have the same issue on two deals then it smacks of inefficiency / lack of knowledge.

Anyone can make a mistake but two in the final hours of deadline day is  totally and completely indefensible 

Think even less likely now we will see any leeway from the EFL - might suggest the club reviews it's employees' competencies!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Or deliberate.

Nah, don't buy that for a second.

Medical done, club media interview done, photos all taken.

If the deal wasn't legitimate, they wouldn't have gone through these steps.

Incompetent, possibly (unless this is indeed an EFL issue).

Deliberate, take the tinfoil hat off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Wow, if we have the same issue on two deals then it smacks of inefficiency / lack of knowledge.

Anyone can make a mistake but two in the final hours of deadline day is  totally and completely indefensible 

Think even less likely now we will see any leeway from the EFL - might suggest it reviews it's employees' competencies!

were they even negotiating on the deals???

14 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve seen Bradford mentioned too, but to be honest I don’t really care enough to look. If other clubs have been stupid enough or too last minute to submit completed deals on time it’s on them, just like our issues are on us.

Although I certainly do expect the failure will be at our club's side - because ya know, experience - it's not impossible the EFL have ballsed something up a bit. If there are other clubs in a backlog of any significant size, that possibility increases, that's why I'm interested. There's submitting it late, and then there's nearly an entire day passing with no news at all. Something seems off if a few clubs are all in that boat. We'd usually have been told yay or nay by now.

12 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Ideal chance for recruitment and our first team coaches to sit down and look at what’s needed for the first team and then put out feelers. There should be no need to wait till the last knockings to make a move. 

Recruitment's position was only changed in the sense of not being able to scout domestic games live for most of December. If our first team coaches and manager need a break in games to realise what the glaring inefficiencies are in the team, they're not fit for purpose. Also, we were still training I think (might be wrong on that) in which case staff probably took a break at the weekends anyway. It shouldn't take a lot of meeting time for the manager to convey to recruitment where his priorities lie and what type of player he wants. And recruitment/GB can put out feelers whether we are playing or not.