BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We need Evangelos Marinakis to throw some £ the EFL's way here.

I actually did think I wonder would some PL pressure help here but highly doubt it. Forest not big enough, maybe if it was City or United that were involved.

57 minutes ago, den said:

I think you know that Paul’s trying to say that crowds dropped under Allardyce because of the non entertaining football. Without actually saying it.

They didn’t.

He's not actually saying that den, he said over the past 25yrs! He's been on a fishing trip and caught a few, me included.

I don't need to look at numbers and average attendances to understand that for the much of the past 25yrs this club has been an absolute joy to behold, an integral part of mine and every other Rovers fans life, the lifeblood of the town and I'm proud as punch at what we achieved.

Sadly, as soon as those morons from Pune walked through the door that all changed and here we are.

Championship Club with the worst owners in football.

Have we signed anyone yet?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Only thing I can think of is if there was a problem with the EFL 'portal' which meant they were submitted in time but not registered as received.

If that is the case, I can’t see how the deal can’t go through.

1 minute ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Is this actually an appeal though? Nixon said that the registration has been rejected but Sharpe is saying that it has yet to be approved - which are slightly different things.

Surely there should be clearer information. I.e Registration rejected, Rovers now appealing decision. You would imagine it would get out weather it was officially rejected rather than under consideration.

SSN saying Rovers are awaiting EFLs approval for what it's worth.

I still have hope and I know you can't call it but I imagine if it's cut and dry they would have made their ruling and said no it wasn't submitted in time. Why it takes so long is baffling. Hard to call, if it's a case of the EFL asking for further evidence than maybe it will get the green light?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Is this actually an appeal though? Nixon said that the registration has been rejected but Sharpe is saying that it has yet to be approved - which are slightly different things.

Very good point. If it’s already been rejected we’ve no chance. If no decision had been made either way until now there’s hope.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Surely there should be clearer information. I.e Registration rejected, Rovers now appealing decision. You would imagine it would get out weather it was officially rejected rather than under consideration.

SSN saying Rovers are awaiting EFLs approval for what it's worth.

I still have hope and I know you can't call it but I imagine if it's cut and dry they would have made their ruling and said no it wasn't submitted in time. Why it takes so long is baffling. Hard to call, if it's a case of the EFL asking for further evidence than maybe it will get the green light?

Perhaps it suits all parties involved to keep it quiet until it's resolved.

7 minutes ago, blackburnravers.com said:

Again, trying to be positive I wonder if Forest have got some indication that the O Brien deal will get approved. They are in advanced negotiations with Ayew for the last squad place they have available. Unless they are going to sign him regardless and omit O' Brien completely. Very possible but hoping for a positive outcome.

• Like 2

This whole saga hammers home to me why I don't engage with Rovers anywhere near as much as I used to (moving away from Blackburn aside) - everything we do has to be drawn out in the most torturous manner and honestly, it's exhausting.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, AspRover said:

I thought forests squad was full, hence O'Brien playing here or not playing at all - if it turns out that he's got a squad space at forest he might not be too bothered about the outcome of the appeal. 

They have committed to 24 players and have until 3pm today to submit the full 25 list. They want to register Ayew by the sounds of it. So they're either hopeful about O'Brien moving to us or don't care if he sits on the sidelines for six months.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

4 minutes ago, lraC said:

Release O'Brien, make him a free agent and we then sign him. If we do get promoted, Forest sue us for £10m for negligence and we roll over and pay them, acknowledging that they were correct about that.

I know you aren't entirely serious, but even so he would have had to be released before the deadline in order for us to sign him.

16 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I know you aren't entirely serious, but even so he would have had to be released before the deadline in order for us to sign him.

I'm not being entirely serious, but do think releasing him now and making him a free agent (unemployed) would actually work.

5 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Looking on BBC football transfers the Markanday deal is listed at one minute to midnight on the time line very much one of the last deals to go through. That one very nearly didn't happen as well!

Knowing us we probably persuaded that one first, before realising we had 2 players Sat being interviewed.