BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Paul “two degrees” Fielder would take exception. He loved telling us how he was the most qualified person at the club!

I still can't get over how a man who can't market his own club to his own son, and is obsessed with the benefits of a 5yo sales con (NFTs), is Head of Commercial.

And dared to tell us to our faces that there's nothing special about Blackburn Rovers.

Twat.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

What would be the motive ?

Waggott has admitted on numerous occasions that he is judged on the balance sheet. That was obvious to begin with, but he's also confirmed it. So long as he can produce figures showing decreasing costs and increasing income he's happy as he can take that to India and keep the money men there satisfied. He then gets his huge salary for another year, and probably a nice bonus on top. Only a few more years until golden retirement.

Bringing in an O'Brien on full wages, or even a large percentage of what Forest pay him, would be like placing dynamite under his account ledgers. In one swoop costs would go through the roof. Even if say £15k per week for 4 months - that's £250,000. For a bloke who squeezes every penny he can from loyal fans that's a lot of money to claw back.

I'd say that's a reasonable suggestion on motive. Same goes for the other ambitious transfer moves that have all failed in previous windows - Assombalonga, Kipre, Dembele to name a few.

• Like 2

Every person involved in the paperwork should be sacked for being god damn incompetent, this is a fecking multi million pound organisation. This is peoples bread and butter, all clubs signing players on deadline day had the same paperwork to complete. Its an absolute disgrace!!!! 

The manager said we needed more players brought in to help the squad as they were out on their feet earlier in the window. We have ended up with less bodies, it's a disaster!

• Like 1

As the match was winding down Saturday (before the equalizer) I had this feeling of dread about deadline day.  I just knew having an unplanned match away on that day would balls something up.  Sure enough, Birmingham got the goal........& then Tuesday........sure enough.

Duff injured at the wrong time, then sold when he wanted to stay........3 years later we're close to CL again & Tugs gets hurt at the wrong time.  2 years after that the Walkers are too cheap to get Diarra when we're close, so half the club leaves that summer.  Fat Sam lines up Raúl & Guti with the help of Salgado but.........& then the ash cloud........& then, & then, & then........

It is always f*cking something. 

Sure enough.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

I still can't get over how a man who can't market his own club to his own son, and is obsessed with the benefits of a 5yo sales con (NFTs), is Head of Commercial.

And dared to tell us to our faces that there's nothing special about Blackburn Rovers.

Twat.

He's still at the club that Paul? 

I think there should be a mass exodious of people, head of commercial, marketing etc all need to go and bring in some young hungry go getters that get what it means 

A young hungry ceo would be the first on my list though.  I want them all gone 

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I've stated on a number of occasions that, IMO, our football club is severely under managed.  This latest shambolic escapade only serves to reinforce my view.

I think it's inconceivable Waggott and Pasha opted to be in Birmingham rather than 'on site', whereever that was, when big calls might have been needed to be made in the final hours of the window.

Is Sylvester to blame?  We can’t be sure.  I suspect someone will be made a scapegoat.

As for Broughton, I've not been impressed since he arrived.  He and his team have had months to plan for this window - result:

One loan signing - a winger when  the all football world knows we needed a central striker and a combative central midfielder

The dispatch of the abject Hirst who was our number one striking target throughout the summer!

The dispatch of Markanday to Aberdeen when the lad has shown in glimpses, when give  a chance, he might really have something to offer

In my opinion, an abysmal window.

I think Broughton as DOF should hang his head in shame and should be summarily dismissed.  IMO, he's spectacularly failed to deliver - that is the bottom line and there can be no excuses.

The whole management at Ewood from top to bottom, IMO, fails to deliver and should be swept away.

I Can't argue with any of that , well said Mercer.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

I hope that whoever wrote that isn’t in charge of the appeal!

it’s almost as bad as ‘the dog ate my homework’

They couldn't even commit to things "beyond our control..."

Had to instead go with a mealy-mouthed "..we believe to be outside of our control". 

Oldest trick in the book. You know you're on dodgy ground when you have to skirt round statements like that. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

If the playing staff have regressed this season why are we having a better season ?

In what respect are we having a better season? This is where we were this time last season:

image.png.efecdc817747aa39cd49602dbd3b953b.png

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Waggott has admitted on numerous occasions that he is judged on the balance sheet. That was obvious to begin with, but he's also confirmed it. So long as he can produce figures showing decreasing costs and increasing income he's happy as he can take that to India and keep the money men there satisfied. He then gets his huge salary for another year, and probably a nice bonus on top. Only a few more years until golden retirement.

Bringing in an O'Brien on full wages, or even a large percentage of what Forest pay him, would be like placing dynamite under his account ledgers. In one swoop costs would go through the roof. Even if say £15k per week for 4 months - that's £250,000. For a bloke who squeezes every penny he can from loyal fans that's a lot of money to claw back.

I'd say that's a reasonable suggestion on motive. Same goes for the other ambitious transfer moves that have all failed in previous windows - Assombalonga, Kipre, Dembele to name a few.

But why say you are bringing him in, in the first place then ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

As for Broughton, I've not been impressed since he arrived.  He and his team have had months to plan for this window - result:

One loan signing - a winger when  the all football world knows we needed a central striker and a combative central midfielder

The dispatch of the abject Hirst who was our number one striking target throughout the summer!

The dispatch of Markanday to Aberdeen when the lad has shown in glimpses, when give  a chance, he might really have something to offer

In my opinion, an abysmal window.

I think Broughton as DOF should hang his head in shame and should be summarily dismissed.  IMO, he's spectacularly failed to deliver - that is the bottom line and there can be no excuses.

The whole management at Ewood from top to bottom, IMO, fails to deliver and should be swept away.

Broughton said it would be a quiet window. 

Every club wants a combative centre mid and a striker. Can't just magic them up. We could still yet get a striker on loan. 

The signing of Sorba Thomas helps us play Gallagher or Diaz down the middle, effectively changing the striker situation, Tomasson historically likes to play 442 with wingers but he hasn't had this chance yet due, hence this fluid front 4 business.

Hirst was a flop but you never know with these things, remember BB before he became BBD?

I like Markanday on the ball but he needs to toughen up and learn how to defend if he is to play week in week out in the championship, getting him game time at Aberdeen is a good idea for me - get him ready for next season.

I think Broughton will just be as angry as we all are - and is probably now realising the mess he has got himself into, surrounded by Waggott and co. They are the real problem with the club. 

• Like 5

Whoever is responsible for this clanger should be sacked. It’s not acceptable and a complete lack of professionalism in what ultimately is one league behind ‘the best league in the world’. Don’t imagine this went down very well in India.

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

No wonder we are losing players for free.

The people at the club appear to be incompetent in the extreme.

Hope none are at the brewery right not, organising a party.

This is the equivilant of them turning up all suited and booted at Thwaites.....in the town centre, only to be told it's been knocked down they moved years ago !

It would be nobody's fault but Thwaites though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

We're lodging an appeal on the 7th Feb Any idea on what grounds? You'd think if it was a straight forward cock up we'd hold our hands up and walk away after we'd chanced it. 

It's purely to make out that they are doing something. They know that's the only reason they are doing it.

Big bad EFL wouldn't listen to reason.

• Backroom
Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

We are 6th compared with 8th last season and doing better in the cup competitions.

Right, so you're taking our current spot with 18 games to go and comparing it with where we finished last season. Very sensible.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Aside from the obvious anger about the two botched signings (the official announcement says the paperwork for the kid from Rochdale wasn't signed) just take a moment to look at the January window in its totality. One loan signing, that's it. This all singing, all dancing recruitment department led by Broughton really excelled here. What a complete waste of time and money. I wonder if Tomassons 'never waste a window' comment will be ringing in Broughtons ears. He reminds me of the title of an episode of The Sweeney from years ago. Just another villain in a cheap suit. I honestly believe that between several BRFCS members the club could be better administered and that includes Broughton and his army. It's time to exorcise Blackburn Rovers and rid us of these imposters and chancers.

It's actually one loan signing and two going out. We're now minus one!

• Like 1