BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

In fairness, the signing of Hyam and the new contracts for A.Wharton and Phillips have justified his first few months at the club.

But there's no getting from what's just happened under his watch.

The fact that the 3 things you have mentioned are seen as “achievements” says everything we need to hear!! 

He has given 2 academy lads contracts and signed a centre half that we desperately needed. This is the bare minimum expected in his role. We have come to expect mediocrity and accept it! 

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

There'll be plenty speculation on this but does make you wonder if GB etc have wanted this guy and set it all up whilst Waggot and the shadow man having really fancied the numbers on it.

I have an inkling Waggot was just putting space between himself and any responsibility.

GB will be the fall guy.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Any appeal will fail.

It's just window dressing to give the impression they tried.

And to kick the accountability can down the road.

A distraction.

Exactly what "new evidence" did they find an hour after the EFL gave their decision.

They would have presented our side in detail today and the decision was made that the transfer wasn't made.Its pointless 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I had a long post typed out in reply to this, but deleted it because it's not the time or place. In summary though, he's not a miracle worker, but he's done far more good than bad in his short time here in my opinion.

Hes failed badly on the most important aspect. Player recruitment.  Failure that could cost us millions. I know he's not solely responsible but he takes a portion of the blame

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Any appeal will fail.

It's just window dressing to give the impression they tried.

And to kick the accountability can down the road.

A distraction.

They’ve appealed just so swag can trot out his favourite phrase: “we’ve done all we can.”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There'll be plenty speculation on this but does make you wonder if GB etc have wanted this guy and set it all up whilst Waggot and the shadow man having not really fancied the numbers on it.

Bingo! Which makes Brierly just collateral damage to make the scenario plausible.

• Like 3

How different is this to the Brereton deal in terms of the contracts? Brereton was here on loan until January when we were obligated to buy him so technically he was still a Forest player for the first six months of his deal. In the January his permanent Rovers contract would have been signed but would the detail of that contract have been agreed in August and submitted to the EFL? I genuinely don't know but it feels like there are some parallels and if so there should have been the requisite experience to deal with it.

• Like 3

So the FA have turned down Rovers registration for the 2 players, I wonder if they would turn down the red devils and the other hot shots registering a £50,000,000 player, probably not with the backhanders they would recieve. Players don't want to play for clubs like Rovers because it's the state the games in, money counts not football. Let's give it our best shot with what we've got, and finish in the top 6.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I think It's time for another protest gav but how many have the balls for it unlike last time

I noticed recently that the powers that be at Everton were staying away due to potential threats from fans. It could have been propaganda from the owners, which we’ve been on the end of, or it could have been genuine. 

I could never see that ever happening here, that element doesn’t exist here these days and 99% of the time that’s a good thing. But right now, or back in 2011, I wish it did.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Number of people in the BBE that I know will be voicing their disapproval on Monday before and after the game.

i know it`s a long shot but would`nt it be great if there was a baying mob outside the jack walker stand with everyone refusing to enter the ground either that or do what charlton fans did,throw hundreds of inflatable pigs on the pitch,they had to hold up the match for 15 minutes,all this on sky tv,lets get our message across

not expecting this by any means,there might be a few malcontents in the blackburn end,the original protesters most likely have given up on rovers,who can blame them

9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Makes u wonder if we did have a striker in the building but that was effed up. Bad enough that there were 2 screw ups with O'brien and the Rochdale lad but can u imagine the fall out if it was 3 screw ups?

I have it on good record Nunez from Liverpool was agreed but we didn’t get signatures. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Hes failed badly on the most important aspect. Player recruitment.  Failure that could cost us millions. I know he's not solely responsible but he takes a portion of the blame

As I've said multiple times in this thread, I'm bitterly disappointed that we didn't bring in a CF as that puts the end to our Playoff hopes, but even from the deals we WERE aware of it's clear where we are in the hierarchy of football right now - Undav didn't fancy it (the deal was agreed), the French lad (Konte?) was agreed, but his club sold his teammate instead and cancelled the deal.

With our financial muscle and pulling power you're simply at the whims of others (thanks Venkys) - I knew we weren't signing a striker when the news broke about the French lad and he was clearly several rungs down the list of strikers on our shopping list.

I like the permanent signings of Hyam, Brittain and Szmodics - they all add something to the squad and were acquired for reasonable prices. The loans have been less impressive, but I get the feeling Mola and Hirst especially were chances of the arm on players that were once standouts in the U19s. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 2

Would have been a bit of a coup if they'd managed to pull the O'brien transfer off,and would have made it a successful transfer window.

The recruitment team did it's job, I'll bet there were a few looking on with envy. 

Real shame for it to fall down on technicalities, we probably won't get the chance again. 

Here's hoping the appeal is a success.