BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Broughton's words are meaningless.  That's all we ever get out of rovers...words.  never any action.  The fuck up is partly down to the board having no accountability.  There's no risk to their jobs so complacency steps in. If these higher ups were under real pressure they would make sure things were done right.  It's a jolly boys club 

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 6

45 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Again, he wasn't "jollying" it up. Everyone was where they should be in a normal football workplace environment doing their duties. There is no conspiracy with him being at the game.

Think you miss the point.

With potentially big calls to be made in the final hours of deadline day, the CEO should have been there were all the action was taking place whether that be at a hotel in Manchester, Ewood Park or Brockhall.

Same applies to Pasha.

Absolutely indefensible.

If they wanted a senior figure at Brum then Bob Coar could and should have stepped in.

• Like 6

After 12 years of this pathetic regime, I genuinely thought I'd be a bit numb to the disappointment now, but this has completely thrown me. When Mowbray was finally moved on and GB & JDT were brought in, it genuinely felt like we were turning a corner. They've said all the right things, signed reasonably well, tied down some players and got us into a good league position. I think people could fairly criticise the way we've played for most of this season and possibly question some of the other points, but on the whole things have looked promising, or at least more promising than they have done for a while.

For a second season running we've found ourselves unexpectedly challenging for the playoffs and in a strong position to add some quality in the January window. And yet again we've failed to do anything to strengthen our position. Even if this O'Brien deal had got over the line, it was clear and obvious we needed a striker, even without Hirst being sent back to Leicester. Pure incompetence shown by the club and it shows how much of a job GB has on his hands to get things right. Literally just watched the GB interview and still believe he's a big asset to the club. Really hoping he can get things right for the summer, as we'll have a lot of work to do when Brereton leaves on a free. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I'd hazard a guess he was put up in The Avenue, a solid 25 steps from the front door of the training ground.

Nope they were having a meal in Manchester until 9pm.  Ethan Brierly left Manchester at 8.30pm, the others a bit later..  doesn't leave much time to sort out.

Broughton Out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

With potentially big calls to be made in the final hours of deadline day, the CEO should have been there were all the action was taking place whether that be at a hotel in Manchester, Ewood Park or Brockhall.

Same applies to Pasha.

Absolutely indefensible.

If they wanted a senior figure at Brum then Bob Coar could and should have stepped in.

I simply disagree, we have people employed to do that side of things. Steve Waggott staring over me whilst I tried to run through my medical checklist would do the opposite of speed things along hahah

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

I'd hazard a guess he was put up in The Avenue, a solid 25 steps from the front door of the training ground.

I quote, word for word:

"Obviously Lewis had only just been told by Nottingham Forest, so I had to make sure he was OK, we'll make sure he'd had food, all of the stuff you needed to do to look after him, and then we left Manchester..."

They f*cked around in Manchester for too long, didn't they? 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

1) GB takes full and sole responsibility.

2) Brierley to be completed in the summer with an agreement in place with Rochdale

Well, total balls up. 

My view, at last we have someone front up to 1. take responsibility 2. show some accountability 3. APOLOGISE

That hasn't happened in 12 years. 

Couple of points:

1. JDT sounds furious. Timer on him being at Rovers now.

2. Thought the interviewer asked all the right questions - also not happened very often. Fair play

3. GB looks like a rabbit in the headlights. Not sure he will be here long.

Cannot sweep this under the carpet based on one interview. Action is needed and goodness knows what the consequence of this will be for the club. 

Finally, that can't have been easy for GB to do all the above. Doesn't excuse it or change it, but we are all human and unlike previous crap that has happened, this was naïve rather than corrupt (I hope). 

Edited by Trinidad Rover
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Again, he wasn't "jollying" it up. Everyone was where they should be in a normal football workplace environment doing their duties. There is no conspiracy with him being at the game.

The club were attempting to complete what could have potentially been a club record deal, the most senior executive at the club should be prioritising that over enjoying the corporate hospitality at St Andrews. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I simply disagree, we have people employed to do that side of things. Steve Waggott staring over me whilst I tried to run through my medical checklist would do the opposite of speed things along hahah

Sorry Joe, have been reading your messages.

A CEO in a normal organisation should be overseeing the biggest day in January.

It's the CEOs responsibility.

He should never ever be getting wined and dined by Brum hospitality on a match day on deadline and should have 100000% been at Brockhall

Edited by RoversClitheroe
Why's it hidden?
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

You seem incredibly defensive, Joe? 

I have an opinion. Don't attack me personally for sharing it. I am a person, not my job.

6 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

It was partly in jest - maybe I need to learn to use emojis!

I’ll watch the interview now and come back to you.

I’m enjoying the debate

Am I allowed to quote myself??

@JoeH - I’ve now watched the video - I think it’s a perfectly acceptable ‘holding position’ whilst they investigate  further - though I’m unsure how he says the buck stops with him before this investigation has been concluded.  

I certainly think it’s more information than we would have been given pre his appointment but I wish he had been able to talk about how good a signing O’Brien would have been  instead.

As always, it’s actions not words that are important - I think they need to investigate quickly, but thoroughly and of course inform the fans of the outcome of this is an open and honest manner.

• Like 1

Couple of thoughts on GB’s interview:

- He almost looked tearful. I’m pleased he’s fuming and upset about this. Likewise JDT.

- The Brierley one has actually worked out perfectly as he can continue getting minutes in men’s football for six more months.

- I hope this has opened GB’s eyes as to how every single aspect at the club needs overhauling. Seems he was reliant on some areas continuing as they were. He was very wrong.

- Whilst he is accepting responsibility, I hope the actual culprits (guessing Silvester) are getting a king sized rocket shoved up their arses.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I'm a Chief Executive, albeit of a smaller organisation than The Rovers. I delegate responsibility but I sure as hell don't abdicate it.

95% of the time I don't need to be hands on, but if there's anything particularly important (e.g. involving the regulator or a H & S matter) I will make a risk assessment and on that basis decide whether my presence is required. In this case I am pretty sure I would not have travelled to Birmingham in Waggott's position and I think it is a huge error of judgement on his part.

Entirely what I was thinking when I saw JoeH's post around it not being unusual for Waggot to be at Birmingham.

He may well attend games regularly, but there was zero common sense approach on Wednesday. What would have a bigger impact on our season as a whole? Him watching us make it through to the 5th round of the FA Cup, or ensuring a smooth ending to the transfer window with a potential game changing player walking through the door?

• Like 4

If the business isn't functioning correctly (and we can't pretend that it is) who's responsibility is that? It's certainly someone's at the top.

I do not think this is on Broughton at all but good to see him step up, communicate and clearly take all of the flak publicly for what is likely someone else's error.

Fair play to him. It's being owned as a major f*ck up by the club and will take some recovering internally, and with the fans.

I like Broughton... he's clearly an intelligent guy and the kind of person we must have around the place for the future. He's bound to have inherited some incompetent colleagues and change is needed.

JDT and Broughton coming in didn't quite feel like enough at the time and it has proved to be the case. The senior management team needs fixing, personnel (and processes) but Broughton seems to me like one of the best we've had in years.

We must get rid of the dinosaurs around him.

• Like 6

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Sorry Joe, have been reading your messages.

A CEO in a normal organisation should be overseeing the biggest day in January.

It's the CEOs responsibility.

He should never ever be getting wined and dined by Brum hospitality on a match day on deadline and should have 100000% been at Brockhall

Can't explain why this got hidden, as it wasn't at our end (we can always see which mod -or the member themselves- hides a post).

Yours simply said 'Hidden'.

Any suggestions @J*B @StubbsUK?

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

I have an opinion. Don't attack me personally for sharing it. I am a person, not my job.

Where did I attack you personally? You were 'attacking' Sparks with a slightly odd sarcastic response, and I merely asked why you were so defensive?

I also merely asked if you were involved in recruitment at Barrow? I only know you are at Barrow because you posted it on this forum. 

So, any answers? 

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Same applies to Pasha.

Absolutely indefensible.

Far be it from me to stick up for the corridors of no power down at Ewood, but....

Jack Walker, Bill Fox, Rob Coar and John Willaims didn't miss games to sign players or sell players, what a load of bunkum Mercer.

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

That is not the point.

A potential business transaction can be varied on a very regular basis right up until closure.  A deal is not done until it's over the line.  If I had a £1million for every business transaction I've been party to that has changed closed to completion then I would be an extremely wealthy man perhaps even able to buy Rovers myself!

• Like 2