BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/12/2022

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That was terrible performance as I seen in many years. No passion, desire, hunger, no tempo to our play, no movement, no intensity from anyone. 

I didn't understand the front 3 he picked and how he played them positional. He played Brittain and Hedges on the right sides until Britain had to come off. I was surprised he didn't changed formation during the first half and no subs even at half time. Surprised that Buckley didn't come on. 

The first 2 goals were criminal from us. Kaminski and Travis needs a bollock for their part in the second half. 

Travis need dropping and his performance was woeful as I seen from him. Should be dropped for the Norwich game as his performance isn't good enough. 

This performance was unacceptable and the players need a bollocking and telling that sort of performance is totally unacceptable for this club. 

I would be making 4 changes for the Norwich game. Buckley, Gallagher, Pickering, and Adam Wharton replacing Travis, Szmodics, Morton and Carter or Brittain (depending if Brittain is injured). I would play 4-2-3-1 formation. Been defensive solid and make sure we bring a clean sheet back home to Ewood Park 

Then 2 hours to get home after Buncer lane and Preston New road just to top off a bad day at the football. 

The Turkey sandwich and pig in blanket was the best part of the day

Not dropping Dacky? He’s not been in your starting line up all season and he’s past it / lost it / no legs remember.

On the warm weather training debate, we just got back from NZ today and my word I've never been so cold. It's been a heck of a contrast shifting from sun to snow/sleet. Makes me think that probably the cold is noticed more when you've had a very recent contrast. 

As for the game itself it's the batterings when we lose that worry me. Fine margins can swing either way but when you are battered each time you lose, that's a very challenging one to turn around. We are as a team a one trick pony, which is only going to get increasingly found out. I'm worried too how often we lose when we go behind. Haven't got the stats but general recollection tells me they are pretty appalling. This suggests we lack mental resiliance as well as anything remotely resembling plan B. 

A couple of other random thoughts:

Is Brittan.an injury prone player? He seems to be out a lot of is that just my random assumption. 

Secondly I think we have too many points already on the board combined with a very tight league meaning that we are safe regardless of JDTs aversion to alternative plans. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

On the warm weather training debate, we just got back from NZ today and my word I've never been so cold. It's been a heck of a contrast shifting from sun to snow/sleet. Makes me think that probably the cold is noticed more when you've had a very recent contrast. 

As for the game itself it's the batterings when we lose that worry me. Fine margins can swing either way but when you are battered each time you lose, that's a very challenging one to turn around. We are as a team a one trick pony, which is only going to get increasingly found out. I'm worried too how often we lose when we go behind. Haven't got the stats but general recollection tells me they are pretty appalling. This suggests we lack mental resiliance as well as anything remotely resembling plan B. 

A couple of other random thoughts:

Is Brittan.an injury prone player? He seems to be out a lot of is that just my random assumption. 

Secondly I think we have too many points already on the board combined with a very tight league meaning that we are safe regardless of JDTs aversion to alternative plans. 

Every league match we have gone behind we have lost. When Nobbers scored their opening goal today the conversation around where I sit was it was game over.

55 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Rewarding a shit performance at Burnley, sends wrong signals for me.

When you start rewarding abject failure don’t be surprised if you get more of the same. I’ve said this a thousand times in the last ten years - “ I can tolerate being out skilled but I will never tolerate for a minute being out enthused. “

• Like 2

Pathetic effort. Seems to me all the focus is on the sustainable part of the so called journey rather than the promotion part.

All the top clubs play it out from the back, so players who can be an effective part of that system will be the ones that attract buyers. Most of our current team can’t, which I think Thomasson is making a point of proving to his bosses.

I don’t think he likes our squad any more than we do. The players brought in weren’t missing pieces to compliment our existing lot, they were somewhat desperate, warm-bodied gap-fillers. I expect squad turnover in spades by next Sept.

So why does he not play a different system? Two reasons I think. 1) I have no idea what system will make players like Travis and Gallagher much better, and 2) there’s no point doing anything with Wharton, Buckley, Garrett etc if it’s going to just be long punts to the big fella.

Personally, I’d make the big calls this window: call time on Travis (maybe RB for a while since Brittain is always injured), send Morton back, trade Gallagher for really any striker, go with our future midfield of Wharton, Bucko and Garrett. Start giving Phillips more game time. I’d even sell Diaz if some idiot offers over £5m as he’ll be playing glued to the left touchline to not get injured. 

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Every league match we have gone behind we have lost. When Nobbers scored their opening goal today the conversation around where I sit was it was game over.

That is utterly appalling and simply shouldn't happen. Speaks volumes about the team and manager. 

• Like 4

Back to back hammerings to the dingles and preston is a shocking return. Mega unconvinced by JDT as I think or league position is false. We've been awful for large parts of the season. 

I don't think we will finish anywhere near the top 6 which is a shame as the league this year is as bad as I can remember. 

Hope I'm wrong  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Pathetic effort. Seems to me all the focus is on the sustainable part of the so called journey rather than the promotion part.

All the top clubs play it out from the back, so players who can be an effective part of that system will be the ones that attract buyers. Most of our current team can’t, which I think Thomasson is making a point of proving to his bosses.

I don’t think he likes our squad any more than we do. The players brought in weren’t missing pieces to compliment our existing lot, they were somewhat desperate, warm-bodied gap-fillers. I expect squad turnover in spades by next Sept.

So why does he not play a different system? Two reasons I think. 1) I have no idea what system will make players like Travis and Gallagher much better, and 2) there’s no point doing anything with Wharton, Buckley, Garrett etc if it’s going to just be long punts to the big fella.

Personally, I’d make the big calls this window: call time on Travis (maybe RB for a while since Brittain is always injured), send Morton back, trade Gallagher for really any striker, go with our future midfield of Wharton, Bucko and Garrett. Start giving Phillips more game time. I’d even sell Diaz if some idiot offers over £5m as he’ll be playing glued to the left touchline to not get injured. 

The good teams play it out from the back, as they have players to do that. I could paint my bedroom walls, but would not try to emulate Rembrandt. 

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

The good teams play it out from the back, as they have players to do that. I could paint my bedroom walls, but would not try to emulate Rembrandt. 

What would you do if your goal was to sell some paintings? Like I said, they are obsessed with the notion of how to sell players for lots of money, not how to try and get promotion. 

2 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

What would you do if your goal was to sell some paintings? Like I said, they are obsessed with the notion of how to sell players for lots of money, not how to try and get promotion. 

Given the extra revenue from being in the Premier League - around at least £150m- why would they think like that ?

5 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I don't think that any of Tomassons starting team could be sold for decent money because they simply aren't good enough John. The talented youngsters are the ones who will hopefully command big fees but Tomasson isn't really giving any of them a chance. I honestly don't understand the psyche of Tomasson in any respect of team selection and tactics or indeed the end goal of what he wants to achieve.

9 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I would accept that I was nothing like the real deal and go back to art school for some more training. 

5 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

A play off position less than 6 months in to his contract and you want him out ? Who on earth would want to come to a club that treated its manager like that ?

Did i miss your thoughts on todays game? Can you direct me to the post if i've missed it

25 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

No one is saying play long punts to the big fella FFS. Simply when your under pressure don’t insist on passing your way out. And Kaminsky stop quickly releasing the ball to players stood practically on your own box. It’s basics. I don’t see any reason whatsoever why we are still doing it. 

Additionally, It’s also noticeable our goal today came from an actual cross that Brereton got on the end of. Our solitary shot at Burnley came from a long ball where we picked up the pieces. It’s a myth that unless you have a big target man you have to play tippy tippy shite.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

A play off position less than 6 months in to his contract and you want him out ? Who on earth would want to come to a club that treated its manager like that ?

How the hell do Watford keep getting managers then?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1