BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (a) - 14/1/23 k/o 12:30pm

Just now, SuperBrfc said:

There'll be no accountability, Jim. That prick Broughton thinks this is normal for a young side and that we shouldn't panic. This is repeated by the manager. JDT is under no pressure as the tossers at the top have no idea. A sorry, pathetic situation, where we are stuck once again with dollopers.

Yes, and fck off, Egg-head too!

• Like 2

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

No words can capture how pathetic this all is. 

A shit squad, and believe me this squad is shit. Gallagher vale morton pickering all leagur 1 at best. 

An inept manager with no plan a and no ability to get the players going.

Waggott and Venkys .....

All together a complete storm of shit

And seemingly the pies aren't much good either.

Closer for me to get to Rotherham than Ewood these days, bloody glad I couldn't make it!

That has to rank as one of the worst defeats, given the circumstances, in recent years and that is saying something.

Nothing improves until the owners piss off.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

That second half proves JDT’s out of his depth and doesn’t have a clue. 

He’s got to go. 

one defeat it back to this talk of sacking the head coach. Its really has stop from fans who over reacting every time to losing a game of football. Look at the league position and we are well above anyone expectations from the start of the season including even mine I am very positive person but I didn't expect by 3rd this season. 

anyway guys, enjoy the rest of the day and I giving this place a wide berth for the rest of the day

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Totally unacceptable performance. Gilt-edge opportunities first half should’ve had Rotherham at least two down, even with the sliced effort from their right winger.

They’ve essentially scored three wonder goals as a normally abject side. They’ve had three games’ luck in one. We’ve missed three near-enough nailed-on goals. Those are fine margins for execution and if each go the other way, we’re 3-0 up at half time and coasting.

The concerning bits here: Gallagher was a shambles, looked like he was coming back from a long lay-off. Hedges looks to have slipped back a gear after a promising start to the season. Morton is guaranteed a game when he makes too many small errors that cost us and he can’t seem to be dislodged. Needs time out and to earn his spot back. Buckley and Travis have been dropped for the same. Slight concern with JRC, as he’s had a poor game. Don’t want him slipping back.

JDT at least responded to going 2 down, but it’s concerning that he and his tactical genius Remy aren’t able to look at opponents and see the opportunities. Markanday has caused all sorts of problems, how can they not see players that provide more within their own squad?

We should all be livid with this (4-0 now) but I’m not shouting for change at the top just yet.

Spot on - a game where you hold your hands up and say they don't score any of the first three goals again all season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think he's realistic in terms of the money we have. A 20 goal a season #9 and this game (along with the Boro game) is put to bed at half time. 

The other 2 are up for debate, but we simply don't score enough goals. We created 4 golden opportunities today - I don't think they created 1, yet it's 4-0. 

Regardless of what we do and don't have I still think he has got to do better. The definition of insanity and all that. It's like yeah we will try play this way and if it works it works and it it doesn't it doesn't...no thought to the opposition, conditions, form, opposition manager, atmosphere. It's baffling.

• Like 2

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

he still does`nt understand english football outside the premier league,nobody gives you anything in the lower leagues,half the table is fighting against relegation and the other half for the play offs,you have to earn the right to play,unless you spen 50 million quid you are not going to walk over anyone

The embarrassing football is down to Broughton. If you listen to the podcast, he listened to the owners (mistake number one), and by trying to implement what they want to see, appointed Tomasson, who has clearly bought into it all. It's a load of bollocks. Unless you can buy Premier League quality players, like Burnley can, there is zero point in trying to emulate Liverpool or whatever.

What you're seeing is Venky-ball. A piss-poor aim at a style that nobody here can do. It's their football.

First half I was okay with, thought we played reasonable and looked dangerous, although we couldnt finish. Rotherham scored a good goal.

Second half was totally unacceptable as we couldn't create anything at all, and our defending totally fell apart. There was no focal point to our attack.

Weve got small wide forwards coming out of our ears. We need something different to change our approach. One quality central striker will transform the team.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Totally unacceptable performance. Gilt-edge opportunities first half should’ve had Rotherham at least two down, even with the sliced effort from their right winger.

They’ve essentially scored three wonder goals as a normally abject side. They’ve had three games’ luck in one. We’ve missed three near-enough nailed-on goals. Those are fine margins for execution and if each go the other way, we’re 3-0 up at half time and coasting.

The concerning bits here: Gallagher was a shambles, looked like he was coming back from a long lay-off. Hedges looks to have slipped back a gear after a promising start to the season. Morton is guaranteed a game when he makes too many small errors that cost us and he can’t seem to be dislodged. Needs time out and to earn his spot back. Buckley and Travis have been dropped for the same. Slight concern with JRC, as he’s had a poor game. Don’t want him slipping back.

JDT at least responded to going 2 down, but it’s concerning that he and his tactical genius Remy aren’t able to look at opponents and see the opportunities. Markanday has caused all sorts of problems, how can they not see players that provide more within their own squad?

We should all be livid with this (4-0 now) but I’m not shouting for change at the top just yet.

Good post

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

one defeat it back to this talk of sacking the head coach. Its really has stop from fans who over reacting every time to losing a game of football. Look at the league position and we are well above anyone expectations from the start of the season including even mine I am very positive person but I didn't expect by 3rd this season. 

Oh ffs. League position league position.  We won't be third after today 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Pathetic performance. Jdt has lost the plot and I and I'm strongly suspecting that he's lost a large portion of the dressing room in recent months (if he ever really had that) 

Such a shame. 

I'm happy for most of the dressing room to leave if someone else picks up their wages.

Well that was awful

everytime I see we are playing Rotherham away it’s the same feeling I get when we are at Wigan. Turning into another bogey team.

the negatives were there for all to see. Only plus is Markanday has shown he is worth more game time than he is getting.

Really annoyed with that performance so I’m going to stew for a day before I post again 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

First half I was okay with, thought we played reasonable and looked dangerous, although we couldnt finish. Rotherham scored a good goal.

Second half was totally unacceptable as we couldn't create anything at all, and our defending totally fell apart. There was no focal point to our attack.

Weve got small wide forwards coming out of our ears. We need something different to change our approach. One quality central striker will transform the team.

It really won’t. We’ve just lost 4-0 to Rotherham!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

one defeat it back to this talk of sacking the head coach.

Getting hammered against a team expecting to be in League One next season. I thought we were good for a goal in the first half. Beyond that, we just gave up. People say it's the players, but when it's widespread throughout the squad, it has to be the manager.

He talks about passion and intensity. Have we seen any of that at any point in the last six months?

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

And yet we played until 2-0:down and game over without any of them on the pitch.

We would scored in that first half with Brereton on the pitch and that would have been a different game. As people have said, we will be screwed without him atm.

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

Feels akin to the 1-7 to Fulham last season.

We've become a mid-table second tier club without the benefit of real leadership or pride.

Other than Venkys Out I have no idea what to say.

Let's hope this is JDT's 'Fulham' moment. It should have been the PNE game to be fair because he can't afford any more capitulations like this. 

• Like 3