BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 21/1/23

8 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Wtf does Buckley even do? Hes absolute horse manure.  Never seen a more overhyped player 

The silence on here regarding him is deafening. He is horrendous. Happy to have been a pioneer on here in pointing it out even if I got alot of shit for it. A shame really but he isn't the answer and it's detrimental to the team to persist with him. Two new midfielders required. End of.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Another inept performance 

I thought we were good - created the best two chances of the game again and rarely looked threatened. Another howler from Kaminski is worrying though.

Awful refereeing handed them dominance for the final 20 minutes, but they couldn't turn it into anything.

As booth said, we didn't miss Vale when he went off - imagine if we brought in a #9 worth his salt this week...

• Like 3

The Project achieves a draw - a noteworthy event this season. 

I also note that Joe Rothwell, a former member of the previous failed Project, started for fourth division Bournemouth today

We're nowhere near good enough to sustain a playoff challenge. The team desperately needs some better players

• Like 5

Another borefest, two really poor teams in a poor league serving up an hour and a half I won't get back.

Aside from Tomasson and @chaddyrovers surely nobody rates Vale? He is absolute rubbish.

Buckley isn't a deep central midfielder either, he is a liability.

We don't attack like we ever work on it in training and our set pieces are terrible.

A decent first draw of the season, all things considered.

Thought it was set in stone for us when both centre-backs got yellow cards in the first-half. No room for risks, and although Wharton got away with one or two, Ayala couldn't get away with that one.

No worries. Up to 4th, saw a good resilience about us, and we'll hopefully have a few new faces in the building for the next league game at home against the Pie Eaters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's simply not good enough. There's a player in there somewhere, but his effort is atrocious.

I hope he's loaned out / sold this window. 

We're a team with plenty of poor players, a few good supporting players but not enough star players.

Signing a CM and a number 9  is crucial. Preferably two of each.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

The silence on here regarding him is deafening. He is horrendous. Happy to have been a pioneer on here in pointing it out even if I got alot of shit for it. A shame really but he isn't the answer and it's detrimental to the team to persist with him. Two new midfielders required. End of.

CM is clearly the area most needed for improvement. We have lots of bodies in Travis, Garrett, Buckley, Morton, Wharton but they’re just that…bodies. Teams walk through the middle of us. 
Doesn’t sound like there’s any interest in strengthening there in Jan though, so we should get used to 20 more games of Morton + whoever is drawn out the hat 

• Like 1

Thought we were very lucky to get a draw really. Very tight offside call.

In generally worried about just how toothless we are. ... If we had a really effective central striker I think a lot else in the side would improve as a side result. But teams can just sit deep and we play in front of them.

Need to do everything we can to find one, if not two, good strikers who worry a packed defence.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Another pathetic rovers performance to add to a plethora of pathetic rovers performances...we managed a draw though, yay I guess ..project continues ..

I really wish people would give over with this anger at the word 'project' because they were taken for a ride on Mowbray's 'journey'.

JDT was left with a shambles of a squad. Broughton was left with a shambles of a backroom team. At least we have a plan now - if it doesn't come to fruition then you can all pound your chests and tell us all that you told us so... but in the meantime please give these two new members of staff a bit of time to actually change anything.

We don't have the financial clout to buy our way out of the league and I'd rather not loan in 6 PL players every year and just tread water. We're in the Playoff places somehow - enjoy it (although it won't last if we don't bring in a striker in the next 10 days). 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Another borefest, two really poor teams in a poor league serving up an hour and a half I won't get back.

Aside from Tomasson and @chaddyrovers surely nobody rates Vale? He is absolute rubbish.

Buckley isn't a deep central midfielder either, he is a liability.

We don't attack like we ever work on it in training and our set pieces are terrible.

Tomasson rates Vale?

Gallagher or Vale, which would you use?

There are only wrong answers to that question.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, superniko said:

CM is clearly the area most needed for improvement. We have lots of bodies in Travis, Garrett, Buckley, Morton, Wharton but they’re just that…bodies. Teams walk through the middle of us. 
Doesn’t sound like there’s any interest in strengthening there in Jan though, so we should get used to 20 more games of Morton + whoever is drawn out the hat 

This hurts my soul.

5 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Needs a run of games for mine. Again I think there's a very good player in there, but you're not going to get the best out of him if you keep dropping him out of the side (or the ref drops him out of the side for serious foul play 🙄) - he's genuinely no worse than Morton. 

• Like 1