BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 18/2/23

14 minutes ago, superniko said:

Almost being the key word.

Broughton and co. watch this team every week and came out of January without a CM or a ST. 
Just not good enough. 

More an observation that when the opportunity presented itself to sign an identified improvement in an apparent weak area, the opportunity was attempted. You’re right that it wasn’t good enough not to land him, though.

43 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Please name a team of worse rovers strikers in venkys era. In fact I would go as far to say he's the WORST number 9 we've ever had. It's a disgrace he has that shirt

Being forthright and indulging in hyperbole doesn’t make your opinion more valid. 

Marcus Antonsson

Leon Best

Nuno Gomes

Joe Nuttall

Daniel Butterworth

David Goodwillie

George Hirst

Edinho Junior

Jordan Slew

DJ Campbell

Anthony Stokes

There’s 11 ⬆️ it wasn’t difficult, and in fact  of them has only recently left. Gallagher isn’t a great player but he’s a decent championship striker. The problem is he’s not suitable for a side aiming to be in the top 6. That’s not his fault and it doesn’t make him the “WORST” striker we’ve ever had. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, The Hypnotic said:

Being forthright and indulging in hyperbole doesn’t make your opinion more valid. 

Marcus Antonsson

Leon Best

Nuno Gomes

Joe Nuttall

Daniel Butterworth

David Goodwillie

George Hirst

Edinho Junior

Jordan Slew

DJ Campbell

Anthony Stokes

There’s 11 ⬆️ it wasn’t difficult, and in fact  of them has only recently left. Gallagher isn’t a great player but he’s a decent championship striker. The problem is he’s not suitable for a side aiming to be in the top 6. That’s not his fault and it doesn’t make him the “WORST” striker we’ve ever had. 

He's a complete passenger today.

• Like 1

Marcus Antonsson

Leon Best

Nuno Gomes

Joe Nuttall

Daniel Butterworth

David Goodwillie

George Hirst

Edinho Junior

Jordan Slew

DJ Campbell

Anthony Stokes

Nino Gomes was ten times the striker Gallagher is but I take your point and agree. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

Marcus Antonsson

Leon Best

Nuno Gomes

Joe Nuttall

Daniel Butterworth

David Goodwillie

George Hirst

Edinho Junior

Jordan Slew

DJ Campbell

Anthony Stokes

Some of them hardly played.  Please do better

16 minutes ago, moerpho said:

So I´ve decided to only post when I have something positive to say about our beloved(?) club as the negative side is well covered. Might be my posts will be coming rather seldom but then again…

Good things from first half: Dolan has been good today. Needs to link up play more with Brereton and lie to Gallagher and Travis sending them the other way. And the stream from Rovers TV has been ok to good today. So there´s that! COYB!

&, there’s still time for Gally brace! 😃

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

How much did the others cost? We paid £5m for Gallagher 

£5m

One of the most overpriced strikers we've ever had is a fair debate for him to be entered into. You've still got your Kevin Davies, Ashley Wards, Nathan Blakes and Ciccio Grabbis to compete with though, but they had to play at Premiership level so the comparison wouldn't be quite fair.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

Gallagher isn’t a great player but he’s a decent championship striker.

Really, based on what?

He doesn't have a single redeeming quality in my eyes. To say he's decent at this level is probably as much of an exaggeration as saying he's the worst player ever to play for the Club.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

6 crosses in a row and the closest we get to getting on the end of it is Gally diving at the far post. My god we’re not set up to finish crosses. 

It’s a complete waste of time bringing in Giles and Thomas to Rovers because as you point out, we have no bugger to get on the end of anything. It’s been that way since Graham left.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

Just now, yankfan said:

6 crosses in a row and the closest we get to getting on the end of it is Gally diving at the far post. My god we’re not set up to finish crosses. 

We had the ball around their box, firing crosses in - yet still only 2-3 in the box..the rest camped outside it.  Just don't get it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Precisely why it was fairly pointless signing Thomas without signing a striker.

• Like 2

So now the goalposts have shifted again?How many games are we talking then? Is a season enough? Actually scrap that, not worth engaging with this nonsense 😆 

Comparing forwards that have been given a fair opportunity.  Nuno gomes for example was at the club 2 minutes. He was vastly superior.  Gallagher has never done anything worthy of being a Rovers forward