BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 28/02/23 (FA Cup 5th Round)

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Different completion of course.

But the reasons John Williams never took up the 7/8k seats at Celtic all those years back. He didn’t get much wrong during his time here, but taking the smaller allocation was a mistake, thousands missed out that night.

You can imagine the look on his face when they had to open up the Blackburn End concourse to accommodate the thousands that turned up for a ticket that morning…

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Yeah I'd go with that

Brittain, Buckley and Thomas out. 

Pickering, Morton and Hedges in. 

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis Morton 

Hedges Szmodics Dolan

Gallagher 

• Like 1

It's one of those weird mentality things - we'll sell a good amount (seen 2,500 banded about, one journalist/JDT says 3,000), but if it was initially sold as a 5,000 allocation, it seems to weirdly get people excited about a huge away end and ticket sales seem to follow. I can fully understand why the club didn't snap up the full whack at once, mind, but I do reckon announcing a bigger allocation initially would have got more on the bandwagon. 

Either way, looking forward to a great night. Hoping we give a good account of ourselves - as other posters have mentioned, resting players for Forest didn't do us much good in the league, so hopefully any changes aren't too wholesale. 

6 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

It's one of those weird mentality things - we'll sell a good amount (seen 2,500 banded about, one journalist/JDT says 3,000), but if it was initially sold as a 5,000 allocation, it seems to weirdly get people excited about a huge away end and ticket sales seem to follow. I can fully understand why the club didn't snap up the full whack at once, mind, but I do reckon announcing a bigger allocation initially would have got more on the bandwagon. 

Either way, looking forward to a great night. Hoping we give a good account of ourselves - as other posters have mentioned, resting players for Forest didn't do us much good in the league, so hopefully any changes aren't too wholesale. 

It will be a huge away following who deserve to see a strong Rovers starting lineup.

There are 3 full days before the next game, plenty of time for any injury free professional footballer to get sufficient R&R.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It will be a huge away following who deserve to see a strong Rovers starting lineup.

There are 3 full days before the next game, plenty of time for any injury free professional footballer to get sufficient R&R.

I'll never forget that 5th Rnd League Cup surrender under king rat away at Cardiff, where he dropped Robinson, Roberts, Yakubu and Rochina and played the likes of Goodwillie and Blackman (Who)........

The Telegraph headlines "All out to to win the cup" after the surrender "League comes first" 😤

I'm still angry now.......

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I wasn't contradicting what you said, I was just replying to the the other chap about the initial allocation. We might well have sold 2600, I have no idea. 

I know mate. It was early and I quoted the wrong post. 😴😴😴

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gav said:

I'll never forget that 5th Rnd League Cup surrender under king rat away at Cardiff, where he dropped Robinson, Roberts, Yakubu and Rochina and played the likes of Goodwillie and Blackman (Who)........

The Telegraph headlines "All out to to win the cup" after the surrender "League comes first" 😤

We can tell, @Gav!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

The word he used was forfeit. I contacted the EFL and Rovers after his outrageous and insulting comment but just got fobbed off. We had a lot of support in Cardiff that night too and I was furious with him (not for the first time I might add).

• Like 3

For anyone not aware the game has to be finished tonight with extra time and penalties if required. We also have VAR for the first time (I can't remember any other time) so don't celebrate too wildly if we score just in case 😂😂

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

For anyone not aware the game has to be finished tonight with extra time and penalties if required. We also have VAR for the first time (I can't remember any other time) so don't celebrate too wildly if we score just in case 😂😂

Thanks for that, @arbitro , I hope those arrangements are in place only because of the strangeness of this season.

I may be an old fogey, but I'd hate the major Cup competition to be devalued by the abolition of replays from the 5th Round onwards.

The League cup debacle in Cardiff cost me about £250 in tickets, petrol money, food etc. I might as well have burnt that money - it was a total waste. Even with the weakened team, it was clear the Rovers players couldn't be bothered - and that came from the manager. I was angry but disappointed most of all for 3 youngsters with me who were let down by the club.

Tomasson isn't a useless creep like Kean but the same thing must not happen at Leicester and Rovers field a weakened side that surrenders tamely. We've a big following going down there and they deserve to be treated with respect. 

• Like 1

Not sure comparing the Cardiff debacle to now is entirely justified in calls for the strongest team there's a massive gulf in difference and priorities to the present day.

As far as i'm concerned in this era you know and expect multiple changes and different level of priorities for these games before you purchase a ticket or make plans to go. So it's just part and parcel of a cup game in this era and you roll with the punches or don't bother.

Main thing is whatever side is put out it has a good go.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The League cup debacle in Cardiff cost me about £250 in tickets, petrol money, food etc. I might as well have burnt that money - it was a total waste. Even with the weakened team, it was clear the Rovers players couldn't be bothered - and that came from the manager. I was angry but disappointed most of all for 3 youngsters with me who were let down by the club.

Tomasson isn't a useless creep like Kean but the same thing must not happen at Leicester and Rovers field  a weakened side that surrenders tamely. We've a big following going down there and they deserve to be treated with respect

I think the League Cup game at West Ham proved that JDT is a very different manager/head coach from that Scottish time-server, @jim mk2 .

Cardiff was a disgrace, and summed up that whole period.

Millwall was the big gut punch for me under Bowyer. We'd beaten Arsenal at the Emirates and then took Millwall to a home replay to finally get to play at the 'new Wembley' in the semi-final. What a chance and we performed so poorly. To add to the woes we would have drawn Wigan in the semi who went on to win it!

Incidentally, we played Leicester that same year, in the league, and a certain Harry Kane was on the scoresheet for them. Mind you we had a defender called Karim Rekik playing who I genuinely have no recollection of at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav said:

A dreadful time in all our lives.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, superniko said:

Millwall was the big gut punch for me under Bowyer. We'd beaten Arsenal at the Emirates and then took Millwall to a home replay to finally get to play at the 'new Wembley' in the semi-final. What a chance and we performed so poorly. To add to the woes we would have drawn Wigan in the semi who went on to win it!

Incidentally, we played Leicester that same year, in the league, and a certain Harry Kane was on the scoresheet for them. Mind you we had a defender called Karim Rekik playing who I genuinely have no recollection of at all.

Wasn't that under Appleton ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, superniko said:

That was Appleton, not Bowyer. We made Danny Shittu look like a worldbeater that night.

• Like 2