BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (h) - 4/3/23

Just now, Gav said:

Dirty bastard, right in front of the linesman and ref.

E60BA393-7B88-4D49-A67A-82F1E884D87A.png

Not even a booking! Ridiculous decision that. Thought it was bad as soon as I saw it, turned round to watch the replay on the telly at the back of the Riverside and it’s an obvious straight red. They really lost their cool as the game went on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He hasn't actually changed the style of play at all, but I'm too tired to have that discussion today. 

I beg to differ. A few months ago we were  obsessed by pointless possession almost exclusively around the back 4 with suicidal passing to boot. We still have that in our locker to be fair but recently we’ve still been passing but happy to go more direct and most critically passing forward. Off the ball there was zero pressure on the opposition players recently you might say there’s something resembling pressing high that he eluded to when he took over. Also we were very ponderous and slow off the ball and on it and recently we’ve been noticeably quicker and sharper. 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

For me, Sheffield United ARE the dirtiest team in this league bar none. I agree 2 should have been sent off today(and at least one in the home tie with Spurs which I watched on t.v.).

I think our young lads play with no fear which is really exciting to watch(a bit like Fergusons Class of 92). You probably wouldnt  get these explosive counter-attacks with experienced old stalwarts clogging the side up ;it would be just too slow.

Thought Dolan, Travis & Carter were all sensational today. Quality fitness levels.

A big shout out to the coaches at the Academy. They are clearly doing something right!

Says a lot about a team when their managers needs to stand in the stands for 3 games. 

• Like 2

Cracking game. Thanks lads, really enjoyable.

It’s the simple things:

·       Dolan’s simple pass for the goal. He has learnt to get his head up, think. You have to know when to go and when to keep it simple. Good coaching?

·       Travis back to his rollicking best after a rest. But he too is thinking of little forward passes as well as the crunch stuff. Good coaching?

·       Sorba getting good crosses in –not rocket science. Can’t remember many under the gurning one’s regime. Good coaching? I think it was his pull back from the by line that led to Dolan hitting the bar?

·       Several goal kicks just went long. Good move when you are a goal up, and perhaps need to conserve energy after a hard cup game. Good coaching?

·       And on a similar note, a general switch to a mixed game –that is, some nice, neat short stuff but also some early balls into the channels as well. Sam may not be a worldbeater in terms of finishing but he offered something we needed today up top as a contrast. Defensive headers too from corners

And that 20 minute spell in the second half when the players and fans were absolutely rocking with the Blades on the ropes. Such a shame that great shot from Sammie hit the woodwork. The players looked as though they were enjoying it.

A determination not to concede. It was always going to be long balls/crosses into the box from them for the last 15. Thought we might tire but they kept going and no doubt in my mind we would have conceded late on previously. No doubt there were several head in hands moments and nails bitten but just a cracking win. Hyam was excellent here.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

I beg to differ. A few months ago we were  obsessed by pointless possession almost exclusively around the back 4 with suicidal passing to boot. We still have that in our locker to be fair but recently we’ve still been passing but happy to go more direct and most critically passing forward. Off the ball there was zero pressure on the opposition players recently you might say there’s something resembling pressing high that he eluded to when he took over. Also we were very ponderous and slow off the ball and on it and recently we’ve been noticeably quicker and sharper. 

Would evolved be a ‘better’ word than changed?

Just now, wilsdenrover said:

Would evolved be a ‘better’ word than changed?

I tend to agree that the players have finally adapted to what's wanted, rather than it's changed. Earlier in the season we weren't helped by the likes of Travis and Buckley looking clueless. Sorba has helped a lot with playing a more direct game too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, booth said:

I tend to agree that the players have finally adapted to what's wanted, rather than it's changed. Earlier in the season we weren't helped by the likes of Travis and Buckley looking clueless. Sorba has helped a lot with playing a more direct game too.

Maybe also Pears and Dolan fit the system better than Kaminski and Brereton?

• Like 1

Just back home in Yaarkshite and absolutely thrilled to have witnessed that fantastic performance today. 

i take back everything I have said about JDT not being the right manager for Rovers after some of our poorer performances. The guy obviously knows a lot more about building a successful football team than we realise. 

it’s very hard to single out any player today as they all contributed to a hard fought win but we seem a lot stronger with JRC, Carter, Pears, Dolan and Thomas playing on a regular basis. Long may it continue. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

His range of accurate crossing is giving us more options. 

It's the fact that he's quick, strong and direct that makes the difference. He had the legs on their LWB today and he won things in the air against him too. Both he and Dolan line up wide to really stretch the field. 

I like Hedges, but he's not running any FB in this league.

• Like 2