BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich (h) - Good Friday - 7/4/23, 3pm k/o

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

The players are bottlers. They’ll get absolutely tonked by Burnley. Season is over, develop the young talent for next season. I’ve no need to see anymore from players we don’t own (Morton, Thomas) or players we won’t have next season (Ayala, Dack, Brereton) or players we desperately need rid of (Gallagher). 

They have no bottle and yet are top class bottlers.

Football is a funny old game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

The players are bottlers. They’ll get absolutely tonked by Burnley. Season is over, develop the young talent for next season. I’ve no need to see anymore from players we don’t own (Morton, Thomas) or players we won’t have next season (Ayala, Dack, Brereton) or players we desperately need rid of (Gallagher). 

Nothing will ever change whilst we are still glibly talking about "projects" or "journeys" that may or may not come to fruition many years down the line.

We need a mentality that results and performances are required NOW and if we don't see them it simply isn't acceptable.

Players and management team alike. I'm not holding JDT solely responsible as imo he inherited a right load of shite and problems off Mowbray but it's not Mowbray's fault for example that we haven't signed another striker since he left

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes,been like that for along time and not worth a shirt, or a shit now I think of it.

We were better without him for a period of time. I'd take him off and replace him with Dolan but there are worse players on the pitch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Think this is it for us. Awful result at home against a team directly below us. At the very least this was a must not lose. Failing to secure O'Brien and a striker was a killer blow, as most of us predicted it would be. 

Yep. Second season on the trot that the death knell has been rung in January. It’s unforgivable.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, miqaayil said:

In all honesty ....how does gally get into the team ?

do we have orders to remain a champ team ?

By default. The only other recognized striker at the club is JDT…come to think of it, can we sub him on for Gally? 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Pathetic today, absolutely spineless. Can’t believe how little character we show or how little commitment we show in 50/50s. Any loose ball is Norwich’s. Commitment and effort are the bare minimum, but we don’t do that. There’s no spine in any of them. Gallagher going half assed into a 50/50 with their keeper sums him up. Get rid immediately, no excuse for not going in full blooded. I can forgive a lack of ability, but never a lack of effort.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yet again:

No heart when it matters

No bottle when it matters

No clue what to do when falling behind

It's harsh. Our squad is so weak. We have no alternatives up front. JRC almost loaned out in Jan. 

Poor performance yes but we don't have the depth we require at this standard 

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nothing will ever change whilst we are still glibly talking about "projects" or "journeys" that may or may not come to fruition many years down the line.

We need a mentality that results and performances are required NOW and if we don't see them it simply isn't acceptable.

Players and management team alike. I'm not holding JDT solely responsible as imo he inherited a right load of shite and problems off Mowbray but it's not Mowbray's fault for example that we haven't signed another striker since he left

I won't name names but there's a widely respected player of the eighties who said to me, and this is at least six years ago now, but probably more "the first thing that venkys will get right is putting the club up for sale".

He's absolutely been proven right to my mind. It's just perpetual torment being owned by these pricks. Why they don't turn it in I have no idea. And to think there's people out there willing to forgive them. Staggering

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

By default. The only other recognized striker at the club is JDT…come to think of it, can we sub him on for Gally? 

Yes please. Can we make this happen? Joking aside. How can JDTs coaching not run off on Gally ?