BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• 2 weeks later...

Out for last few games of the season apparently. Good job Adam Wharton is back on the scene and twice the player. If we play 3 in the middle wonder who the 3rd would be? Possibly Garrett, ot bring Brittain in at RB and move JRC into middle. I'd go with JRC option if we're playing 3 midfielders on Tuesday. 

• Like 2

Hope he gets well soon….

I’m seeing loads of people saying they’d take him back on loan next season? Am I missing something? Fair enough he’s played ok the last few games & I defiantly think a midfield 3 suits him more, but come on!! If we want to move out of this league we have to do better than Morton. We need some strength and power in there. He’s, unfortunately not got that & costs us too many times this season…no thank you.

• Like 8

I wouldn't take him back next season but Morton is nowhere near as bad as some like to make out. Will he make it at Liverpool? Absolutely not. Will he have a decent Championship and above career? I think so.

Hope he recovers quickly but this is a great chance to see where our midfield, particularly Wharton stands for playing week in week out next season.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Hope he gets well soon….

I’m seeing loads of people saying they’d take him back on loan next season? Am I missing something? Fair enough he’s played ok the last few games & I defiantly think a midfield 3 suits him more, but come on!! If we want to move out of this league we have to do better than Morton. We need some strength and power in there. He’s, unfortunately not got that & costs us too many times this season…no thank you.

I don't think he's been that bad but he has deffo had some shockers.

100% agree that we need way better if we have any aspirations of getting out of the league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueBro said:

Out for last few games of the season apparently. Good job Adam Wharton is back on the scene and twice the player. If we play 3 in the middle wonder who the 3rd would be? Possibly Garrett, ot bring Brittain in at RB and move JRC into middle. I'd go with JRC option if we're playing 3 midfielders on Tuesday. 

He's not a CM. We shouldn't be moving anyone into CM that hasn't ever played in that position, it's asking for trouble.

Shame for him he's done ok since he got dropped from being a regular starter.

I don't get the clamour to take him back but as usual there's a lot of virtue signalling going on our fanbase just loves to bicker amongst itself.  In the cold light of day he'd be nowhere near it if Buckley had stayed fit and especially if they'd signed O'Brien and there's good reason that would've been the case.

Coming back as a squad man as back up to our own lads or a loan more suited to what we need then yes fine. He's a potential good player and i expect he'll get another good loan out somewhere next season and probably haunt us.

• Like 2

Morton's been playing well recently. Yes, he's a bit lightweight and parts of his game aren't up to scratch yet but he's young and inexperienced and in a year or two when he's filled out and become stronger there is potentially a very good player in there. I can't see him being a Liverpool regular and if we had the chance to sign him at the right price I think we should take it. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I can't see him being a Liverpool regular and if we had the chance to sign him at the right price I think we should take it. 

Take it and put it in the bin maybe.

In fairness, I wouldn't entirely disagree with the rest of your post I left out, but I'd be terrified of us signing him under JDT who seems to want to play him as much as possible. Maybe that was just a clause but I don't want to find out by bringing him here again. Also, with Wharton and Buckley already here I don't see any need for him.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Take it and put it in the bin maybe.

In fairness, I wouldn't entirely disagree with the rest of your post I left out, but I'd be terrified of us signing him under JDT who seems to want to play him as much as possible. Maybe that was just a clause but I don't want to find out by bringing him here again. Also, with Wharton and Buckley already here I don't see any need for him.

[Morton] joined on a season-long loan from Liverpool last summer, a move that Rovers said would not hamper the longer-term development of Adam Wharton and Garrett.

On how that was panned out, Tomasson said: “He was for sure the best player at the time, and the best player if you look at the training and performance, he’s been excellent for Rovers

“You can’t expect more from a young boy where he’s touching the ball a lot, so it’s been a good loan for him and a good loan for Rovers as well

“Tyler has been more ready during the whole season, more than the other boy

“If you look at the way Adam has developed, he understands what it’s about playing football in the last period "

It really does say a lot about the view of JDT.

He sees something most of us don't apparently...

Edited by Neilbristol
Typo
  • Like 2

Wish the best for the lad. Played an important role for us providing depth and minutes while Wharton matured. Not sure I’d call it as successful as JDT, but we’ve certainly loaned worse. 

He was for sure the best player at the time, and the best player if you look at the training and performance, he’s been excellent for Rovers. You can’t expect more from a young boy where he’s touching the ball a lot, so it’s been a good loan for him and a good loan for Rovers as well”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neilbristol said:

It really does say a lot about the view of JDT.

He sees something most of us don't apparently...

He’s hardly likely to say:-

He did well early season but went off boil just before the World Cup.. I eventually dropped him for Buckley but he got injured. Broughton fucked the transfer window up so I had to play him. I then eventually dropped him for Wharton, but as we had no strikers we had to go three in the middle so I recalled him.

Average championship fringe player at the moment Id say. Think he tried his best, possibly with the exception of the final moments at Bramall Lane

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 5

• Backroom

Can't really think of any highlights of his time here, barring the face-clutching that helped cost us the quarter final, which obviously isn't a positive.

2 assists and no goals, isn't it? I appreciate we don't have the best options in attack, but even Travis, Ayala and Pickering managed at least one goal. Wharton has 2 assists with much less time on the pitch.

His time here has been unimpressive, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. Doesn't mean Morton is a bad player, and good luck to him in future. I wouldn't have him back though. Would much rather develop Adam Wharton and John Buckley than have Morton blocking their paths, particularly with loan agreements that may stipulate % of playing time. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, DE. said:

Can't really think of any highlights of his time here, barring the face-clutching that helped cost us the quarter final, which obviously isn't a positive.

2 assists and no goals, isn't it? I appreciate we don't have the best options in attack, but even Travis, Ayala and Pickering managed at least one goal. Wharton has 2 assists with much less time on the pitch.

His time here has been unimpressive, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. Doesn't mean Morton is a bad player, and good luck to him in future. I wouldn't have him back though. Would much rather develop Adam Wharton and John Buckley than have Morton blocking their paths, particularly with loan agreements that may stipulate % of playing time. 

This.. exactly.

Hope they see sense this summer. We need a striker. Not another opportunity to help develop someone else's talent 

7 hours ago, Hasta said:

He’s hardly likely to say:-

He did well early season but went off boil just before the World Cup.. I eventually dropped him for Buckley but he got injured. Broughton fucked the transfer window up so I had to play him. I then eventually dropped him for Wharton, but as we had no strikers we had to go three in the middle so I recalled him.

Average championship fringe player at the moment Id say. Think he tried his best, possibly with the exception of the final moments at Bramall Lane

No, but he could have just brushed over the topic and moved on quickly. He was for sure the best player, you can't expect more, he's been excellent for Rovers...these kind of comments make me question the man's judgement. And nevermind just before the World Cup, or eventually dropping him for Buckley, he should have been dropped well before the WC for Wharton.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

No, but he could have just brushed over the topic and moved on quickly. He was for sure the best player, you can't expect more, he's been excellent for Rovers...these kind of comments make me question the man's judgement. And nevermind just before the World Cup, or eventually dropping him for Buckley, he should have been dropped well before the WC for Wharton.

Agree.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DE. said:

2 assists and a goal for Wharton 

• Like 1

Not a loss for me, always though he got a game because of something in his contract stating so, Wharton is a lot better player and so would JRC as a cm. Think after the Clarkson disaster Liverpool made sure he would play and that the reason he gets in the team 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

This is what I mean. Those comments show a lot about what JDT thinks about Morton as well as continuing to play him when Wharton just sat in reserves. Glad the decision to play him has been forced upon JDT now. Obvs im sorry he is injured for him personally but as a rovers fan he's not our player and he isn't the best mf option for our team.

• Like 1

Hasn’t been a success, I thought he looked good early on but I just don’t think he is that great. He might develop but not at our standard at the moment never mind liverpool. Still he tried so all the best to the lad and quick recovery , I just don’t want him back in a rovers shirt 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...