BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (h) 15/4/23 @ 19.45pm

Dear JDT, what is it that you see in Gallagher and Morton that none of us mere mortals cannot see? 
Answers on the back of a postage stamp, because of all the non league football I have been involved in from North West Counties to Unibond level, I don’t know of any coach who would have either of those two anywhere near their team. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

Big chance?

We had 1 and it fell to Dolan. Back to creating absolutely nothing as we had the 2 crabs in midfield who are incapable of creativity and a striker who has no movement, no football brain and no strikers instinct. 

Thought we actually played pretty decent forward passing football all the way through and got in behind them quite a lot. But just no real striking instinct to make the most of the opportunities.

• Like 4

Just now, booth said:

The clue was in his post. "My eyes..."

Not sure what you're driving at there mate. If his eyes suggested Gally should start the next game, he needs to go to Specsavers. If you think he was being sarcastic, nothing about his post suggests that. The 'my eyes' suggests it was painful to watch, and Gally played nearly all of it. Badly.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Not sure what you're driving at there mate. If his eyes suggested Gally should start the next game, he needs to go to Specsavers. If you think he was being sarcastic, nothing about his post suggests that. The 'my eyes' suggests it was painful to watch, and Gally played nearly all of it. Badly.

That 👍

• Like 1

I'm not going to start calling JDT crap as I think he's done well to have us where we are and like the direction he's taking us. But when someone has an off day it needs calling out. After what he called our best performance of the season why oh why did he change formation. 

That was poor in itself but the lack of subs tonight had me screaming. Why the fu** didn't he make changes! This one is on his head. Really pissed off. 

Of the team tonight Carter, Morton, Szmodics and Dolan (bar the miss) I thought were all very good. Mortons second half performance vs Hudds and then tonight, I felt he's been much braver with his forward passes. 

Onto the poor. I'm not sure what planet Hyam was on tonight and Diaz's performance would usually have seen him awarded the worst player on the pitch. But, of all Gallaghers shite performances for us, that was one of the worst of the lot. Whether Leonard is quite ready or not is a valid question, but he's a million miles ahead of Gallagher. He didn't make a single positive contribution tonight. How it took until 85 minutes for Wharton and Leonard to get on is criminal. 

The cross that Hedges whipped in (with far too much pace), Leonard was actually there. Its something Gallagher manages about once per season. I don't wish him any kind of serious injury, but I do hope it keeps him out for a few games. Give Leonard a proper crack at leading the line.

Conclusion:

2 points dropped 

Diaz 1/10

Gally 0/10

JDT 0/10

• Like 6

Diaz has returned to who he was. One great season. He must be the dumbest footballer I know. Give away free kicks when we have the ball in great positions. Why did we not take 8 million for him.

The manager has done a great job with what he has. Let down in the transfer window by the amateurs that occupy our administration and still not sacked.

I suppose it’s been a better season than expected 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Thought we actually played pretty decent forward passing football all the way through and got in behind them quite a lot. But just no real striking instinct to make the most of the opportunities.

Which would be fine, except the only box that the guy wearing number 9 for us tonight can apparently score in is his girlfriend’s.

• Like 3

Just now, Boroblue said:

Diaz has returned to who he was. One great season. He must be the dumbest footballer I know. Give away free kicks when we have the ball in great positions. Why did we not take 8 million for him.

Not even a full season. 6 months of magical surreally good form. The rest has been utter detritus. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Aaaaand relax. 

Yeh nothing more relaxing than pissing away our easiest remaining game during a playoff chase. Thanks again for your great advice.

What a good time to come trolling your fellow Rovers fans while they're in pain too. They'd like you over at Turd Moor.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

Five points from a possible eighteen.

If we were sixth with upwards momentum it would feel very different.

It’s just the same old story.

Except it isn't, because we weren't in the playoffs with a handful of matches to go last season.

It's not a great run, but there have also been good performances within that.

This is the Championship. No easy matches. No gimme 3 points. Plenty of surprises. I'd rather be in our position than Preston's, or Sunderland's, or Norwich's. Beat Coventry and a playoff place is well and truly our's to lose.

Plenty of time left to go, points to be won, points to be dropped. Some of the reactions on here are, quite frankly, embarrassing. 

• Like 2

I think we saw again tonight that the fall out between Adam Wharton and JDT is still causing issues. He should have stated tonight, or at least come on at half time.

Had the line up been right, we would have won and despite tonight’s disappointment, he could still redeem himself by getting it right in Wednesday and Saturday. I would imagine we will get more of the same though and pick up either 1 or two points end end the season before the Dingles come to town.

Tonigjt is firmly on the manager and perhaps down to some pig headed argument. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Except it isn't, because we weren't in the playoffs with a handful of matches to go last season.

It's not a great run, but there have also been good performances within that.

This is the Championship. No easy matches. No gimme 3 points. Plenty of surprises. I'd rather be in our position than Preston's, or Sunderland's, or Norwich's. Beat Coventry and a playoff place is well and truly our's to lose.

Plenty of time left to go, points to be won, points to be dropped. Some of the reactions on here are, quite frankly, embarrassing. 

Yep.

We've hit a bad patch at the wrong time but it's still in our hands. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

What was it about Gallagher's performance tonight that makes you think he should start the next game?

Good question. I think Brereton has lost it completely and doesn't play the team game. Dolan is highly unpredictable, and has never been my cup of tea. If Gallager is told to stay in the middle looking for early crosses and Hedges and and Thomas can provide them, then I can see a few goals from him and the ones scattering around him for scraps.

A lot of tense finishing tonight. Looked like the pressure was getting to them. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

No, but the theme is the same, albeit it’s come a bit later in the season.

Six games is enough to show a trend in form.

We’ve failed to beat the likes of Hull and Brum, both of whom have nothing to play for.

Even Norwich are in poor form, and they still turned us over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

Good question. I think Brereton has lost it completely and doesn't play the team game. Dolan is highly unpredictable, and has never been my cup of tea. If Gallager is told to stay in the middle looking for early crosses and Hedges and and Thomas can provide them, then I can see a few goals from him and the ones scattering around him for scraps.

A lot of tense finishing tonight. Looked like the pressure was getting to them. 

Other players who have done far more over the season than him being out of form doesn't make Gally any deadlier. He is also playing poorly. So I'll repeat the question, what is it about Gally's performances recently that makes you feel he should start? Was it when he dicked up that inviting ball over the top? When he fell over in the box for no reason waiting for a cross? The way he looks clearly unfit and you could see it in his face when he came off? Or something I've missed?

• Like 1