BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (h) 19/4/23 @ 19:45

1 minute ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Aye, have to say, I did think that there myself. 

Of course, it's a trade off, and maybe I'm stuck in the past as too much of a traditionalist, but I just think Kaminski's a better shot stopper.

For me, it's hard to underestimate how many points that gains you in a season, I've seen enough goals conceded by Pears that I would be confident Kaminski would've saved. 

Agreed and that's fair. But I'm just going on this game. Pears has done nothing wrong so far. And the pressure our boys put him under he did well to cope..

• Like 1

Excellent half of football. The football has been slick and high energy, they haven't really had a kick. 

Excellent finish from Gallagher and we not often able to say that. Wharton and Brittain have added a bit more energy and quality to the side. 

I don't think this will finish 1-0 though. Next goal will be vital.  

• Like 4

Adam Wharton - I’m a huge fan and have wanted him in the team all season despite any gaming gossip. 
However, I thought the praise he got on recent cameos was OTT (perhaps due to Morton hatred) - in comparison to eart appearances. Eg Blackpool / Hull
But today, wow, he’s been sublime. Best player on the pitch. Himself and Trav dominating it and this is against a very capable team. 

Will just add Brittain is so much more composed on the ball than Pickering. Helps when trying to move the ball forward in the style we do. 

And Gally - get in there lad!

Edited by superniko
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Good performance and great to be ahead.

One gripe, Brereton is absolutely woeful. 

Disagree 100%. He is lacking in confidence but watch the goal and the part he played. He is tracking back, he is fighting and I think playing well without necessarily being his Diaz attacking threat.

i also really enjoy the way we play football now. First year in with a few additions next year this will be such a great side. 

also my fav player is Sammie, love the fight and infectious manner he has.

Edited by imy9
  • Like 1

What a wonderful midfielder Adam Wharton is.

A marvellous control of the ball.

He will one day run England's midfield.

One of life's great mysteries as to why JDT has p1ssed him about.

He might just get us into the PL THIS SEASON .

• Like 5

• Backroom

Feels like we could sub Kaminski on for Brereton and see a better performance. Lad has truly and utterly lost whatever it is he had during his purple patch. Villareal in shambles.

(Hoping this comment leads to a BBD second half masterclass)

• Like 2

Coventry are poor. Wharton is a pleasure to watch. His quick passing makes such a difference! Brereton is killing our momentum time after time with poor passes and frustrating offsides. Great goal by Gallagher….about time Sam!

After recent performances there’s always the fear that Coventry nick an undeserved breakaway goal so it’s going to be edge of seat time as usual this half.

• Like 1

Just now, Armchair supporter supremo said:

tell you what I hope for his sake that deal with the spanish club is signed and sealed otherwise the club might want to renegotiate his salary ⬇️ or even sack him off completely now they've seen the real BB.

He's just the epitome of a 'confidence player' without it he's dire

Yes, it has to be said, he's been woeful

Don't think this is hyperbole but if A Wharton played when available over Morton we would have more point in the last 5 games than we managed to take. He's a massive improvement. Has more developing to do but he has shown already what a talent he is.

• Like 5