BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

28 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Good afternoon one and all,

Nerves are setting in in this particular part of East Lancashire. A decent bottle of Malbec is " breathing ", and Mrs Sympathetic Claret is bracing herself for an evening of her husband of 34 years, issuing fearful invective at the Television Screen ...

Wherever you're taking in the game, live, TV or online, have a good evening ! Let's hope both sides D***head elements are controlled, and it passes off without incident. I stand by my previous 2-1 Rovers win prediction ... don't know enough about t'Rovers players to predict scorers, but Benson for us ...

Whatever happens, I won't be posting until tomorrow ..... licking wounds if defeated, and living up to my soubriquet of " Sympathetic Claret " and not rubbing it in if we win !!

I wish everyone was like this - friendly, sensible rivalry. I should know better but I tried to have a civil conversation about hope in football on a Rovers v Burnley post and every response was about being a horse fiddler…that was not what I was hoping for…

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Yes, 30+ years before the Indians darkened our door. Jordan Rhodes hits the post, Gary Bowyer decides it’s a good idea to bring Dingle slayer Dunny off and Robinson flaps and with it, the tables turned 🙈

Takes Dunn off and instead of a like for like replacement, changes the entire shape of the team with it 😩

• Like 1

As Scrooge said on Christmas Day:

"I don't know what to do! I am as light as a feather, I am as happy as an angel, I am as merry as a school-boy. I am as giddy as a drunken man."

I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst, yet strangely I've gone from weeks of trepidation to actually looking forward to it in a perverse way. One has to try to enjoy it somehow.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nic81 said:

I wish everyone was like this - friendly, sensible rivalry. I should know better but I tried to have a civil conversation about hope in football on a Rovers v Burnley post and every response was about being a horse fiddler…that was not what I was hoping for…

The horse thing is the most tenuous link.

Some Polish pervert, living in Oswaldtwistle, interferes with an equestrian and somehow all Rovers fans are ‘horse fiddlers’.

Completely ignoring the fact that a Burnley man, being doubly unfortunate enough to live in their misery pit, does exactly the same not too long after.

They have a disproportionate number of weirdos in their fan base.

And we’re still beating them tonight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andy said:

The horse thing is the most tenuous link.

Some Polish pervert, living in Oswaldtwistle, interferes with an equestrian and somehow all Rovers fans are ‘horse fiddlers’.

Completely ignoring the fact that a Burnley man, being doubly unfortunate enough to live in their misery pit, does exactly the same not too long after.

They have a disproportionate number of weirdos in their fan base.

And we’re still beating them tonight.

Hmm .....

Did anyone investigate the six fingers proposition 😂🤣😂🤣

• Like 1

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Rovers: Pears, Rankin-Costello, Carter, Hyam, Pickering, Travis, A Wharton, Szmodics, Hedges, Dolan, Brereton

Subs: Kaminski, Brittain, Phillips, Garrett, Dack, Thomas, Leonard

Dolan and Diaz need to turn up.

Big call moving Szmodics back into the midfield 3. 

Unless it's back to 4-2-3-1?

1 minute ago, Cherry Blue said:

Rovers: Pears, Rankin-Costello, Carter, Hyam, Pickering, Travis, A Wharton, Szmodics, Hedges, Dolan, Brereton

Subs: Kaminski, Brittain, Phillips, Garrett, Dack, Thomas, Leonard

Fills you with confidence doesn't it 😯

COYB!