BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (H) - 05/08/2023

I more or less took a sabbatical over the transfer window, posting little but reading threads on here a lot, but now it's match day.

Clean slate for all our remaining players and I hope their pride wants success as much as their personal development. I am sure it will and am absolutely sure that JDT wants success on his terms.

For our younger players getting into the team or matchday squad is a sure sign of personal development whatever our recruitment is doing under the prevailing difficult and imho strange circumstances.

It's going to be interesting season and a winning start would help calm us all.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I hope the weather is not as horrendous in Lancashire as it is in the West Midlands. There's standing water on the roads, and at least a faint drizzle all day. Not conducive for super sexy football. 

We've had no rain in Blackburn. Believe its raining down the road in Burnley but hopefully it will stay dry for our first win.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I hope the weather is not as horrendous in Lancashire as it is in the West Midlands. There's standing water on the roads, and at least a faint drizzle all day. Not conducive for super sexy football. 

It's rained on and off all morning and it's due to continue throughout the day.

25 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

We've had no rain in Blackburn. Believe its raining down the road in Burnley but hopefully it will stay dry for our first win.

Lightly raining now.

Gone into the stadium and hoping this isn't a sign of things to come. Prices on the Riverside concessions haven't been updated and they're charging more on the til. Not fussed about the additional 30p on a coke (although it's 10% on the listed price) and not the fault of the staff working the stalls. But one of them was a moron, saying I needed to tell management - I had to slowly explain it was in their interest to get the matter sorted before queues for dozens/a hundred are kicking off about being charged incorrectly.

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Legend is here today 💙🤍

Brad Friedel being presented before ko 

Brad Friedel is a special guest at Ewood Park today. The former Rovers shot stopper will be introduced pitchside ahead of kick-off

So thats the keeper signing weve all waiting for.

• Like 3