BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 2/9/23

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ve seen him play one game against Harrogate Town and look good. But that’s of no real test and frankly the minimum expectation is play well. I’ve just watched him play for 90 minutes today and he didn’t look impressive. We’ll see, he has a good reputation in Ireland, but from what I’ve seen so far I have doubts. 

Forget Harrogate, neither here nor there (sorry Phil)

So he’s played one game and did perfectly fine. But even if he had struggled players don’t get chance to get up to speed with you then?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Still a ridiculous post and clearly off the back of a frustrating result. Again I agree on some of the names but to say that you have question over Moran and not have Travis in there is a joke. You may aswell of just posted the whole squad. 

Lewis Travis has played 180 games for the club over 5 years. I know exactly what he’s about. He’s combative, a good tackler, good stamina and seems to want to learn. 

I hadn’t seen Moran play before he played for us and whilst he’s got a good reputation at Brighton and in Ireland, based on the two games I have seen him play for us I’m so far not impressed as I’ve explained above. 

• Like 1

So… just walked back to Plymouth from the game. 

I know we lost, but came away slightly positive. Enjoyed the game even though we lost. Didn’t take our chances but created a hatful. It’s not down to a lack of striker, but a lack of quality from those they fell to. 

Thought we were the better footballing side throughout but just a few lapses and a little too open particularly after the first. Some poor decisions in final third too. A combination of all of this ultimately cost us. Plymouth took their opportunities and had a little luck on their side too.

If Hedges scores early it could have been 3-0 the other way. Adam has to be closer to the man for their first but it’s unlucky to deflect in. 

Time for the new keeper to get a gig. Pears a calamity for the third, I’d like him to do better with the second too - a decent save but pushed back into danger. 

Let’s see how we look after the international break, but I suspect upper mid table awaits in the long run this season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Have you watched him? He could come good he could not. The same would be applied to Tom Cannon if he came. Your point is you have doubts, you may aswell of named the whole team! 

The same can’t be applied to Tom Cannon, he’s played at this level and been successful. Telalovic has never played at anywhere near this standard and the Championship is an especially hard league to adjust to. 

36 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Well given he spent the entire match hitting bad passes, giving the ball away and being pushed off the ball I would say he was shit

No name in that post but I assume you're talking about Travis

Just a guess 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Forget Harrogate, neither here nor there (sorry Phil)

So he’s played one game and did perfectly fine. But even if he had struggled players don’t get chance to get up to speed with you then?

Of course they get chance, the original post literally says “currently I don’t think…”. I standby that. He could well prove me wrong but at 17:56 on 2nd September 2023 I don’t look at Moran and think we’ve got a really good player on our hands. 

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Lewis Travis has played 180 games for the club over 5 years. I know exactly what he’s about. He’s combative, a good tackler, good stamina and seems to want to learn. 

I hadn’t seen Moran play before he played for us and whilst he’s got a good reputation at Brighton and in Ireland, based on the two games I have seen him play for us I’m so far not impressed as I’ve explained above. 

Lewis Travis was one of the worst players in parts of last season. He was hooked off at half time against Millwall he was that bad. 
Today was a bad day at the office (with still positives) we’re lacking a goal threat and a decent keeper. Hopefully Leo has solved the latter.

Also Travis does not have good Stamina -  He’s as fit as my Nan.

• Like 2

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Lewis Travis was one of the worst players in parts of last season. He was hooked off at half time against Millwall he was that bad. 
Today was a bad day at the office (with still positives) we’re lacking a goal threat and a decent keeper. Hopefully Leo has solved the latter.

Also Travis does not have good Stamina -  He’s as fit as my Nan.

How many of our current central midfielders do you think are better than Travis? 

Wharton

Travis

Tronstad

Garrett

Give me a 1 - 4, with 1 being Wharton.

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

1- Wharton (shocking today)
2- Tronstad
3- Garrett
4- Travis

Interesting. I’d go:

1 - Wharton (agreed, looked tired and grumpy today)

2 - Travis 

3 - Tronstad 

4 - Garrett

with significant gaps between first and second, then second and third. 

Just now, J*B said:

Interesting. I’d go:

1 - Wharton (agreed, looked tired and grumpy today)

2 - Travis 

3 - Tronstad 

4 - Garrett

with significant gaps between first and second, then second and third. 

Garrett will take his chance when he gets it. I think he’ll be a regular by the end of the season.

• Like 1

4 shots on target with 58%. Too much passing about with no quality. They had 9 shots on target with 3 beating Pears. Time to give Pears a rest. Today's bench was weakest for a long time. We need those new signing match ready in two weeks so I'm hoping to hear of a game behind closed doors. JDT is no fool and he will insist on discipline both on and off the pitch.  

I hate these international breaks but as things stand it a god send for us.

Edited by Cherry Blue

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

Of course they get chance, the original post literally says “currently I don’t think…”. I standby that. He could well prove me wrong but at 17:56 on 2nd September 2023 I don’t look at Moran and think we’ve got a really good player on our hands. 

We could, we could not. Far too early to be making any kind of judgements after his first 70 minutes of league action this season. Plus he didn’t even have a poor game anyway.

He’s actually struggling to make an impact in, say, October then fair enough as it’s a loan and we can’t be waiting months for an impact.

But this early? Lad needs to get up to speed, because as you’ve just said elsewhere it’s a tough League to adapt to, so a bit of an odd view, J*B, but hey ho game of opinions and all that.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Fucking hell...

Cheers

Exactly. Hedges - Jesus Christ, on his left foot as well. He keeps finding new ways to fuck up. That’s why he’s a bit part player. The second goal, Pears should have thrown his cap on it. As for the third goal, Holy fuck, what a shambles. Under 15 s level of defending.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

How many of our current central midfielders do you think are better than Travis? 

Wharton

Travis

Tronstad

Garrett

Give me a 1 - 4, with 1 being Wharton.

You’re not getting my point,  I’m not saying Travis is dog shit, although I’m not his biggest fan. 
If you’ve question marks over Andy Moran then you have to have question marks over Travis as per my reasons above on some of his performances.

I would have him starting for us, only because he’s better than Tronstad (currently).
Travis is not mister perfect and he certainly isn’t captain fantastic.

26 minutes ago, J*B said:

Up to date list of players which I don’t think are currently good enough and/or have questions about: 

Pears

S. Wharton

Pickering

Tronstad 

Moran

Hedges

Gallagher

Dolan

Leonard

Bloxham 

Garrett

Gamble

Gilsnan

Sigurdsson

Ennis

Hill

Telalovic

That’s our issue. 

Why does one of our new signings who has only played/spectated at Harrogate avoid this list?

Can't believe we have lost that, never mind lost it 3 nil. We're crying out for a number 9 that lives for scoring goals because the one we have certainly doesn't.

There's a lot on this Bosnian lad, cos, based on what I saw today, he needs to bag 15 goals minimum this season.

1st 20 minutes though, some of the best football I've seen in years....

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why does one of our new signings who has only played/spectated at Harrogate avoid this list?

You’re absolutely right, forgot Leo. He can be added on there until further notice too. 

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

You’re not getting my point,  I’m not saying Travis is dog shit, although I’m not his biggest fan. 
If you’ve question marks over Andy Moran then you have to have question marks over Travis as per my reasons above on some of his performances.

I would have him starting for us, only because he’s better than Tronstad (currently).
Travis is not mister perfect and he certainly isn’t captain fantastic.

I do get the point, I just don’t agree with it. For the avoidance of any doubt, despite his limited technical ability at this level I rate Travis because I think what he does bring to the team is desperately needed.