BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

1 minute ago, J*B said:

It’s just like fake news on Twitter, someone says it and it’s then repeated until it becomes true. 

Smells of episode two of @Herbie6590’s new niche podcast POB (price of Blackburn), titled “Life Before Venkys - what was it like and what is true?” so that we have something on record to revert back to every time younger fans make up that the place was on fire. 

That sounds like an extremely necessary public service. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve had to dispel the myth that we were in oblivion until they came along. Like talking to a brick wall most of the time though.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, J*B said:

I feel like I’m on a different planet sometimes. 

"Don't deceive yourself"

"This is just re-writing history"

From a guy who is saying Venky's saved the club from the 'turmoil' post Jack. Ha.

A lack of knowledge about the club, in particular the last 13 years, plus a "let's just be positive" outlook is a dangerous combination. It's due to this combination that there is no discontent aimed towards Venky's at Ewood, imo.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

"Don't deceive yourself"

"This is just re-writing history"

From a guy who is saying Venky's saved the club from the 'turmoil' post Jack. Ha.

A lack of knowledge about the club, in particular the last 13 years, plus a "let's just be positive" outlook is a dangerous combination. It's due to this combination that there is no discontent aimed towards Venky's at Ewood, imo.

When we do get new owners, the crowd will turn on them pretty quickly. A lot seem to think we are run well at the moment, in reality it is going to require a complete rebuild of the club behind the scenes and that takes a lot of time to sort out.

Realistically it's a 3 to 5 year job and I just don't believe people will listen to the new owners when they say they have taken over a basket case. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

A quick glance at the TL gets even worse:

Venkys maintaining their position as one of the best ownerships in the league. They have been for years! Pumping money in year after year after year.

The support Venkys have put in to #rovers is incredible and would be more if not for ffp. Yes they were badly advised to begin with but the club is stable and competitive because of them. Without them the club wouldn’t exist. 

4 minutes ago, Silas said:

Venkys maintaining their position as one of the best ownerships in the league. They have been for years! Pumping money in year after year after year.

The support Venkys have put in to #rovers is incredible and would be more if not for ffp. Yes they were badly advised to begin with but the club is stable and competitive because of them. Without them the club wouldn’t exist. 

The likes of that bloke make me want to smash my laptop screen in.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Silas said:

The ‘badly advised to begin with’ klaxon 🚨 

But yeah, the fanbase doesn’t need to wake up as “everyone at Ewood knows they are the worst owners in sport” apparently…

What an absolute idiot. My feeling is similar to Gavlar's, and this Nathan guy would fit in well in Airstrip 1. He'd be right there claiming we've never been at war with East Asia and Emmanuel Goldstein is the source of every problem.

Essentially we must always assume that people are stupid when it comes to Venky's and their ownership, and are inclined to be happy with less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silas said:

"One of the best ownerships in the league" but he's "not saying they're great, or even good".

Someone needs their bumps felt.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

What an absolute idiot. My feeling is similar to Gavlar's, and this Nathan guy would fit in well in Airstrip 1. He'd be right there claiming we've never been at war with East Asia and Emmanuel Goldstein is the source of every problem.

Essentially we must always assume that people are stupid when it comes to Venky's and their ownership, and are inclined to be happy with less.

If there is hope, it lies with the proles.

"Oh buggering ada, there's no hope at all" said Winston

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silas said:

I know this is a fan who has tweeted the above. However, those words in bold, I have seen before on twitter.

Posted by an agent of SEM. Almost word for word. Talking about how Venky's don't get the respect they deserve.

Go figure.

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Nixon is being very pro Venky on Twitter, I’ve noticed. Must have some good sources at the club again.

Just ‘ergh’ all round.

Yeah, I noticed that.

Somebody asked him whether there should be more scrutiny on the internal hierarchy at Rovers on the back of transfer cock ups/ failure to tie down assets.

His answer:

It is what it is. Clubs make mistakes.

That's alright then. Crack on.

7 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Yeah, I noticed that.

Somebody asked him whether there should be more scrutiny on the internal hierarchy at Rovers on the back of transfer cock ups/ failure to tie down assets.

His answer:

It is what it is. Clubs make mistakes.

That's alright then. Crack on.

Well run club and transfers running smoothly? He definitely doesn’t want that - that doesn’t make good copy!

• Like 1

I see the '£20 million a year' claim that Venkys or A N Other need to pump in today dealt another blow with PNE losing £12 million last year (without any big sales and with far cheaper ticket prices)

I wonder what their secret is???

• Like 2

2 hours ago, norwichblue said:

Looks good. Wondering how these can be made and distributed effectively.

Could have 50 of these made up as a starter for £10 a pop to cover costs. Sold at entrance to Kidder Street prior to the Wrexham game and could look into ordering more & distributing wider if things catch on organically 🔥 

IMG_5683.jpeg

IMG_5684.jpeg

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The likes of that bloke make me want to smash my laptop screen in.

I've no problem with differing opinions, but to claim "best ownership" is just madness. It's not defendable in any way, shape or form. Might as well claim the sky's not blue.

And as for their "support" being "incredible". Mindblowing.

They've supported the club financially, no doubt about that. The near quarter of a billion hole illustrates it. But support to me is so much more than that, particularly in the cut throat world of football.

It's like a boss paying their staff minimum wage, and getting a big pat on the back and thank-you. Forget that they worked 12hr shifts with no break, no H & S equipment provided which caused work injuries, inadequate toilet facilities provided on site etc etc.

The employees revolt and confront the boss and he/she just points to a payslip and says: "Yeah, but look, I paid you!"

Yeah, you did the absolute bare minimum that was required. And expect to be lauded for it. 

Not the perfect analogy, but I'm pretty sick of "Yeah, but they pay the bills!", like that even comes close to evaluating their overall performance as owners. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Nixon is being very pro Venky on Twitter, I’ve noticed. Must have some good sources at the club again.

Just ‘ergh’ all round.

I remember reading something several years ago that a certain journo had some kind of arrangement with SEM and/or Kentaro. Anyone else remember that?....not mentioning any names lol

• Like 4

Some of these jokers on Twitter do make me laugh Venky's have been "Paying the bills" but the sum of the amount they've put in is a manifestation of their own incompetency since day 1. And the "Oh but the poor Venyk's were misadvised by corrupt agents"...Sorry but the Venky's are worth MULTI BILLIONS off the back of their businesses; they are business people so I don't buy that "Misadvised" stuff for a second, either the Venky's are completely stupid, don't give a shit or something much more sinister. Either way our situation is dire and it is completely on their heads.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I see the '£20 million a year' claim that Venkys or A N Other need to pump in today dealt another blow with PNE losing £12 million last year (without any big sales and with far cheaper ticket prices)

I wonder what their secret is???

Preston's pre tax loss for the year ended June 2023 was £14.3m; that was reduced to a post tax loss of £12.2m because their losses can be offset against the profits of other businesses in the Hemmings' group. We can't do that because Venky's don't have other significant businesses in the UK.

Their turnover of £15.6m for 2023 was a bit less than our £16.6m for 2022 and I assume our TV appearances and cup runs in 2022-23 will mean that it will come in a fair bit less than ours. Food for thought for those that think slashing ticket prices is going to lead to more revenues.

Their staff costs were £21.5m compared with our £24.4m but they don't operate an under 21/23 team and I would guess some functions like legal/IT/accounting etc will  be carried out by another company in the Hemmings group which should reduce their staff costs.

The principal area where they do better than us is "other operating expenses" which for them were £6.2m but for us were £9.9m. I don't know what the explanation for that is.

4 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

If we lose this weekend,  it will organically go off i think

That is how I think it will play out, also.

Rightly or wrongly, if we lose on Saturday, then Tomasson will start to get grief for our dire form. People generally have tunnel vision when it comes to results. ie it's the manager's fault. Fingers will be pointed at him in the first instance.

If our form carries on as is though, and a relegation battle becomes more of a likelihood, I'd expect the grief to then escalate beyond Tomasson over the coming games.

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

The latest one is Venky’s saved us from oblivion when they took over. I don’t know how reality has become so distorted but that’s the new line. IMG_0741.thumb.png.b4818e24f4e2e770242383d90bb7d52c.pngIMG_0742.thumb.png.2c2bd8c99c9eec18633217e01d3ac84c.png

Makes my blood boil do clowns like Nathan P...the epitome of Clueless.Head in the Sand.

Venkys saved our Club? Their tenure has been a disaster you fool!!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 3