BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

8 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Big night for Leonard…Thought he was completely out of his depth against Watford but here’s hoping he has a solid game tonight.

The last time I remember things being this bad up front was when we ended up playing Chris Samba up front. A great centre half but he looked like a fish riding a bike as a striker.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

11 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Big night for Leonard…Thought he was completely out of his depth against Watford but here’s hoping he has a solid game tonight.

We played a defensive game versus Watford to be fair and he had very little service.

He did well versus West Brom fingers crossed a similar performance tonight 

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

Do they still sweep all the water down the slope, out between the Riverside and Blackburn End and into the river Blakewater (is it?)

Blimey, John!  Have you ever been to Ewood? It's the River Darwen.

39 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Waterlogged pitch? Called off? Hmm.

Vinnie Jones aquaplaning towards the Jack Walker? 😉

They rushed onto the field and aquaplaned towards us on the Riverside. I thoroughly enjoyed the crazy gang doing that. Football has lost its characters like Bruce Grobbelar walking on his hands on his goal line and, back in the 1960s, the referee who did a little dance on the centre spot before kick-off.

40 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The last time I remember things being this bad up front was when we ended up playing Chris Samba up front. A great centre half but he looked like a fish riding a bike as a striker.

I remember him being put up top against Spurs one time and causing havoc. The game ended with a last second winner by Ooijer, if I remember correctly.