BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (a) - 23/9/23

jdt to set us up like the watford game(hopefully) and we clinically despatch ipswich with two goals on the break and a thumping hyam header from a set piece,we deffo can`t approach this one like we did on wednesday,sit back,silence the home crowd and hit them on the counter,i`ll be ****** off if we go gung ho and concede 2/3 again.hopefully jdt can see we can`t dominate every game

1 hour ago, bigbrandjohn said:

JDT bigging up James Hill in the press. I wonder if he plans a formation change for Ipswich. 
I hope he does an Arteta and do a goalie substitution if we lose a couple of goals early on. 

I liked the look of him from the brief bit we've seen he has a bit of size and presence which is something we badly lack.

1 hour ago, dallydally said:

Off topic - sorry

Watching the Rugby World Cup. Injured - treated on the pitch whilst play goes on. No arguing with the referee. Footballers are cissies!

Absolutley. Along with timekeeping taken out of refs hands so no aggro there, clock only ticks when ball in play. Sin bins. Refs miked up so we all see and hear the decisions. Fans intermingled, no aggro. Adult game, adult fans (in attitude.)

Before anyone says it, I like football and am a season ticket holder. 🙂

19 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Absolutley. Along with timekeeping taken out of refs hands so no aggro there, clock only ticks when ball in play. Sin bins. Refs miked up so we all see and hear the decisions. Fans intermingled, no aggro. Adult game, adult fans (in attitude.)

Before anyone says it, I like football and am a season ticket holder. 🙂

I played rugby for thirty years. Supported Rovers for 60 Years. Only trophy I ever received was playing as a goalie in a five a side tournament. 🤔

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

Push Brittain up to where Hedges plays and play JRC at full back where he's excelled.

Why would you move Brittain from his natural position and one where he is playing excellent from. Hedges and Brittain seems to have a very good understanding between them

3 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

JDT bigging up James Hill in the press. I wonder if he plans a formation change for Ipswich. 

I wouldn't be surprise if he comes in for Carter 

2 hours ago, Aqualung said:

How many tickets have we shifted for this? 

Curious, as it looks like Ipswich have put a whole new block of tickets on sale for their own supporters.maybe we have given up part of our allocation. 

over 800 would I say is a great effort by every single Rovers fan attending this game

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would you move Brittain from his natural position and one where he is playing excellent from. Hedges and Brittain seems to have a very good understanding between them

Because both individually and as a pair down that right hand side I think JRC and Brittain offer more than a Brittain / Hedges combo.

Hedges' decision making,  judgement and execution are awry at critical times whether it be in front of goal (PNE away last season, Plymouth away this season) or when defending (Sunderland the other evening).

JRC's best spell for Rovers was as a rampaging full back last season.  Brittain is very good going forward with good delivery - IMO, better than Hedges and would provide much better cover for our full back than Hedges (as seen in that rash penalty conceded on Wednesday).

We need more 'impact' players and JRC / Brittain tick the boxes and would make our right hand side much stronger both defensively and going forward - Hedges at best is average.  A 'no brainer' for me. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rigger said:

I wouldn't say JRC is a shit player, but for the last couple of season even when he has played for the U23s he has not stood out, unlike say, Adam Wharton, Phillips and batty. 

He certainly stood out for the first team and was outstanding for large parts of last season.

His performance against Huddersfield away was one of the best individual performances I've seen from a Rovers player in years. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

JRC rode the crest of a wave last season and has now, as I predicted, reverted to type.

Awful footballer, can't defend, can't pass, can't shoot.

How do we watch the same team every week and come to such different conclusions?

Besides A. Wharton he's the best natural footballer we have. 

7 hours ago, rigger said:

I wouldn't say JRC is a shit player, but for the last couple of season even when he has played for the U23s he has not stood out, unlike say, Adam Wharton, Phillips and batty. 

When he was breaking through,few years back before all his injury issues and pre breaking into the senior team there was a bit of noise about him and back then I watched the underage and he stood out, saying that so did Butterworth.

I'm not putting him on A.Wharton level just my opinion he showed enough last season to prove he isnt a poor footballer which is how he was described in the initial post I responded too 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

He found his niche at RWB that's his position and the odd cameo in midfield is just a bonus.

Of course he has one good half game in there last season and there is a clamour to start him there, well hes shown now why he was never breaking into a midfield slot in the first place.

He's a RWB.

He's not athletic enough to be a RWB. He's played RB quite well, but you have to adjust your tactics to get the most out of him (hence why they let him drift around the park).

He'd be my CM partner for A. Wharton if I was in charge, but I'm not. 

Some good news for Rovers, Sigurdssen is fit at last and might come off the bench to take part against Ipswich. Another tough one for Rovers, Ipswich have won 6 and lost 1 since being promoted to the Championship. I am going to put my head on the chopping block and say 1-2 to Rovers after the disappointment against Sunderland, with Sigurdssen on the score sheet.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Great effort for a right old trek at 31 quid a ticket after an iffy start to the season. 

The away support is at its strongest for a long time, anyone would think there’s potentially good support at Blackburn Rovers to harness…

Our away support has always been good. Mainly because of our southern fan base…It’s our home which has always been poor IMO. 

23 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Our away support has always been good. Mainly because of our southern fan base…It’s our home which has always been poor IMO. 

I’ve been to Ipswich with less than 200 Rovers fans on the away end and on another occasion over 2000 packed in.

Right now we have outstanding away support considering the appalling tenure under these owners, our home support will increase if the side starts to pull up trees, it’s always been that way.

Edited by Gav