BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (a) - 23/9/23

• Backroom

Good that Siggy is starting. Frustrating that Pears isn't dropped despite numerous recent errors. Either Wahlstedt isn't up to much in JDT's eyes, which would be really worrying, or the manager is lacking some required ruthlessness. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Good that Siggy is starting. Frustrating that Pears isn't dropped despite numerous recent errors. Either Wahlstedt isn't up to much in JDT's eyes, which would be really worrying, or the manager is lacking some required ruthlessness. 

Given what we've seen of JDT's tenure so far I think it's fair to say he doesn't lack ruthlessness when he feels it's required.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I must have missed us beating Watford beating west Brom beating Boro.

I'm sorry but joke post, one of Ipswich easiest games this season ?Based on what?

I agree. No way is this an easy win for them.

Kets go at them and be a bit cooler in front of goal. No reason why we can’t win this. 

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Given what we've seen of JDT's tenure so far I think it's fair to say he doesn't lack ruthlessness when he feels it's required.

Which only leaves JDT genuinely thinking Pears is better than Wahlstedt. Or Wahlstedt is struggling to settle/acclimatise. 

12 minutes ago, DE. said:

Or maybe he doesn't believe Pears has  been as culpable as others for those goals. Certainly don't think it's down to ruthlessness!

Also hope Sigurdsson is given time to get up to speed and not slaughtered on here after 10 mins

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 1

A lot of happiness that Siggy is starting, but it feels premature to me. He's had what, two youth games after missing a whole preseason, clocking in I think 30 and 75 minutes. Not heard any reports that he stood out. I doubt he's ready for this start in all fairness, and I just hope he doesn't get crucified if he doesn't play well.

I suspect the plan will be to play him for about 60 minutes then take him off. Potentially at half time if he's struggling with his fitness.

27 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Ok but I disagree with him.How many goals does he have to concede before we give our main summer signing in terms of a transfer fee a chance?

was he at fault for any goals in the last 2 games? No for me. 

Wahlstedt will get his chance at some point this season

26 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

JDT throwing him in as soon as he could tells us how desperate he/we are for someone to step up to the plate.

or JDT has used the media very clever. Sigurdsson is ready to go. 

26 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

COYB, fancy us to win today.

Same here

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

Because of the football we play, I fear no-one... I only fear ourselves. 

Largely agree with this, we usually beat ourselves. I have a number of Tractor Boy friends having lived in Suffolk for a few years, they have been riding their luck. Hopeful and praying but still fearful about today’s result.

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

A lot of happiness that Siggy is starting, but it feels premature to me. He's had what, two youth games after missing a whole preseason, clocking in I think 30 and 75 minutes. Not heard any reports that he stood out. I doubt he's ready for this start in all fairness, and I just hope he doesn't get crucified if he doesn't play well.

I suspect the plan will be to play him for about 60 minutes then take him off. Potentially at half time if he's struggling with his fitness.

In my eyes that is a better way to play a recovering player, rather than for twenty minutes off the bench.

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

In my eyes that is a better way to play a recovering player, rather than for twenty minutes off the bench.

At this stage, and obviously without having seen all his performance data, how he looks and holds up in training etc, I'd have been inclined to bring him off the bench at about the 60 minute mark today, which with current extra time would have given him close to 40 minutes, against tiring legs. Then give him a full 90 minutes in the next U21 game, and look to start him in the first team after that.

But obviously we'll see how it shakes out today. I suspect he isn't going to look ready though.

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

At this stage, and obviously without having seen all his performance data, how he looks and holds up in training etc, I'd have been inclined to bring him off the bench at about the 60 minute mark today, which with current extra time would have given him close to 40 minutes, against tiring legs. Then give him a full 90 minutes in the next U21 game, and look to start him in the first team after that.

But obviously we'll see how it shakes out today. I suspect he isn't going to look ready though.

The next U21s game is tomorrow. I would say the cup game against Cardiff would be more likely.

Edited by rigger