BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (a) - 23/9/23

I think JRC did very well at full back and was almost a surprise entity as he was random in what positions he took up and was a general thorn in the side for the opposition. He isn't afforded that time in central positions and understandably look less pleasing on the eye. We have the problem that for me his strongest position is right back but Callum Brittain is a better right back defensively, with how open we have looked thus far, bringing JRC back at right back would be risky. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

JRC rode the crest of a wave last season and has now, as I predicted, reverted to type.

Awful footballer, can't defend, can't pass, can't shoot.

What? After one below par sub appearance you say this? He’d played well this season before missing the last couple of games. Don’t talk such rubbish. 

• Like 2

There is an under 21 match on Sunday. Normally I would have expected any unused substitutes from tomorrow to play but as they are likely to be involved on Wednesday then maybe he won't risk them. Personally I would play the likes of Tronstad, Wharton, Hill and Sigurdsson in both (or at the very least part of them) as they really need game time. 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Utter rubbish with respect, as last season proved.

He's not found that form so far this season, but your comments are way over the top Mellor.

3 good months in his entire time at the football club. It's not over the top Gav, he's been absolutely terrible again this season, just as he was in Mowbray's last season.

3 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

3 good months in his entire time at the football club. It's not over the top Gav, he's been absolutely terrible again this season, just as he was in Mowbray's last season.

No he hasn't been terrible this season , he has had 2 poor spells coming off the bench, when the team as a whole wasn't playing well.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Butty said:

What? After one below par sub appearance you say this? He’d played well this season before missing the last couple of games. Don’t talk such rubbish. 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Been found out by not playing recently?

He is a good footballer 

6 appearances this season, awful in every one, as he was in every game under Mowbray.

He isn't the best option at the club in any position that he plays, just a utility man who had, granted, a very good half season, but was also found out in multiple games in his main job at right back which is to defend. I'd have 4 CMs above him, and both full backs the other night are better full backs than him.

If he makes a wide position his own then I'll hold my hands up and say fair play, but I very much doubt he will.

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

No he hasn't been terrible this season , he has had 2 poor spells coming off the bench, when the team as a whole wasn't playing well.

6.42 average rating this season, 275th in the Championship

6 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

6 appearances this season, awful in every one, as he was in every game under Mowbray.

He isn't the best option at the club in any position that he plays, just a utility man who had, granted, a very good half season, but was also found out in multiple games in his main job at right back which is to defend. I'd have 4 CMs above him, and both full backs the other night are better full backs than him.

If he makes a wide position his own then I'll hold my hands up and say fair play, but I very much doubt he will.

Awful in every game in your opinion...not my opinion and not by the majority going off the replies to your initial post.He hasn't hit the heights of last season but he has not been awful in the matches he has started this season

Second half of last season he was our best performer.

I'm in agreement he isn't a brilliant defender and with the way Mowbray set up was very weak at full back but JDT more or less gives him a free role when he lines up in that position, expecting Travis and Carter to cover.If he wasn't a good footballer like you suggest then why would JDT do that.

Edited by islander200

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

JRC rode the crest of a wave last season and has now, as I predicted, reverted to type.

Awful footballer, can't defend, can't pass, can't shoot.

He found his niche at RWB that's his position and the odd cameo in midfield is just a bonus.

Of course he has one good half game in there last season and there is a clamour to start him there, well hes shown now why he was never breaking into a midfield slot in the first place.

He's a RWB.

2 hours ago, superniko said:

Brittain was our best player mid-week, be interesting to see what JDT decides with him and JRC long-term.

Push Brittain up to where Hedges plays and play JRC at full back where he's excelled.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Exactly so why are you posting that you got it right that he is a shit footballer 6 games into the season?

Eh? He's been shocking every year he's been at the club bar a 3 month spell. This is his standard IMO, and he was just having a good spell in that period. Just my opinion of course and I expect it to be proven right come the end of the season.

11 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Eh? He's been shocking every year he's been at the club bar a 3 month spell. This is his standard IMO, and he was just having a good spell in that period. Just my opinion of course and I expect it to be proven right come the end of the season.

35 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Exactly so why are you posting that you got it right that he is a shit footballer 6 games into the season?

I wouldn't say JRC is a shit player, but for the last couple of season even when he has played for the U23s he has not stood out, unlike say, Adam Wharton, Phillips and batty. 

14 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Push Brittain up to where Hedges plays and play JRC at full back where he's excelled.

Not the worst idea.. brittain can beat a player, great cross on him. Quick footwork. JRC played there in youth how come he's never had a crack at senior level?

Hedges with end product would be quality, i think team is better with him in it in the build up, just he fluffs his lines every time.

JRC may come good in the middle but definately needs a run of games which he won't get barring injuries.

Siggurdson a shoe in on the left hopefully.. excited to see (i feel a lot hangs on it) i hope this means we just see dolan for last 10/20mins to chase out games

42 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Because the second half of last season was the only time he had an extended run in the side  since he broke through to the first team.

I won't disagree he played poorly under Mowbray but he was injury hit he never had an extended spell playing week in and week out.

Seen enough from him last season and from how highly he was thought of from his time in the youth team to disagree that he is a poor footballer.

34 minutes ago, rigger said:

I wouldn't say JRC is a shit player, but for the last couple of season even when he has played for the U23s he has not stood out, unlike say, Adam Wharton, Phillips and batty. 

Bit off topic but in the brief bits I've seen of Batty (pre-season/league cup) he has looked miles away from Championship level. Does he really stand out beyond JRC in u21s?