BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (a) - 23/9/23

1 hour ago, Gav said:

He certainly stood out for the first team and was outstanding for large parts of last season.

His performance against Huddersfield away was one of the best individual performances I've seen from a Rovers player in years. 

Not in the first half it wasn't.

I'd feel more confident if this were played at Ewood as our away record is marginally better than our home going back enough games.     Don't think we've been beaten on the road since Oxford back last winter and that was in a different league.

Let's not mess around, neutrals and many of our own will be expecting three points for us and you'll go back with little if nothing but the game is more fickle than that.    Anything can happen on the day and I take nothing for granted.   We have so many attacking options and were highest scorers in League One (around 100 goals) last season.    We've brought in one or two attacking names since then in the last window but I think we have too many forwards now competing for places.     Walton (goal keeper)  is recovering from an injury but Hladky remains a suitable and competent backup.    Our defence can be get at though..

You need to do what Leeds did a few weeks back.     They weren't given much of a chance but took away a   4 -3   win from Portman Road.    It surprised a lot of us but the Yorkshire team did deserve it, they played with pace and determination and took a win back with it.      Blackburn need to apply the same approach tomorrow if you stand a chance of winning.     It should be a good contest.      Any assistance with parking / alehouses / directions to and around Portman Road just need to ask.      We had some minor trouble with Sheffield Wednesday fans last week but wasn't there and appears just kids out to make a name for themselves.     We pride ourselves on being a family oriented friendly club, a few idiots and tools aren't going to tarnish that image.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, not exactly Scarface said:

I'd feel more confident if this were played at Ewood as our away record is marginally better than our home going back enough games.     Don't think we've been beaten on the road since Oxford back last winter and that was in a different league.

Let's not mess around, neutrals and many of our own will be expecting three points for us and you'll go back with little if nothing but the game is more fickle than that.    Anything can happen on the day and I take nothing for granted.   We have so many attacking options and were highest scorers in League One (around 100 goals) last season.    We've brought in one or two attacking names since then in the last window but I think we have too many forwards now competing for places.     Walton (goal keeper)  is recovering from an injury but Hladky remains a suitable and competent backup.    Our defence can be get at though..

You need to do what Leeds did a few weeks back.     They weren't given much of a chance but took away a   4 -3   win from Portman Road.    It surprised a lot of us but the Yorkshire team did deserve it, they played with pace and determination and took a win back with it.      Blackburn need to apply the same approach tomorrow if you stand a chance of winning.     It should be a good contest.      Any assistance with parking / alehouses / directions to and around Portman Road just need to ask.      We had some minor trouble with Sheffield Wednesday fans last week but wasn't there and appears just kids out to make a name for themselves.     We pride ourselves on being a family oriented friendly club, a few idiots and tools aren't going to tarnish that image.  

I'd agree the neutrals will be expecting an Ipswich win. In my eyes though you've had some easy fixtures of late. Sheffield Wednesday and then Southampton, whom given the way they're playing under Martin are very beatable. 

Rovers have been the better team both on the eye and statistically in the majority of our games this season. We're not clinical enough though and have leaked some sloppy goals. I've not watched all your games but I have noticed many of them have been tight affairs. 

What I'm saying is the form guide certainly doesn't tell the full story. I'd say you are overarching, whereas we are underachieving, so I wouldn't be quite so confident if I were you. 

If I were a betting man this is the last fixture in the league I'd be picking a winner from. We seem capable of blowing many sides away, but have shown a soft underbelly.

6 hours ago, Gav said:

I’ve been to Ipswich with less than 200 Rovers fans on the away end and on another occasion over 2000 packed in.

Right now we have outstanding away support considering the appalling tenure under these owners, our home support will increase if the side starts to pull up trees, it’s always been that way.

*And when priced correctly, it’s always been that way.

20 hours ago, Gav said:

Utter rubbish with respect, as last season proved.

He's not found that form so far this season, but your comments are way over the top Mellor.

Absolutely…how quickly we write players off…

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/articles/brfcs-end-of-season-review/406

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Its crazy really how the team who finished 2nd in League 1 a few months ago even allowing for home advantage and with very few signings are considered huge favourites against a team that missed out on the Championship top 6 on goal difference.

Absolutely. You’d think we’re playing 2009 Barca with the way this is being talked about. They’ve had a decent start with some favourable fixtures but I’ll always be confident we can get something against a team that has George Hirst up front…

After Wednesday's horror show in front of goal, we need to deploy someone who has the instinct to bosh the ball into the net, rather than look to place it precisely. If we can accept that we are likely to create chances, then we should also accept that we need to have someone in situ to convert them. For me, this is precisely the reason why JDT needs to get a dose of the feckits, put Telalovic up front from the start (and not when we are chasing the game trying to get back in), and let the rest of the team work their magic to put chances on a plate for him.

Oh, and maybe shake things up a bit at the back. We do look comfortable now passing the ball out under pressure, but there has to be something suspect about a side that concedes three on a regular basis. Whatever the weak link is, it needs to be identified, excised and replaced with something a whole lot more parsimonious in terms of conceding soft goals.

Ipswich tails are up. Rovers heads are not.

Head says home win.

Heart says shock and awe from a swashbuckling JDT crew wins the day.

Holy cow says, moo - take nothing for granted in this league.

I'm going with moo.

Ipswich, like Plymouth, are riding the wave of promotion momentum - we did the same thing early in our first season back.

It will level out over the season, as it almost always does.

I think, performance wise, we’ve been amongst the best in the division so far - and the stats support that, but results haven’t gone our way.

We’re due to spank somebody, so no better time than today.

Ipswich 0 - 4 Rovers.

• Like 1

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, Andy said:

Ipswich, like Plymouth, are riding the wave of promotion momentum - we did the same thing early in our first season back.

It will level out over the season, as it almost always does.

I think, performance wise, we’ve been amongst the best in the division so far - and the stats support that, but results haven’t gone our way.

We’re due to spank somebody, so no better time than today.

Ipswich 0 - 4 Rovers.

According to wiki we only lost 3 of our first 17 matches in our first season back in the Championship - the main difference between us and Ipswich being that 8 of those matches were draws, so we were still ultimately floating around mid-table rather than being in the top three. It was the tried-and-tested post-Christmas death spiral that did us in that season, with 9 losses in 11 matches between February 2nd and April 6th. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

give the negativity a big heave ho will you

ipswich 0 5 rovers ,we finally give out a spanking and take all most of our chances,sigurson comes on and looks like the top quality player we`ve all hoped he is 😀

Can't see any other outcome 

Fully prepared for yet another manager and set of supporters to come out and tell us how amazing we are and how we are the best side they have faced this season after we have just shipped 3 goals and lost fairly comfortably.

Will be same next week against Leicester.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

I’m not interested in us being ‘unlucky’ yet again. I just want us to score goals and win a match. Hard luck stories are for losers. I think already, we’re ‘enjoying’ the fruits of our Labour from the January window…

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Fully prepared for yet another manager and set of supporters to come out and tell us how amazing we are and how we are the best side they have faced this season after we have just shipped 3 goals and lost fairly comfortably.

Will be same next week against Leicester.

This will be the common theme of the season. Another one incoming today. I'll be shocked if we don't lose by 2 or 3 goals. It's Leeds under Bielsa but with not an ounce of their attacking quality. 

• Like 1