BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (a) - 23/9/23

9 hours ago, superniko said:

Not sure how you incorporate Szmodics into that without being really overrun in midfield (and he is 1st name on the team sheet currently).

Leonard, Szmodics, Moran + 1 on the other wing until Sigurdsson is fit for now (IMO) - personally don't think Dolan (every one seems to agree), and Hedges (good squad player) are up to starting in a team with expectations. Do we try pushing either Brittain or JRC higher up on that wing? or maybe 4-3-3 instead to bulk up the midfield.

Dolan isn't contributing to the midfield at all so won't be missed.

Someone's going to take a whipping from us soon, hopefully it's Ipswich.

I do think we'll win either way.

I suspect JDT was saving Semir for the weekend - unleash him and the new GK, possibly even a glimpse of Sigurdsson.

• Like 1

I think we will beat Ipswich on Saturday and I expect the starting 11 to be the same as yesterday. Our attacking play has been really good all season. Just need to put the chances away. I will go for 2 nil Rovers win. Szmodics and Leonard scoring 

9 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Whichever front 3 anyone on here selects, it’s dreadful. Dolan, Markanday, Hedges - not good enough. Leonard should be on loan in L1 or coming through gradually from the bench. I’ll be stunned if Semir comes good this season.

For the millionth time, thanks Venkys.

Hedges isn't good enough. I struggling to understand that cos he is key player for us. Him and Brittain on the right gives us balance and suit each other game. 

I also don't get this Leonard should be on loan in L1. Think he proves he can score goals at this level. 

why would you be stunned if Telalovic comes good this season? He seems ready for the challenge and wants to play. When he came on yesterday he did more than Dolan did. Seems to have good touch and link up play. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Thought moran was very poor in the final third. 

I don't particularly rate markanday but we're trying to find goals and he can finish better than some of the other options. Really it's a case of rotating the deck chairs but you can't suggest right sided forward who we didn't sign in the window on the teamsheet.

He may well of been but so was everybody else. Moran carried the ball well, something others can’t do. He won the ball back numerous times in the first half which broke us out into possession. Should have had a goal in the opening minutes it wasn’t for a world class block. Of course he fell away second half but again so did the whole team -He’s a good player and to start Markanday ahead of him is madness - Moran will score goals I can bank on it.

• Like 2

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

He may well of been but so was everybody else. Moran carried the ball well, something others can’t do. He won the ball back numerous times in the first half which broke us out into possession. Should have had a goal in the opening minutes it wasn’t for a world class block. Of course he fell away second half but again so did the whole team -He’s a good player and to start Markanday ahead of him is madness - Moran will score goals I can bank on it.

i was impressed,certainly an upgrade on dolan and markanday,he`ll  get better the more game time he gets

• Like 1

9 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i was impressed,certainly an upgrade on dolan and markanday,he`ll  get better the more game time he gets

I rate markanday over Dolan definirly but Moran 100% tops them both. Markanday has a neat touch and certainly has a wicked left foot. That’s about it though, needs to be braver on the ball for me. 

I think we'll get thrashed 3-1 or 4-1. Ipswich will be far too street wise for us. We're very easy to play against - soak up the pressure, nick the ball back or wait for a misplaced pass, then you have a free run at our defence. Rinse and repeat until you score. 

Very exciting to watch but no structure or organisation. Recipe for disaster.

• Like 1

Not very hopeful given their good start and our defensive issues. 
We will no doubt create some chances but seem to have no luck with them going in. 
I predict another entertaining ding dong but ultimately a loss on the road.

Be good if we can get some minutes in Siggy, Tronsted and Telalovic we need these guys to make an impact quickly.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andy said:

I'm keen to see what Semir can do with a longer spell on the pitch.

Been quietly impressed with what I've seen so far - he looks quick enough, strong and very direct.

We must watch different games. He looked slow and ponderous last weekend. Well off the pace. He might come good as he's obviously very raw but mad to be relying on him playing 90 mins as our key goal threat.

You can't really fault Ipswich's record in competitive football matches, 1 narrow defeat to Leeds in around 30 games?!

Very, very hard to see us getting anything here I'm afraid - unless of course everything clicks into place and we convert a few early chances.  I mean its surely going to happen sooner or later right?

I think its time for Leo to start in goal but I still expect JDT to ask him to prove his worth vs Cardiff in the cup first.

Hopefully Siggy gets the last 30 mins, but again he might need to put a shift in Vs Cardiff first.

I'm gonna go for a perhaps slightly ambitions 1-1 draw.  Early goal for Moran cancelled out with a late, late Hirst equaliser......

46 minutes ago, RoverCanada said:

Looks like I'll need to miss this one. How soon after the game do they tend to put up the full match replay on RoversTV? Might try avoiding looking at my phone for the day... (which sounds quite nice actually).

It's usually the day after, but they didn't upload the Boro match until Monday morning this week...

Ipswich are a shining example of a club that were ruined by successive owners and bad decision making, but have risen from the flames through a great fanbase, illustrious history and grit and determination. 

Take note Rovers fans......

Ipswich 1 Rovers 1

• Like 3

Will probably give this one a miss this weekend. 

If I have to watch another game of our only money signings sit on the bench whilst Pears pretends to be a goalkeeper (that's three goals already this season that my nan would've saved) and Dolan playing as a number 9 then I think I'll lose the plot.

2 minutes ago, dallydally said:

The sooner we read the truth on this site the better. We are mostly a squad of bang average Championship players who now and again will have a really good game. But we have too many players who rate 5/10 for many games in between!!

And this year there's no prolific goalscorer.

What a great idea to appoint a manager who wants to attack teams, then fail to sign any tried and tested attackers. Just like the instruction to develop players into the next big thing, then don't sell them while they are hot and the debt is rising.

Another in a long line of nonsensical decisions by the idiot owners.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you expect our current underwhelming set of attacking players to suddenly start becoming more clinical in front of goal though? Ive seen many suggest that it is only a matter of time before the goals start going in but I dont get why as we dont have a natural goalscorer.

Also, are we likely to create 20 odd chances in every game? Probably not.

Not really but I think Sammy could have done better with that early shot.

Leonard is worth persevering with, his goal showed composure in front of goal.

We have to wait and see what our recent signings can do. TBH I'm not expecting much as one of our few club skills is in recruiting known injuries.

Leonard to start for me. His goal scoring record was at a higher standard of opponent than what Telalovic was in Germany, and the latter looks miles away from JDT high press and quick football fitness levels.

I see the 100m sprint time has disappeared from wikipedia now, as it was complete nonsense. Looks like he runs through treacle. (Early days and we've barely seen him with the ball at his feet so no judgement on his quality, just that it'll take time to get up to JDTs standards so don't think he should be starting yet).

Brittain was our best player mid-week, be interesting to see what JDT decides with him and JRC long-term.

1 hour ago, dallydally said:

The sooner we read the truth on this site the better. We are mostly a squad of bang average Championship players who now and again will have a really good game. But we have too many players who rate 5/10 for many games in between!!

You've just described why these players are in the championship, if they were 8/10 they every week they'd be in the Premiership. 

The owners have finally decided its time to get the wage bill under control, after 10yrs of mismanagement, incoherent buys and terrible appointments, this is only going to get worse.

@tomphil called it a few weeks ago, this could very easily end up with the club back in league 1 sadly. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, superniko said:

Leonard to start for me. His goal scoring record was at a higher standard of opponent than what Telalovic was in Germany, and the latter looks miles away from JDT high press and quick football fitness levels.

I see the 100m sprint time has disappeared from wikipedia now, as it was complete nonsense. Looks like he runs through treacle. (Early days and we've barely seen him with the ball at his feet so no judgement on his quality, just that it'll take time to get up to JDTs standards so don't think he should be starting yet).

Brittain was our best player mid-week, be interesting to see what JDT decides with him and JRC long-term.

JRC rode the crest of a wave last season and has now, as I predicted, reverted to type.

Awful footballer, can't defend, can't pass, can't shoot.