BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

Pears apparently at fault for both goals.

Anyone who genuinely thinks he's any better than Leo has a very, very (very) short memory.

To be fair to him he’s been out for a few months, but can’t say I’ve seen much of that, think most on here know they are both way below standard.

Some squad this.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

In fairness to Moran and I agree I was expecting more, but when the team is in a tailspin a 20 year old loan player is hardly the one you expect to take games by the scruff of it's neck.

While they were developing side by side, Brighton had higher hopes for Moran than Evan Ferguson so there must be something about him

He has got what is so lacking in the modern game . Its called flair. He is an old school footballer .He is a throwback to the street footballers in the english game . You know hoddle, gascoigne , le tizzer and the riversides damien duff.

I am not saying he has good as those players but he that old school street player about him,

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Andy said:

Anyone who genuinely thinks he's any better than Leo has a very, very (very) short memory.

That very short memory is obviously of a string of errors and a total breakdown between keeper and defence. Its hardly a blip after an excellent start.

2 poor keepers, we need a new one. Worth reverting back to Pears in the meantime as surely even he couldnt do any worse than Wahlstedt has been doing. 

57 minutes ago, Andy said:

If that’s an attempt to claim Wahlstedt is a half a decent keeper it doesn’t work. 

• Like 1

So no transfers news then guys. 

10 hours ago, martonrover said:

and one of the reasons there is no Plan B is because player development and adding value are seen as more important than winning games.

You withess Plan B against Watford 4-3-2-1 formation 

7 hours ago, rigger said:

If Moran is such a great No10 why isn't he played there 

Szmodics goals and form in the 10 role.

Let's not forget you want to move him also to play 4-3-3 formation 

4 hours ago, ABBEY said:

1970 me ...you ?

Couldn't give a toss about what other teams do . Stop being a sheep fan and use our supposedly strength..the all singing award winning academy or is that another lie being peddled by those kissing the owd hags arse

We bring through more academy players than most teams do? 6 academy players in the match day squad..any more do you want? 

Every EFL Club signed young players from PL clubs. Just like when people want to keep loaning Garrett or Leonard this summer instead of using them here. We have young players out on loan like Gent at Motherwell for example. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

1/ I didn’t make the original point about no plan B.

2/ The significant thing I witnessed was a combination of our keeper and a very weak bench costing us the game.

3/ Before you ask, no, I couldn’t have done any better in goal or coming off the bench.

11 minutes ago, martonrover said:

1/ I didn’t make the original point about no plan B.

My point still stands. We seen plan B this season. We haven't see 3 at the back this season. 

2/ The significant thing I witnessed was a combination of our keeper and a very weak bench costing us the game.

What I witness in the game was if we took our chances we would have been out of sight. 

3/ Before you ask, no, I couldn’t have done any better in goal or coming off the bench.

Never asked

1 minute ago, gazza1981 said:

I am sure you are aware of something called a typing error. 

You’re not a rovers fan, I’m pretty sure we’ve established that. Not a problem at all but the constant comments on one player, who’s not been great recently, is becoming boring now.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So no transfers news then guys. 

Szmodics goals and form in the 10 role.

Let's not forget you want to move him also to play 4-3-3 formation 

We bring through more academy players than most teams do? 6 academy players in the match day squad..any more do you want? 

Every EFL Club signed young players from PL clubs. Just like when people want to keep loaning Garrett or Leonard this summer instead of using them here. We have young players out on loan like Gent at Motherwell for example. 

It's great to get so many academy players in the first team, but can we only do this if we are content to remain in the lower reaches of the 2nd tier?

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

To be fair to him he’s been out for a few months, but can’t say I’ve seen much of that, think most on here know they are both way below standard.

Some squad this.

I saw Pears for the U23s a couple of seasons ago before he got in the first team and he was much the same then so his first team keeping was no surprise to me.

Made some smart stops and was calm on the ball but let in two a decent keeper would've stopped because his positioning was awful.

Basic stuff, the kind these modern young keepers often seem poor at.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

I'm convinced we're paying nothing for Ayari and given our connections with Brighton they asked us to take him as he's no use to them but might be some use to us. He does well here, his value goes up and it's good for us aswell so everyone wins... But I'd be surprised given our finances he's costing us anything. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Neal said:

I'm convinced we're paying nothing for Ayari and given our connections with Brighton they asked us to take him as he's no use to them but might be some use to us. He does well here, his value goes up and it's good for us aswell so everyone wins... But I'd be surprised given our finances he's costing us anything. 

I'd be far more surprised if he isn't costing us anything at all.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Neal said:

JDT has worked with him previously and spoke of him glowingly in the last few days, so I suspect we have been trying to get him for a while.

Sounds like we were very keen to have him.

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

JDT has worked with him previously and spoke of him glowingly in the last few days, so I suspect we have been trying to get him for a while.

Sounds like we were very keen to have him.

I don't believe he has worked with him previously. JDT has never managed a club Ayari was at. I think the confusion has come from a quote from Ayari about playing against JDT's Malmo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

2 poor keepers, we need a new one. Worth reverting back to Pears in the meantime as surely even he couldnt do any worse than Wahlstedt has been doing. 

He's only just coming back from injury, of course he could do worse. It doesn't exactly sound like he's ready to go based on the u21 game either.

For what it's worth on Morton...  

He was nowhere near as bad as he got made out to be at times, my only real gripe with him was him being too soft. Its how most young players are those these days unfortunately with the odd exception (which is why I'm keen to see Garrett develop more). He'll get more protection in the prem, if he gets his chance there. He'll also get less time on the ball though so will be caught in possession if he doesn't improve that area of his game. He gave away a few silly balls that cost us, BUT so has Adam Wharton, the blue and white brush comes out for him though and under the carpet they go.

• Like 2