BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

So 3 our of a squad of 20 or so.

That along with results tells me that the playing style isn't working.

The playing style isn't the problem for me, Its about the players getting back to form, players making the correct decisions and the squad depth being there. 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

He signed that new contract because he would have been an idiot not to!

Who would turn down longer term security and a bigger wage!?!?

If a bid for Sammie ticks the box for our owners then he will be out the door irrespective of any new contract.

It really is that simple.

I will be very pleasantly surprised if he is still with us on 1 Feb. 

Mercer, I have explained my thoughts on Szmodics and I don't see going anywhere in this window or next. Who is bid for him? 

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Nixon says we are battling Millwall for cresswell. Also a permanent not loan…

Good to hear. Solid player with championship experience. Still need a good striker and pacey right winger at least in this window 

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Would clubs offer that much knowing how desperately we’d need the money?

How would be desperate for the money? All clubs have to work to FFP whether in the Premier league or Football league. Look at Newcastle as a prime example who need to strengthen their squad this window but can't of PL FFP rules. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

How would be desperate for the money? All clubs have to work to FFP whether in the Premier league or Football league. Look at Newcastle as a prime example who need to strengthen their squad this window but can't of PL FFP rules. 

Because we have major funding issues as the owners cant even cover the losses at the moment.

What the ... are you talking about Newcastle for?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Clive 62 said:

We’re being run as an academy club. First team results are less important than player development, promotion has never been the aim under this lot. It’s all about finding young promising players and making them better. No point having a player like Travis on the bench, might as well have him playing somewhere else so he’s in the shop window. Seems highly suspicious to me that we’ve suddenly got a raft of players fit mid January especially Gallagher just when we get a bid in for him. JDT had a look of someone yesterday  who is having his team ripped out from under him. Think getting rid of him would be pointless, they’ll only appoint someone to play the exact same way. Remember the quote from Mowbray, “I’m not a results based coach, I’m a development coach.” Think this is why they’ve taken the coach away from recruitment, JDT is powerless to prevent player sales. 
Who is setting the agenda tho, this is the question, who benefits from all the player trading, all along the academy funding has been the one constant throughout Venky’s tenure. Can’t get money for a new pitch, stadium maintenance or a young centre half though. I don’t buy that this is the best way to progress the club, sell a player + re invest like Brentford, not what’s happening +  I don’t buy the Indian authorities investigation meaning we have to cut the the budget in half either. JDT, Waggott, + GB have all been hired to fit in with the plan.

This might all be complete tosh, I’m not ITK, just a fan for over 50 years who’s sick of it + just wants his club back 😢

Venky’s out.

Strongly agree with your thoughts. Waggott said before start of season the aim is just to stay in the league! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tugayislegend said:

Strongly agree with your thoughts. Waggott said before start of season the aim is just to stay in the league! 

Correct, the plan would be harder in the prem as the academy lads wouldn’t get the minutes to progress, in league 1 they wouldn’t get the value, so tread water in the championship forever + stay under the radar. You’d think we would have made the playoffs at least once under Venky’s. Every time we get close we cut back when a bit of investment could get us over the line. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Because we have major funding issues as the owners cant even cover the losses at the moment.

similar to alot of championship and football league clubs who rely on players sales to fund the losses. Boro for one

31 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

What the ... are you talking about Newcastle for?

Cos Newcastle are having problems signings players due to FFP rules in the PL. That's the point. FFP rules is at all levels now

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The playing style isn't the problem for me, Its about the players getting back to form, players making the correct decisions and the squad depth being there. 

Mercer, I have explained my thoughts on Szmodics and I don't see going anywhere in this window or next. Who is bid for him? 

Good to hear. Solid player with championship experience. Still need a good striker and pacey right winger at least in this window 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

FFP rules are still there and Rovers still make more losses than the owners can fund due to the rules so sales are needed

No the budget was cut this season by 20% in terms of the wage budget

I’ll let you answer your own question…

• Like 3

Why have we conceded the most goals in the league? I can't remember the last time we kept a clean sheet.

JDT has got the team playing good football at times, BUT the number of goals conceded is frightening! 

The backline hasn't changed much since last year, except for Leo coming in.

Has our bad form coincided with Leo starting? If it is we need to loan in a GK urgently in this window.

If not JDT MUST figure out what is wrong and sort it out urgently!!

1 minute ago, tugayislegend said:

Why have we conceded the most goals in the league? I can't remember the last time we kept a clean sheet.

JDT has got the team playing good football at times, BUT the number of goals conceded is frightening! 

Has our bad form coincided with Leo starting? If it is we need to loan in a GK urgently in this window.

25th November 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

doesn't mean we would desperate tho does it? 

Wharton is worth more £20m right now

He’s ‘worth’ what the market is willing to pay and a second division club in these kind of financial straits won’t be getting £25-£30 million for a teenager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clive 62 said:

We’re being run as an academy club. First team results are less important than player development, promotion has never been the aim under this lot. It’s all about finding young promising players and making them better. No point having a player like Travis on the bench, might as well have him playing somewhere else so he’s in the shop window. Seems highly suspicious to me that we’ve suddenly got a raft of players fit mid January especially Gallagher just when we get a bid in for him. JDT had a look of someone yesterday  who is having his team ripped out from under him. Think getting rid of him would be pointless, they’ll only appoint someone to play the exact same way. Remember the quote from Mowbray, “I’m not a results based coach, I’m a development coach.” Think this is why they’ve taken the coach away from recruitment, JDT is powerless to prevent player sales. 
Who is setting the agenda tho, this is the question, who benefits from all the player trading, all along the academy funding has been the one constant throughout Venky’s tenure. Can’t get money for a new pitch, stadium maintenance or a young centre half though. I don’t buy that this is the best way to progress the club, sell a player + re invest like Brentford, not what’s happening +  I don’t buy the Indian authorities investigation meaning we have to cut the the budget in half either. JDT, Waggott, + GB have all been hired to fit in with the plan.

This might all be complete tosh, I’m not ITK, just a fan for over 50 years who’s sick of it + just wants his club back 😢

Venky’s out.

Good post and I think it is pretty much spot on.

I went in to see Waggott after an E Mail I sent, questioning the Indian press article about the illegal payments.

I didn’t expect to find much out and I didn’t, but it was pretty obvious by the lack of answers to some of my questions, that things are being hidden from the fans.

Get anywhere near the truth and panic ensues. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, tugayislegend said:

Think this is the salient point. He clearly doesn’t know how to. Good managers adapt, he isn’t doing.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Think this is the salient point. He clearly doesn’t know how to. Good managers adapt, he isn’t doing.

JDT is trusting Leo every game but we get the same outcome. We need more than a keeper but confidence levels are at an all season time low so now we're in transfer window the powers at Ewood need to bring in an experienced keeper that will raise confidence.

• Like 2

It's fairly obvious if you join the dots up - no pressure to get results, other than to stay in this league, gaffer training players to adopt a style that is prevalent at most higher ranked clubs (and many below us too), stark refusal to fix the clear gaps that need filling but rely upon makeweights or no-one to get by, management team (haha) committed to cost cutting rather than the customer experience, and horse-shit nonsense spouted to draw a veil over the role of the ownership.

Yes, we are the Marie Celeste of the footballing world.

It would be interesting to see what would happen under JDT's stewardship if he was given decent resources, but let's get real - that is not happening under the current regime.

So, suck it up, boys and girls. The shit show is here to stay - the only upside is we aren't supposed to get relegated (hmmm, have heard that one before..)

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, tugayislegend said:

Shit full backs and a shit goalie is the main reason we've conceded the most goals in the league.

I'm not sure why it's such a surprise. Pickering has been poor since we bought him (3 years ago was it?), and last season apart from a few spirited early performances, most of this board were unconvinced with Brittain's defensive qualities. Now we've added a bloke in goal who looks like he's won a competition. Combine that with losing JRC who took a lot of pressure from the defence and it's easy to see why we're conceding a lot of goals.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Shit full backs and a shit goalie is the main reason we've conceded the most goals in the league.

I'm not sure why it's such a surprise. Pickering has been poor since we bought him (3 years ago was it?), and last season apart from a few spirited early performances, most of this board were unconvinced with Brittain's defensive qualities. Now we've added a bloke in goal who looks like he's won a competition. Combine that with losing JRC who took a lot of pressure from the defence and it's easy to see why we're conceding a lot of goals.

Completely agree with this, defensively we're a horror show for any diagonal ball and neither Wharton nor Tronstad have the height or physicality to drop into a 3 when both full backs bomb forward.  Also annoying the more attacking full back in Brittain doesn't play on the same side as Sigurdson who's hell bent on cutting inside.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Rothwell going Southampton on loan 

Great signing for them - will 'mix up' their playing pattern, possession and directness.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clive 62 said:

Correct, the plan would be harder in the prem as the academy lads wouldn’t get the minutes to progress, in league 1 they wouldn’t get the value, so tread water in the championship forever + stay under the radar. You’d think we would have made the playoffs at least once under Venky’s. Every time we get close we cut back when a bit of investment could get us over the line. 

No other club owned by such wealthy people would pull the drawbridge up every single time we get in touching distance of potential success, non.

Unless there were very odd reasons and yes there are FFP and finance issues but there are ways around it within reason. It's no wonder people turn to much darker theories but if an ownership wanted to self sabotage without completely busting the club then this lot are it.

It's not like they've suddenly chucked in 10 million for transfers and wages and its failed no instead it's like they actively avoid giving it the push it needs when the time is right.

They just love the 10/15 mill loss midtable model.

• Like 3