BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

does jdt not get an input on these matters,he is the manager ffs,personally id`e have driven gallagher there myself,a non goalscoring centre forward who has`nt got the a strikers instinct

We’re aren’t going to find someone better than Gallagher for £1 million (not that all of the funds would be given to reinvest)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

does jdt not get an input on these matters,he is the manager ffs,personally id`e have driven gallagher there myself,a non goalscoring centre forward who has`nt got the a strikers instinct

Is he better than the other 3, by quite a margin?

Tomasson seems to quite like him, especially as an experienced head. Suppose he would say that but he plays whenever fit.

• Like 1

• Backroom

If we rejected two bids how is rejecting a third classed as a u-turn? Most likely a reporter got it wrong then changed the story. Known in the business as a Nicko

• Like 4

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Tom said:

If we rejected two bids how is rejecting a third classed as a u-turn? Most likely a reporter got it wrong then changed the story. Known in the business as a Nicko

Assume the u-turn relates to us now being unwilling to sell, whereas before we were entertaining offers. Hard to tell from the article tbh. 

• Like 1

There is no point whatsoever selling Gallagher now for a million quid people are forgetting the club have the years option. So if that is triggered and he finishes the season well and we stay up he can command a modest fee like that in summer.

Now if they were guaranteeing 2 million overall deal including add ons etc that's a different matter but they are just being vultures trying pick this carcass.

Cannot blame the lad for wanting to go one iota although there is a danger he'll down tools BBD style to try and stay fit.

• Like 3

Think the last offer from Ipswich for Gallagher stands at £1.5million.

Suspect Rovers playing hardball and £2million seals the deal.

Anyone who thinks Rovers are now making decisions other than for financial reasons need to give their head a wobble. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Good that we've decided to judge a player before they've even started a game for the first team.

I know we're screwed right now, but this kind of take over a player that has only just arrived can get in the sea. Give the lad a chance.

Seen enough .not the grafter we need at the moment. Hope I'm wrong. 

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think the last offer from Ipswich for Gallagher stands at £1.5million.

Suspect Rovers playing hardball and £2million seals the deal.

Anyone who thinks Rovers are now making decisions other than for financial reasons need to give their head a wobble. 

Maybe they’ll offer us a straight swap next, Hirst for Gallagher ?

• Like 1

Gally is 6'4" and having him in our box defending set pieces will certainly help and we are desperate seeing as our current lot plus keeper seem terrified of putting a name on the ball.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GWHITE81 said:

We’re aren’t going to find someone better than Gallagher for £1 million (not that all of the funds would be given to reinvest)

We probably aren't, and probably won't, but he's also injury prone. So that's £1m down, along with his substantial wages.

Gallagher was an overexpensive luxury we couldn't afford even when we could afford him.

If he can stay out of the treatment room he may make a slight difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

There is no point whatsoever selling Gallagher now for a million quid people are forgetting the club have the years option. So if that is triggered and he finishes the season well and we stay up he can command a modest fee like that in summer.

Now if they were guaranteeing 2 million overall deal including add ons etc that's a different matter but they are just being vultures trying pick this carcass.

Cannot blame the lad for wanting to go one iota although there is a danger he'll down tools BBD style to try and stay fit.

Disagree - assuming Gallagher continues with Rovers in his usual hum-drum way, scoring occasionally, getting injured occasionally, I don't see anyone offering 1 million for him in the summer. Ipswich are surely looking to him as a dispensable 'get them over the line' signing. No-one can expect him to do anything if they are promoted.

In the summer, there won't be that kind of urgency from any club, I would have thought. Ideally, I would sell at anything around 1.5 million and try to get someone in, perhaps, from abroad (though, not the 4th level of German football, preferably). But, I can understand why few have any confidence that the club will reinvest or a decent signing will be made. He is an ok player at this level and probably our best striker at the moment, if fit - which says more about our squad than anything.

Edited by riverholmes

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

People who want him sold dont (in light of the likelihood of no proper replacement) answer if he is better than Ennis, Telalovic and Leonard it seems.

I reckon if we were operating normal, most people would be happy with selling him and replacing him with someone better. But it's likely we won't even bring in someone worse.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Disagree - assuming Gallagher continues with Rovers in his usual hum-drum way, scoring occasionally, getting injured occasionally, I don't see anyone offering 1 million for him in the summer. Ipswich are surely looking to him as a dispensable 'get them over the line' signing. No-one can expect him to do anything if they are promoted.

In the summer, there won't be that kind of urgency from any club, I would have thought. Ideally, I would sell at anything around 1.5 million and try to get someone in, perhaps, from abroad (though, not the 4th level of German football, preferably). But, I can understand why few have any confidence that the club will reinvest or a decent signing will be made. He is an ok player at this level and probably our best striker at the moment, if fit - which says more about our squad than anything.

They are bidding on a guy who has been out injured ages and only has a few mins under his belt so if they do retain an interest there's no reason why they won't come back in summer imo.

However if his extra 12 is triggered and we are committed to another year of big wages it would be just like our lot to start asking silly money.

Just now, booth said:

I reckon if we were operating normal, most people would be happy with selling him and replacing him with someone better. But it's likely we won't even bring in someone worse.

Absolutely. He is average, a normal club would likely sell and look to improve with a replacement.

With us, the alternatives we have are so bad and especially with such a low fee coming in and the owners having given up totally, we would at best get another young loanee.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

To down tools, he would have to be using them in the first place.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, booth said:

We probably aren't, and probably won't, but he's also injury prone. So that's £1m down, along with his substantial wages.

Gallagher was an overexpensive luxury we couldn't afford even when we could afford him.

If he can stay out of the treatment room he may make a slight difference.

How much did we pay for him?