BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Imagine speaking to Jack Walker now…

Well Jack, we’ve got a young lad come through the academy you built. He’s only 19, Blackburn born and bred, his brother plays here too. Genuinely a world class prospect, levels above what David Dunn ever was. No doubt he will go on to play for England sooner rather than later!

I agree with the overall sentiment Duncan, but is Adam ''levels above'' what David Dunn ever was? Probably for another thread 👀😂 but Dunny did make his debut in the Premier League at 19, was England u21 captain at 20 and almost exclusively spent a career in the top flight.

Adam has huge potential and may go further than Dunny did, but he's still got to go and do it. At this stage they're decent comparisons, though its probably easy to forget how good Dunn was in the Championship and Premier League throughout his career.

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Imagine speaking to Jack Walker now…

Well Jack, we’ve got a young lad come through the academy you built. He’s only 19, Blackburn born and bred, his brother plays here too. Genuinely a world class prospect, levels above what David Dunn ever was. No doubt he will go on to play for England sooner rather than later!

Brilliant! That was always the dream, to develop young local talent that can help keep us at the very top!

Oh, sorry Jack, did we not mention we are flogging him to Crystal Palace? You see because we have destroyed every bit of the club apart from the academy over the last 13 years, the 7th biggest club in London, with their small ground and zero trophies in their history are now considered a much bigger club than Rovers, even by half of our own fans!

I get this, I really do.

But we cannot strengthen significantly elsewhere without it. It sucks, I wish it weren't true but it is.

Venkys out (but they're going nowhere)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Maybe he will, but the certainty with which people say it is, quite frankly, insane.

He's very talented for his age, but still fails to make an impact for us consistently. Now he has to do that at a much higher level. The higher level might suit him. He may benefit from having more talented players around him, but it's still a big step.

We can sometimes have blinders on when viewing our own talent. That player x is definitely the best in a certain position in the league or the type of talent we haven't seen in years.

We're not long removed from serious debates of 'Dack or Grealish?'.

I wish him all the best, but there's a very good chance that he never comes close to the heights that many on here are expecting. A good Premier League career would still be incredible and a testament to his talent and our academy, but people talk about him as if he is a world-class talent.

We could go through a fairly long list of players of a similar age who are already proving themselves at a much higher level. 

He's often the best player on the pitch - he's a creator, he'll shine with better players to pass to.

13 minutes ago, neophox said:

If we look at a young good left back. Harrisson Burrows, 22 at Peterborough. Contract expires in the summer. Another one is centre half Ronnie Edwards, 20, Peterborough.

Max Bird 23, Derby, young promising defensive midfelder, contract expires in the summer.

Calvin Ramsay Bolton Wanderers right back....good prospect.

Harrison Burrows is a number 10 or wide attacking player, he gets away with playing left back in League 1 in the same way that Siggy and Dolan got away with playing as wing backs last night

Ronnie Edwards, is linked with numerous Prem teams

Calvin Ramsay is on loan from Liverpool, hardly got a look in on loan at PNE earlier this season

Max Bird 23, Derby, will give you that one

Edited by KentExile

Good luck to Wharton

Absolutely gutted to be losing him, and feel that's some poor negotiation that we've settled for £22m inc. add ons considering that's been their apparent price point for the last few days + looking at other similar transfers that have happened, but what can you do, COYB

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No they don't if they have any aspirations of promotion.

Very few clubs i.e. only the elite ones don't sell on their best players. Go support City or Real Madrid. Rovers have had to for 30 years so it's not changing when we're in the second tier. Shearer, Hendry, Sherwood, Sutton, Duff, Dunn, Bentley, McCarthy, roque....

We've not been sustainable for 30 years and we're not the team who wins everything. This is the football food chain.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

We need to sell Gallagher now ideally, we don't want to trigger an extension on his current deal when he's probably our top earner and adding zero contribution to the team.

A goal and an assist in his latest appearance.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I can see I'm fighting a losing battle arguing with The Football Manager or Fifa Generation on here.

All I can say is that for our Club selling our best player has rarely if ever resulted in an improvement in fortunes on the pitch, in fact usually quite the reverse.

Last time it happened was arguably 1974 when Tony Field was sold and Gordon Lee eventually rebuilt the side after a bit of a gap.

I'm also reminded of Spurs selling Bale. They wasted that money on a right load of old pony.

Rather be the championship manager brigade than deluded enough like yourself to believe a dof can build a promotion side with the budget our owners give out

When Broughton had money Szmodic was brought in

When he didn't Telalovic 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Give it a rest.

EVERY club bar the top 0.1% has to sell their star players.

It’s what you do with the cash that separates the men from the boys.

Lets hope we’re not the latter…

We've only had an overt aim of developing players to sell them on and not being bothered about results on the pitch since Broughton joined the Club tbf.

Prior to that the owners clung onto our better players like grim death. Didn't quite work out with the benefit of hindsight but I prefer that in the hope of achieving success than simply existing as a feeder Club for others with zero ambitions of success

I hope that we don't invest too much money in this window from the Wharton sale. Its a terrible window to do business in. This is the biggest chance we've had to properly to get some quality in so rushing that process with 2 days to go would be unwise. Realistically, this season has gone for us. We just need to make sure we stay up, which we will. 

We then need to have a proper go at in the summer window. 

I'd focus on loan deals to plug the gaps for now and then re-set in the summer. The US guy would be the exception as I think he's been on our radar for a while, so he's not a panic signing.

Edited by rovers11

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

I hope that we don't invest too much money in this window from the Wharton sale. Its a terrible window to do business in. This is the biggest chance we've had to properly had to get some quality in so rushing that process with 2 days to go would be unwise. Realistically, this season has gone for us. We just need to make sure we stay up, which we will. 

We then need to have a proper go at in the summer window. 

I'd focus on loan deals to plug the gaps for now and then re-set in the summer. The US guy would be the exception as I think he's been on our radar for a while, so he's not a panic signing.

Sorry but by that logic selling Adam for £20m screams of panic sale to me. He'll be worth at least that come the summer, so I would tell them to do one. Selling late is standard practice in these parts.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Adam has become collateral damage in the circus that we have become. Just imagine a 19 year old kid being pressurised into leaving because of the mess we are in, a 19 year old local lad who loves the club and never, ever indicated he wanted to go.

I just don't believe we will see another Adam Wharton again and thanks to the idiots running this club we are being denied seeing him in a Rovers shirt for a bit longer.

I feel cheated by these charlatans once again.

Nonsense. There's a lot wrong with the club but this has to be seen as a huge success for the club. 

We've always sold our beat players and most clubs do. What is important now is that we spend it wisely. We finally no longer have to shop in the market of the likes of Ennis or Telalovic. This is a big day for the club.

• Like 2

Wharton is pure potential, on current ability he isn’t worth over 10, we don’t have the time or squad to fulfil that potential, absolutely the right thing to do for both the club and the lad to let him try to be the star we all think he could be. If reinvested properly our squad will be much stronger for 2/3 solid champ professionals over 1 gem that we can’t properly utilise. 

goes with my blessing and I will be keeping an eye with interest on his development. Maybe one day if we break free from the flatline and get to the prem we can be reunited 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Adam has become collateral damage in the circus that we have become. Just imagine a 19 year old kid being pressurised into leaving because of the mess we are in, a 19 year old local lad who loves the club and never, ever indicated he wanted to go.

I just don't believe we will see another Adam Wharton again and thanks to the idiots running this club we are being denied seeing him in a Rovers shirt for a bit longer.

I feel cheated by these charlatans once again.

Amen to that. 

Nothing more to be said.

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

Sorry but by that logic selling Adam for £20m screams of panic sale to me. He'll be worth at least that come the summer, so I would tell them to do one. Selling late is standard practice in these parts.

True, but this means we have the money in the bank and can hit the ground running in the transfer market in the summer. It gives us some certainly of what our summer budget may be. We, of course, won't invest all of that but I know it means we will be doing better than the likes of Telalovic in the next window.

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Wharton is pure potential, on current ability he isn’t worth over 10, we don’t have the time or squad to fulfil that potential, absolutely the right thing to do for both the club and the lad to let him try to be the star we all think he could be. If reinvested properly our squad will be much stronger for 2/3 solid champ professionals over 1 gem that we can’t properly utilise. 

goes with my blessing and I will be keeping an eye with interest on his development. Maybe one day if we break free from the flatline and get to the prem we can be reunited 

Absolutely agree

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I can see I'm fighting a losing battle arguing with The Football Manager or Fifa Generation on here.

All I can say is that for our Club selling our best player has rarely if ever resulted in an improvement in fortunes on the pitch, in fact usually quite the reverse.

Last time it happened was arguably 1974 when Tony Field was sold and Gordon Lee eventually rebuilt the side after a bit of a gap.

I'm also reminded of Spurs selling Bale. They wasted that money on a right load of old pony.

On the contrary, Liverpool with Torres / Suarez sales, Brighton with *insert player they made profit on* sales etc...There are cases on both sides, it all comes down to the set-up, scouts, recruitment team, manager and owners you have. We tick one, maybe two of those boxes (not hard to guess which).

However, it's all moot, we're owned and run by complete morons.