BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

How far we have fallen

Losing our own to a club like Palace so early in his career

Fuck Venkys. The day they go will be the day this club becomes something I am proud of again

Palace are in the prem, we're in the championship.

The owners and board have no ambition.

What can we honestly expect?

• Like 3

Just now, islander200 said:

The championship top scorer was bought under Broughton's watch.

Anyone we have spent £1 million upwards on Hyam , Brittain and Szmodic have been decent signings.

I'm not being funny but what centre forwards are doing the buisness in the championship that cost less than a million quid?

Wahlstedt looks a rotten signing but overall it is really hard to judge Broughton with the money he has had to work with.Im not saying he is brilliant I'm just saying with the money he has had to work with then he has done ok, not brilliant but not shit either 

Tronstad looks another good signing 

What has Brittain done to be regarded as decent?

Not judging Broughton on the money he has to work with is a ridiculous notion given it is literally his job to work with those funds.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

His recruitment has been hit and miss.

Wahlstedt looks a very poor signing.

The others we paid £1 million plus on haven't been dire .Szmodic ,Brittain and Hyam.

Szmodic is the top scorer in the championship FFS and bought for £2 mil plus extras 

Wahlstedt came with a good reputation though, and all signs were that he'd make a good keeper. Fully expect him to go elsewhere at some point and become a great success (as is bloody typical with Rovers).

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Brittain certainly has been.

Incredibly disappointing but I'll agree he looked an OK acquisition at the time.

Don't think Brittain is as terrible as many are making out, in many games he's played for us he's been arguably our best player, just seems (like Hyam) to be declining in form and going through frequent injury spells of late

Edited by jny
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We don't know about Szmods but allegedly wasn't a GB choice and the other two were lined up by Mowbrays gang before Greggy got here.

Ennis, Leo and Tela are without much doubt and his resume though.

He was still signed under his watch ,I don't care what Waggott said if Broughton was that against signing Szmodic then he wouldn't have been signed.

Leo il give you because with the fee paid then someone better definitely could have come in and the decision to give Ennis 4 years was crazy but as a signing it was a punt that hasnt paid off ,he had a good season, Plymouth wanted to keep him and he had good pedigree as a younger player and he was free  .It will be Kimberly putting the players forward anyway tho not Broughton.Broughton isn't sat looking at players all day his remit is the whole football side contracts etc 

• Like 1

If offloading Wharton to Palace 2 days before the deadline with almost zero prospect of any serious reinvestment wasn't a nauseating enough concept, just add into the equation the cartwheels Waggott will be doing in his office as he awaits the cheque coming in from Palace and his next meeting with the cretins in India.

It's hard enough to take and accept but knowing it makes life easier and better for Venkys and Waggott knocks me sick.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

What has Brittain done to be regarded as decent?

Not judging Broughton on the money he has to work with is a ridiculous notion given it is literally his job to work with those funds.

Because if championship clubs could go out and buy players that could hit the ground running for fees that we paid for Telalovic then they would all be doing it.

Again can you point me towards the strikers in this league of a decent standard that he could have signed with his budget?

Imo Brittain has been alright ,shit recently but for £1 million pound he hasnt been awful.

I notice you have returned, you seemed to disappear as soon as Brererton started scoring goals.Didnt you say he would end up in the lower leagues?

Nobody gets every  signing right but Szmodic,Hyam ,Brittain and Tronstad are all decent enough championship players.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We don't know about Szmods but allegedly wasn't a GB choice and the other two were lined up by Mowbrays gang before Greggy got here.

Ennis, Leo and Tela are without much doubt and his resume though.

Telalovic was a panic, last day of the window buy if ever there was one.

If you only have peanuts to spend you need a DOF or manager who is very savvy and well connected.

Gregg is taking random potshots and hoping for the best.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Worrying lack of links to any centre mids.

Have we not learnt yet that most of our signings are kept in house these days without any or little mention in the press. Way it should be also.

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

No way we're signing a midfielder this window (As much as we'd like).

2 more incoming and i'd say 1 or 2 still to leave on Loan.

Rest will be dealt with in Summer.

We can't can't through the rest of the season with just Garrett and Tronstad in centre mid.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jny said:

Wahlstedt came with a good reputation though, and all signs were that he'd make a good keeper. Fully expect him to go elsewhere at some point and become a great success (as is bloody typical with Rovers).

I said to a mate recently, he doesn't look like a goalie. More like a hotel receptionist.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If offloading Wharton to Palace 2 days before the deadline with almost zero prospect of any serious reinvestment wasn't a nauseating enough concept, just add into the equation the cartwheels Waggott will be doing in his office as he awaits the cheque coming in from Palace and his next meeting with the cretins in India.

It's hard enough to take and accept but knowing it makes life easier and better for Venkys and Waggott knocks me sick.

Yep. "You know how you can't get any funds across til the summer? Well guess what I've managed to do..."

I'll be firmly in the minority, but I'd much prefer this transfer goes tits up and the club goes into administration.

8 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Telalovic was a panic, last day of the window buy if ever there was one.

If you only have peanuts to spend you need a DOF or manager who is very savvy and well connected.

Gregg is taking random potshots and hoping for the best.

That's slightly unfair as he does have the Brighton lads on speed dial.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

We have Ayari & Buckley...I'm on yourside here btw its just the club will look at it this way i reckon.

I didn't think Ayari was a centre mid (my bad) but Buckley is surely not going to play again this season, isn't he out till March? Then he'll need to get back up to fitness etc.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

But that is his job to work within that budget and find players up to standard. Sadly the players haven't been up to standard and nor has Broughton.

Broughton isn't perfect, but it's stuff like this that excuses the owners.

• Like 1