BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

2 minutes ago, imy9 said:

I would disagree, he is a free transfer and has looked ok in the few appearances he has made. Far too early to write him off imo.

Agree, he's been relatively poor so far, but he's a free so all the risk goes out. Worst come to worst you could probably flog him for a nominal fee (ala Nuttall) and everyone moves on with limited financial damage.

3 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

What are the 6 more important things (according to City)?

Passing with your favoured foot

Passing with your less favoured foot

Having an accountant who is ok with "creative accounting practices"

Ball control

Having a back up accountant just in  case the first one develops a conscience/gets locked up for "creative accounting practices

Lets Haaland score in training

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Ennis has been a shocking signing. There can’t have been many more ineffectual signings. Even Grabbi scored a few goals.

It wasn't through lack of effort that Grabbi flopped though.

Ennis on the other hand turned up out of shape, and has never really got up to speed. Annoying as there probably is some ability there if he wasn't such a lazy shite. It's mad when you compare the levels of fitness on show from Szmodics every week compared to him.

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Isn't it still the case that in Europe you need 4 players 'homegrown' from your club and 4 players 'homegrown' from your country? Homegrown actually meaning trained for 3 years in your club or country before the age of 21.

The EFL rules say your squad list of 25 must include 8 home grown players (and a match day squad 7)  but it doesn’t say that any need to be from your club.

There is another rule which says clubs must nominate a ‘club developed player’ on either their squad list or in every league match day squad.

A club developed player is one whose spent at least one year at the club prior to the end of his under 19 season.

When a subs bench was 7 the punishment for not naming a club developed player was only being able to have 6 on your bench - I’m not sure how this has been affected by the move to 9 subs.

Sorry for going so far off topic!

Edited by wilsdenrover

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Whilst the lad is obviously hugely naturally gifted and has all the potential to be an elite player I’m not quite as high on the current A Wharton as most.

I do attribute this to not seeing him in the flesh as much and for all his natural ability to pick a pass there’s been a slight tendency to play us into trouble at times but once that is coached out of him he’ll likely be a superstar.

However potential is never guaranteed to be fulfilled, a few years ago Bradley Dack was weeks away from the premier league and injury ended it all.

I don’t think there’s a way we could afford to risk not taking that kind of offer now.

Wish the lad nothing but the best but with the football pyramid being as it is and us being where we are this sadly seems best case scenario for us, unearth and polish gems and profit and repeat, only one way to break the cycle!

So you don't have a season ticket in the Blackburn End?

I'm calling Trading Standards.

FYI he's the best player on the pitch most weeks and will absolutely thrive with better players to pass to. He's tailor made for the Premier League imo. 

• Like 4

Ennis has been a sick note (which was also the case at his previous club) who can’t score goals, and he’s taking up a wage.

I don’t care if Plymouth paid us to take him, he has been a poor signing, and is one of the reasons for our current league position.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wahlstedt is nowhere near as bad as people on here make out. He is still young in terms of keepers and he needs developing on command of the area and catching crosses. 

are you drinking some kind of strong cider,he`s awful on crosses,slow to get down on shots and flaps at everything that ball that comes near him,at 24 and at a price of nearly a million quid,i expect a finished article that can command his box and save some shots,the first goal on boxing day was a prime example,slow to get down to a pearoller that terry gennoe at 70 could have saved

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Every penny of the transfer fee will be profit so gives them more wiggle room against FFP which they're pushing up at against

surely they are not just pushing up against it but have busted through it so far that it is just a dot in the distance.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s only the ‘best case scenario’, ‘the model’ if a decent percentage of this is put back in the team. Then yes, you use it to strengthen in key areas and actually could end up a stronger overall side. The Model in action.

However, I would say receiving this cash now, in the midst of overseas authorities blocking funds being sent to the club, so ergo no liquidity, is the ‘worst case scenario’ as it’s bills that will be the things being paid with this bonus windfall. 

Until proven otherwise I think you're right. Reeks of Rovers pushing him out the door for the first acceptable offer so they can pay their bills. 

A sliver will be reinvested into the playing squad. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Rev makes some good points though.

Telalovic, Hurst, Wahlstedt and Ennis indicate piss poor recruitment. 

Also, I am sure I read that Sammie and Hyam were already on Rovers wish list before egg-time.

"Not that I'm biased, but I'm going to attribute two of Broughton's best signings to the previous manager whilst also using an insulting nickname to refer to him by".

Good stuff. 

• Like 2

Just now, yankfan said:

US a soccer and MLs are essentially the same organization, so they’re going to want McGuire to go where it best suits his development. Rihan Brewster should prove Sheffield isn’t the choice. 

I think it would be a bit strange for them to deter him from joining Wednesday because another player in totally different circumstances failed at another club in the same city having signed years ago.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

US a soccer and MLs are essentially the same organization, so they’re going to want McGuire to go where it best suits his development. Rihan Brewster should prove Sheffield isn’t the choice. 

I think it would be a bit strange for them to deter him from joining Wednesday because another player in totally different circumstances failed at another club in the same city having signed years ago.

• Like 2

Ennis arrived unfit. Kept picking up niggling injuries and since he's been fit hasn't been favoured. Apart from a goal vs Walsall and a good cameo in the 2nd game of the season away at Rotherham he's been awful.

But... he cost us nothing. He's on a long contract but I'd imagine if we were willing to waive a transfer fee we could get him off the books to a Bolton. So it's not the worst signing ever, it's just clogging up the wage budget atm.

Telalovic - I just don't see it, he'll never make it here imo, he's playing above his level. He was a last minute punt when GB realised we needed another striker with no budget available. His positioning has improved but the games too quick for him and he lacks the technical ability. At least he tries, can't knock him for that.

if we get mcguire in I'd happily let both go and write it off as a couple of bad punts. Leonard is better than both imo and would be 3rd choice striker. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, imy9 said:

I would disagree, he is a free transfer and has looked ok in the few appearances he has made. Far too early to write him off imo.

He has a wage though. And how long do we have to wait?

12 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Ennis arrived unfit. Kept picking up niggling injuries and since he's been fit hasn't been favoured. Apart from a goal vs Walsall and a good cameo in the 2nd game of the season away at Rotherham he's been awful.

But... he cost us nothing. He's on a long contract but I'd imagine if we were willing to waive a transfer fee we could get him off the books to a Bolton. So it's not the worst signing ever, it's just clogging up the wage budget atm.

Telalovic - I just don't see it, he'll never make it here imo, he's playing above his level. He was a last minute punt when GB realised we needed another striker with no budget available. His positioning has improved but the games too quick for him and he lacks the technical ability. At least he tries, can't knock him for that.

if we get mcguire in I'd happily let both go and write it off as a couple of bad punts. Leonard is better than both imo and would be 3rd choice striker. 

The issue is what we might have to pay him to get him off the books if as suspected he's on a 10k a week deal with 3.5 yrs left. Bolton won't just take that over so he'll want severance pay that's why Rovers need some sort of fee.

• Like 1