BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

STILL no -one attaches any blame to Broughton. 

All this sort of shite only started happening after he rocked up.

Not really

When did we last sign a decent permanent cash signing in January?

Under Mowbray the best we got were a few reasonable loans.

McGuire and O'Brien feeling what the majority of sane Rovers fans have felt for years.

Our reputation as a club and as a business is at an all time low and the decline will continue until they are gone.

Perhaps this will wake the rest of the fan base up.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

I don’t believe a word of anything coming out of these internet “sources”. Also these in the know xhstacters are often talking a load of codswallop. In the past week alone: Rovers interested in Fabian cenronze-bullshit. Ennis going to Barnsley-bullshit. Jack vale going to Motherwell-bullshit. David brekalo is a loan for rovers to buy-bullshit. Ennis going to Barnsley-bullshit. Rovers in for Kevin Ackerman-bullshit, Luton town to swoop for tyrjys Dolan-bullshit. Duncan McGuire is having a medical with rovers-bullshit. Rovers want Jerry Yates on loan-bullshit. Rovers are close to signing Nat Phillips in the next 24hrs-bullshit. Rovers closing in on Ethan horvath-bullshit. Rovers set for defender Charlie cresswell-bullshit.

You need to remove this one

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Not really

When did we last sign a decent permanent cash signing in January?

Under Mowbray the best we got were a few reasonable loans.

Yes but we didn't have high profile supposed deals collapsing at the last minute, failed appeals and players being asked to fly across the Atlantic for nothing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What a totally mess this is. To chase McGuire all January window then to.back out is a totally shambles and fucking pathetic. I'm fuming at us pulling out so late. This club is a laughing stock tonight. PATHETIC!!!

Damning when Chaddy is cursing the club.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

How can you agree a deal if you have no money all of a sudden?

The football world is the wild west. They'll have assumed the Wharton deal would have been wrapped up by tonight. "You should be OK to get on the plane...". Lo and behold...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

If this doesn’t open up the eyes of the blue and white tinted sunglasses brigade then I don’t know what will.

Absolutely. No-one at all should be surprised by this. They are abusing their baby and we really, really need social services to step in.

Like some others have suggested, tomorrow might be a make or break day for me in terms of which football club I feel morally able to support and spend my limited money and time on. Really sad. Fuck off Venkys.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes but we didn't have high profile supposed deals collapsing at the last minute, failed appeals and players being asked to fly across the Atlantic for nothing.

Well not many that we know about, I suspect there is actually a very long history of similar stunts that have occurred at this disgusting club over the last 10 years or so that simply don't get into the public domain.

This one has because it is a player from the US and there's a decent fee attached, and the previous manager rarely recruited from beyond Yorkshire.

But same scum owners and same shady characters running it on their behalf so expect the same nonsense has been going on for years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

STILL no -one attaches any blame to Broughton. 

All this sort of shite only started happening after he rocked up.

You don't honestly think Broughton decided to fly a player out from the US and cancel the deal for fun do you? We'll have to wait probably to get the full picture, but so far it seems like the owners or the money men have decided to pull the floor from under our transfer efforts. If GB knew we weren't going to be able to spend fees, he wouldn't have tried to get a 2.5 mill player. If all we wanted to do was act like we've 'tried our best' we can just make that up and nobody (well, the bulk of the general fanbase) will be any the wiser. Flying a player out then cancelling the deal doesn't achieve anything, it's merely embarassing. The only thing it could conceivably achieve can be achieved by just a simple statement like 'we tried some deals for cash purchases but it was just too late in the day to achieve it'. So it's not rational to assume GB did this on purpose, unilaterally.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What a totally mess this is. To chase McGuire all January window then to.back out is a totally shambles and fucking pathetic. I'm fuming at us pulling out so late. This club is a laughing stock tonight. PATHETIC!!!

Correct. Except not just tonight. This is ALL the time. 

• Like 5

If we didn’t want to spend the money then fine, but don’t put the poor lad on a trans Atlantic flight just to pull the rug out from under him mid air! 

Shocking form from Rovers. Ashamed to be an associated with the Rovers if this is true!

• Like 9