BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Just now, J*B said:

We’re going to spend every penny we do have on loan fees. What happens in summer when we lose 6 loans, Gallagher, Dolan and Travis doesn’t want to come back? 

I was looking at this earlier. Don't forget the new defender's contract expires too.

Assuming those players go. We'd have:

GK
Pears, Wahlstedt

Def
Brittain, Pickering, Hyam, Wharton, Carter, O'Riordan

Mid
Tronstad, JRC, Buckley, Garrett

FW
Szmodics, Hedges, Sigurdsson, Markanday, Leonard, Telalovic

If we don't get relegated this time it looks odds on for next season.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

We’re going to spend every penny we do have on loan fees. What happens in summer when we lose 6 loans, Gallagher, Dolan and Travis doesn’t want to come back? 

Gally and Dolan stay if the club wants them to. Travis returns whether he likes it or not, unless as with any player, an offer is received which is accepted. 

I know we’ve gone down this wonderful and fashionable head coach and DOF model. But you can’t tell me that JDT couldn’t have picked up some better players than the ones being pushed on him. Plodders and kids. GB hasn’t given us a single decent signing. I give him no credit for Sammy as that was the previous scouting. 

Only here is he somehow still in a job. Yet again we come out of a January window weaker than we went in to it while all around us have strengthened.

We’ve had many shocking transfer windows over the years…..but this has to be the worst.

Sell your prized asset and boyhood fan for a record fee and replace him with a 37 year old on a 6 month deal and a few loans who have barely kicked a ball at a level above Chorleys. What is even the point of this Liverpool lad? I’d be amazed if he even gets a minute on the pitch. Absolute piss take from Broughton. 
Wharton + Raya money into the black hole with Dack, Diaz, Rothwell, Travis, Kaminski, Ayala (4 of our 5 highest earners) wages gone and replaced with a few hundred quid a week.

That statement though, I can’t believe everyone isn’t up in arms (appreciate 99% of us here are, but not on social media or I imagine in Ewood on Saturday)

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think those in charge congratulate themselves on their progress and continue on their course. Sell Szmodics on 1st September and explain how difficult it has been to get deals over the line, but that October’s Indian court hearing should free up some funds for January, unless it gets delayed again…

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 minute ago, superniko said:

That statement though, I can’t believe everyone isn’t up in arms (appreciate 99% of us here are, but not on social media or I imagine in Ewood on Saturday)

Doesn't surprise me at all, honestly. 

4 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

I was looking at this earlier. Don't forget the new defender's contract expires too.

Assuming those players go. We'd have:

GK
Pears, Wahlstedt

Def
Brittain, Pickering, Hyam, Wharton, Carter, O'Riordan

Mid
Tronstad, JRC, Buckley, Garrett

FW
Szmodics, Hedges, Sigurdsson, Markanday, Leonard, Telalovic

If we don't get relegated this time it looks odds on for next season.

You can remove Szmodics from that lot too - he’ll be the next round of funding that we can’t get from India.

Edited by G Somerset Rover

If we see it in Venkys eyes...Waggot and GB are doing a great job. They save tons of money for the Vs by selling our best players and save wages....they will never be sacked. They don't give a shit what we say and never will. That's a good reason to maybe leave this club for a while and hope this shit show of owners one day leave.

Then GB found the best manager to work with this restraints and thats were we are. 

Edited by neophox

2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

For me the statement put out by the club stating we had funds to get to the end of the season, is spitting in my face , when they bloody knew that was based on selling our biggest asset.

Loans,  loans and more loans , with most of Adams fee gobbled up to pay the bills. Add that to pending Raya money Phillip's money and any further sales, they are really leaving us to rot with zero ambition.

Yes. It was always going to be this way. This is why the club is dead to me, now, until Venkys are somehow forced to leave us. I just can't see it ever happening. 

Edited by Devon Rover
Spelling
  • Like 4

Cue Broughton preparing his patronising post window interview where he praises the owners for their continued support and extols their virtues with his toothy, smarmy grin.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Reducing the debt… I presume you are referring to the debt OWED TO VENKYS??

No that's owed to the bank, that Venkys guarantee. You may not like it but that debt is on the club, sure it has been largely caused by Venkys but it's us as a club will suffer. Let's say the BoI call in the debt you do realise one of the Assets Venkys put up as a guarantee is the club itself, right? Do you think an Administrator would broker a £22m sale of a 19 year old, 2 Cap U20 international?

14 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Look the debt needs clearing the only way of doing so is selling! Sure some money needs to be reinvested but that's a Venky issue that is seperate to the fact £22m for a teenager with less than 50 apps for a Championship club with no International caps above Under 20's level is a decent deal.

You are constantly mentioning 22m. The actual deal is for 18m potentially rising to 22m. I wouldn’t hold your breath on that one. 

Edited by Ianrally
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Spankus Munky said:

No that's owed to the bank, that Venkys guarantee. You may not like it but that debt is on the club, sure it has been largely caused by Venkys but it's us as a club will suffer. Let's say the BoI call in the debt you do realise one of the Assets Venkys put up as a guarantee is the club itself, right? Do you think an Administrator would broker a £22m sale of a 19 year old, 2 Cap U20 international?

The debt of circa £200m is not with the Bank of India

• Like 7

1 hour ago, broadsword said:

I can't bring myself to click on it. I'm genuinely heartbroken. I was never going to forgive venkys anyway, but this is a new low.

They're just bastards they really are

Me too. I can't click the links or watch the videos. This one, of all the horrible developments under Venkys tenure, feels like a final twist of the knife for me. I was really looking forward to seeing Adam develop at our, and his, club. That's been taken from us, even if it were only realistically in the short term, due completely to the failings of our fucking awful owners. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Shouldn't have shoved Travis out the door. Hard to believe we won't need him before the season's out.

A purely financial decision by the owners who couldn't care less whether we get relegated or not.

No Travis wanted to leave cos he wasn't playing and when he did play he wasn't playing in the position he wanted in the 6 role

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

Gallagher and Dolan both have 12 months club option in their contracts. 

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

No they’d sell him for peanuts but at least we’d be free of Venkys!

But you’ve shown a fundamental refusal to understand the facts of our debt despite being corrected by others, so maybe you’re not worth engaging with any further.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 5

The 200 million isn't actually a real debt to anybody, well the majority of it anyway, it's just what these owners have spent and isn't down on the clubs books as borrowings as far as i'm aware.

• Like 2