BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, DE. said:

That's been known about for some time though - so again, why would GB think he could spend a decent chunk on McGuire, presumably as a result of the Wharton sale? Is there literally no communication between our DOF and those above him until the very last second, when a deal has already been made?

We've also spent £500k on this Crewe lad and reportedly at least £500k on a loan fee for McGuire, likely instalment based for the Crewe lad at least, but still... some money is there - but seemingly the majority of it can only be spent on players who won't be with us beyond the current season. Nothing good to be concluded from that.  

Mid-feb return to the first team, or training? Didn't see that interview. 

He was already back in light training I think,

It was on Rovers TV, which doesn't seem to be working at the moment

but this covers it

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24052027.blackburn-midfielder-sets-injury-target-opens-loan/

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, KentExile said:

He was already back in light training I think,

It was on Rovers TV, which doesn't seem to be working at the moment

but this covers it

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24052027.blackburn-midfielder-sets-injury-target-opens-loan/

Thanks, it's good to hear that his recovery is ahead of schedule. Just hope we don't rush him back out of desperation and end up causing him further problems. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

From LT just now:

Less than an hour to go before the deadline. Remember, it doesn't need to be announced before 11pm, just relevant paperwork submitted, as Rovers know all too well.

Told the deal is on track.

Or "11ish" in Rovers land

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Who would/could have done better in the circumstances and with all of the restrictions he's had to work with?

Genuine question.

I heard about this fella from Nazareth who fed 5,000 with five loaves of bread and a few fish. Maybe we should give him a call, see if he's interested?

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Anyone heard a name of the midfield PL loan? Why such a big secret?

Probably because they never really existed. We already found out last year when they cocked up Brierly as well that this regime aren't capable of juggling multiple deals.

8 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

At what point did I allude to it being a Venkys exit stategy? the fuckers aint going anywhere, selling to cover losses so we aint hit with a points deduction is my take.

Selling to repay loans to the Bank of India is what you said

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

probably moran,who imo has`nt turned out to be as good a player as i thought he would be

Moran is as weak as piss and will be devoured by a physical QPR midfield comprising Hayden, Colback and Field.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

Whoever plays on Saturday is Whartons replacement, that may change in the future, but only time will tell.

I think JRC has a strong shout of making a CM position his own, but only when we have sufficient cover at RB.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I do wonder if we have been told we can't spend money on transfer fees because of the pending court case. This isn't to absolve the owners - as ultimately the court case is down to them.

It's been suggested, and this window has done nothing to dispel that notion, that Wharton has been sold in lieu of having to go back to Court in March and they will only go back when the Wharton money has run out.

Seemingly if they request say £11m funding they have to lodge the equivalent amount with the Court as security

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I heard this fella from Nazareth who fed 5,000 with five loaves of bread and a few fish. Maybe we should give him a call, see if he's interested?

He'd get crucified on here.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's been suggested, and this window has done nothing to dispel that notion, that Wharton has been sold in lieu of having to go back to Court in March and they will only go back when the Wharton money has run out.

Seemingly if they request say £11m funding they have to lodge the equivalent amount with the Court as security

That seems a very likely scenario. And will probably be repeated with the further transfer income to be received in the summer. Look forward to squad  comprised entirely of free transfers, loans and more kids from the Academy next season. 

15 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Buckley could barely get a start for 23rd place Sheffield Wednesday and it's only a few months ago you were supporting the decision to farm him out on loan.

The problem with moving JRC to midfield is that then we have no right back.

Garrett is nothing more than a lower league clogger and if you are expecting him replace Wharton then that is where we will end up.

Buckley can't play in a midfield 3, he's not athletic enough. He either has to play as a #10 (which he's not great at) or as a pivot. 

As I understand it, Wednesday played with a midfield 3, with Buckley playing as one of the Box-to-Box options. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm actually looking forward to hearing what the smug bastard has to say to try and paint the window in acceptable light. I'm guessing the only thing he can say is to use the classic excuse "January is a notoriously difficult window, we're keeping our powder dry until summer".

Is he who gets the brunt of the blame for you? Not the owners that have allowed 500k in installments to be spent on a CB, 500k on a loan fee and nothing else. 22m in.

• Like 3