BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

3 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

'Tommy & The Fax Machines'

Anyone remember when the first 'verdict' came in the January 2023 saga?

Dunno but the appeal was finally dismissed in March!! We'll be down  by then.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

Is this the typical fan? I hope not! From LT (of course).

Right on .2 hrs ago

User ID: 67611

I think we need to cut Rovers management some slack , their hands were tied until the Wharton deal was signed and sealed and then and only then could they proceed with this McGuire deal .I think they should be congratulated on getting £22.5 million for Wharton , a phenomenal sum for a player worth nowhere near that, Crystal Palace have well and truly had their pants pulled down . So lets have a bit of realism into the whole saga and see where it goes , people are too quick to jump on the bandwagon without knowing the full facts ..

🤥😷🙄

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

Dunno but the appeal was finally dismissed in March!! We'll be down  by then.

We won't appeal as far this time. The transfer window shut January 31 at 11pm in 2023 and the decision from EFL came after February 2. Then Rovers' initial appeal was submitted before February 7. That's where I think it'll stop this time, if they don't show us some luuuuv.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23295451.blackburn-rovers-issue-club-statement-efl-reject-lewis-obrien-deal/

3 hours ago, alex l said:

A bit more meat to the bone. Not a timing issue per se, but not all documents submitted. Perhaps something different when dealing with MLS? But still not an excuse, as people are being paid to know and do these things. 

Screenshot_20240205-175455.png

The system is set up to tell a club what documents are required in any given situation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

We won't appeal as far this time. The transfer window shut January 31 at 11pm in 2023 and the decision from EFL came after February 2. Then Rovers' initial appeal was submitted before February 7. That's where I think it'll stop this time, if they don't show us some luuuuv.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23295451.blackburn-rovers-issue-club-statement-efl-reject-lewis-obrien-deal/

Based on that timeline, the EFL have rejected the application today, and Rovers will appeal and know the result in a aproximately a little over a week from now. Then it's my guess they won't run it all the way until March, so that's that. A statement should be released by the club tomorrow. Anything else is criminal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Like I’ve said before it isn’t a registration problem, players only have to be registered within the transfer windows in the premier league, doesn’t apply to us

You're not telling us much to be honest.

2 hours ago, TommyRovers said:

Just a minor update... And one that has blown my mind.

Some of the forms needed to register McGuire were lying on top of the fax machine and hadn't been sent. Whether these were visa, international clearance/registration I do not know. The club sent all relevant forms to the EFL and went ahead with the announcement. It wasn't until hours later that this was discovered thus creating the mess we are now in.

I wish it was satire. An incredibly embarrassing situation that has created a whole host of finger-pointing and infighting. Heads will roll, it's just unclear which buffoon will be made the scapegoat.

Orlando tweeted in response. 

https://x.com/OCFanTV22/status/1754604246366847159?s=20

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Not according to a tonne of ‘em I’ve seen on Twitter tonight. There is A LOT out in force defending Venky’s.

’Didn’t hear from any of them (the fans) last season when things were good.’ ‘£5m for Hyam and Szmodics last season alone’ ‘they sold the training ground just to stop us from going into admin’. 

Just a few of the comments I’ve seen tonight.

I received a text this evening from a casual Rovers fan who stopped following the club during the Kean days. He's told me previously that he hasn't kept up to date with anything Rovers related in the time since.

Anyway, he's been posting on the Rovers fan groups on FB these past few days and decided to share his thoughts with me.

I open the text and I see all the classics before me. No other owner could fund Rovers like Venky's. They pump in so much money, Rovers are lucky that they do. Rovers would be finished without Venky's. Rovers don't have the fanbase to attract a new owner. Even if a new owner came in, it would make no difference because the club needs too much money pumping in. Amongst other complete tripe.

Not one of those are his opinion, but all taken from the herd on FB. That's how easy it is to con people who have zero/little knowledge of the last 13 years.

I took a deep breath and carried on watching Coronation Street.

I'm tempted to ask him to get on the FB group and ask the Rovers fans what they think of our new striker. Tommy Orpington.

• Like 3

It’s not lost on me that McGuire is our one and only potential long term signing of the widow. What’s also not lost is the lad has not more professional experience than Harry Leonard. 

Mcguire is all likelihood isn’t the difference in staying up. 

11 minutes ago, yankfan said:

It’s not lost on me that McGuire is our one and only potential long term signing of the widow. What’s also not lost is the lad has not more professional experience than Harry Leonard. 

Mcguire is all likelihood isn’t the difference in staying up. 

Could be true but if he doesn't play we will never find out. We need another goalscorer.

O'Riordan is long term btw.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tomphil said:

All this fuss over an unknown striker as well, only at Rovers could this happen.

Yes I was thinking that. If (big if) MacGuire ever does play for us, likely as not we'll wonder what the fuss was all about!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Is this the typical fan? I hope not! From LT (of course).

Right on .2 hrs ago

User ID: 67611

I think we need to cut Rovers management some slack , their hands were tied until the Wharton deal was signed and sealed and then and only then could they proceed with this McGuire deal .I think they should be congratulated on getting £22.5 million for Wharton , a phenomenal sum for a player worth nowhere near that, Crystal Palace have well and truly had their pants pulled down . So lets have a bit of realism into the whole saga and see where it goes , people are too quick to jump on the bandwagon without knowing the full facts ..

Either a bot, paid account or a total fucking retard.

42 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Nail in the coffin for me is if Ennis the Menace scores the winner on Saturday. 

Paperwork experts would've inserted a clause that he can't play in that one !

Let's look at this from a critical perspective and take into account what we already know about how the Raos operate.

The Egg is given the task of finding players and is given his parameters, only frees or loans and if you want to spend you have to sell.

He sells a player for a fee.

He finds another player, costs a fee but substantially less than what is received.

He has a DFA of about 50p so all financial dealings are to be singed off by the owners.

The owners refuse to sign off on spending any of the money received in the outgoing transfer.

The Egg renegotiates the deal as a loan with option. There is a small fee attached.

He sells another player for the right amount to cover the fee.

The owners refuse to sign off on the deal.

The minions on the ground are told they have to take the flak for this and deflect any and all attention away from the owners.

There is a kerfuffle with the paper work and the transfer doesn't happen.

Someone on the ground has to fall on their sword but that's what they're paid for.

Maggot is on a cushy number and topping up the pension, Sylvester probably not far behind in that regard and the Egg has only ever been an academy director before his DOF role here so not like he can easily just chuck it in.

It's all about protecting the owners reputation, it's the only thing they care about.

• Like 5