BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Once is bad but to repeat the mistake twice is completely unforgiveable for a professional outfit who complete transfers every 6 months.  As many have pointed out already - there are never any reports of deadlines being missed when players leave.   We were told by GB that a robust process was being put in place to stop this episode being repeated - whoever audited that 'process' and signed it off needs to be accountable. 

If that was anyone else you'd be down the road with your P45 tucked in your back pocket. 

Absolute shambles. 

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....

(I actually think this is the 3rd time mind you).

Anybody still supporting Venkys / Waggott / Sylvester and that set-up are actively detrimental to our Football club. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 6

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Lack of time doesn't appear to have been a problem. They say all the paperwork had been completed in time, we just didn't submit it.

"Administrative error" is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that statement.

I would prefer they actually fessed up on precisely what that means. 

1 hour is a long time in a transfer deadline day scenario. (like dog years)

I don't know how this modern fax system works, but if it's like email where you think something has been sent and then find it stuck in the outbox, then fair enough, these things can happen.

But if it's because Bob thought Sarah was doing it, and Sarah thought Bob had already done it, then that's a whole other situation. Particularly when we find out that Bob was busy ordering an office takeaway as a celebration treat. 

That's genuinely the level of competence I envisage in this operation sometimes. That a potential multi-million pound deal could be ruined because someone was deciding what toppings they needed on their sodding Dominos, and checking whether the 25% off code was valid on a Thursday. 

• Like 1

Gobsmacked, except not.

I've no idea how these things are done, or how things can go so horribly & identically wrong twice in 12 months. I like GB overall and don't genuinely think he is the person who actually made the mistake. If he is he has to go, but even if he isn't he has to be considering his position following his statement last year that lessons have been learnt. He's either cocked up twice, or he's been badly let down by others again & been left hanging out to dry.

Neither is good for him professionally, and if it's the latter he has my every sympathy as he has had nothing but obstacles put in his way by the set up at Ewood since he walked in the door.

It all stems from the owners. No plan, no ambition, no competence, no interest, no communication, no empathy, no respect, no passion, no responsibility, no accountability, no transparency. 

We're an absolute embarrassment; there must be a full and independent investigation into what's happened here by the incoming football regulator. No self respecting club, agent or player is going to touch us with a barge pole in any future window without there being a change of ownership and / or full transparency about what happened, how & what proper steps are taken to stop the rot.

We've sabotaged ourselves in terms of transfers for a decade to come.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, TommyRovers said:

It's the responsibility of Ian Sylvester. No questions there.

Whether he will be head to roll or whether the blame will be forced onto Broughton is the question.

Rather the responsibility of whoever didn't sack Sylvester a year ago. That is unless this pathetic clown show was intentional.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Lack of time doesn't appear to have been a problem. They say all the paperwork had been completed in time, we just didn't submit it.

You wouldn't expect this sort of incompetence at Non League level and it's happened twice.

If the deal was done earlier the and the paperwork submitted earlier then the problem could have been corrected before the deadline.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Whether he will be head to roll or whether the blame will be forced onto Broughton is the question.

Its very difficult to specifically know what went on from the outside. But Broughton is overseeing it, he said he would look at processes after it happened last year, and yet here we are. He was announced before 11 with stupid basketball videos made etc whilst the paperwork was fucked up again. Broughton cant escape blame.

The main blame lies in India, that cannot be escaped and id be very surprised if anyone is sacked.

All those staying it has been twice in 2 January windows are also forgetting we did the same to Brierley. Even more pathetically, it meant he couldn't play for his club - relegation stricken Rochdale. We then, despite promises of a pre-contract, pulled out of that deal too. Bad faith. No chance we sign McGuire if this paltry 'appeal' doesn't succeed. 

IMG_4882.png

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Obviously he wasn't ever joining, the club is a fucking shambles.

Also, why would he even want to join us next season, when we are likely going to be in League one?

I'll put any money I have on that we won't even bother attempting to sort a deal with Orlando for the summer. Like you say, chances are we will be in league one. Not to mention the fact that our owners won't be signing anyone who isn't either a free transfer or a loan.

These sewer rats need kicking out of Ewood/Pune with a king sized rocket shoved right up their backsides.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Gobsmacked, except not.

I've no idea how these things are done, or how things can go so horribly & identically wrong twice in 12 months. I like GB overall and don't genuinely think he is the person who actually made the mistake. If he is he has to go, but even if he isn't he has to be considering his position following his statement last year that lessons have been learnt. He's either cocked up twice, or he's been badly let down by others again & been left hanging out to dry.

Neither is good for him professionally, and if it's the latter he has my every sympathy as he has had nothing but obstacles put in his way by the set up at Ewood since he walked in the door.

It all stems from the owners. No plan, no ambition, no competence, no interest, no communication, no empathy, no respect, no passion, no responsibility, no accountability, no transparency. 

We're an absolute embarrassment; there must be a full and independent investigation into what's happened here by the incoming football regulator. No self respecting club, agent or player is going to touch us with a barge pole in any future window without there being a change of ownership and / or full transparency about what happened, how & what proper steps are taken to stop the rot.

We've sabotaged ourselves in terms of transfers for a decade to come.

Three times, no? O'brien, McGuire and Brierley?

Edit: Smiller beat me to it.

Edited by G Somerset Rover

If this was Liverpool, United or any of the other big names, where two identical so called errors had been made messing up two transfers, there would be an investigation by media and non stop coverage until answers were given.

As it's at Rovers all we'll see is outsiders laughing, a few "bizarre goings on at Blackburn" references and neutrals waving it off as "oh yeah, those chicken people, ha" before moving on to something else.

We are likely to feel the after effects of these 'errors' for a long time to come in the transfer market as the pillocks have made us look like a laughing stock to be avoided. This needs investigating.

I really can't see how Broughton is going to front up to this, after promising that nothing like the O'Brien situation would happen again.

I'm not blaming Broughton for this or O'Brien though. There has been a constant theme throughout this 13 year mess and it all leads back to the same place.

• Like 7

Just now, RV Blue said:

Anyone who actually believes this was a genuine administrative error is naive at best.

As already said,

When it comes to selling players we are a slick operation. Never made a mistake

When it comes to frees or cheap loans we can't be beat

When it comes to paid transfers or more expensive loans, everything falls apart.

Fuck off you Venkys bastards

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

It goes all the way up the ladder. Any other organization outside football would have sacked people last year and this year the board would be asking for the resignation of the ceo and the director 

3 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

There is zero chance the EFL will approve it, waste of time and money. 

Yes, obviously. But now they can show that they "tried" at least. 

What are the odds that we will be unable to reach an agreement with the player later on, despite us "offering very good terms"?

• Like 1