BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

40 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Sure, that’s an obvious issue. Can you borrow against the fee? (I don’t know, at all, but I’m thinking what I would do with my business if I had the misfortune of not being able to run it without £15-20m in losses being underwritten by owners)

Clearly - pitch matters aside - the next big obvious milestone for this saga is the meeting on 12th March, where one of three things happens and we still don’t really know what’s happening as a result of it.

‘Receivables financings

These financings allow clubs to borrow against the value of their future income streams, such as transfer fees (received in instalments from clubs they have sold players to), broadcast revenue or sponsorship income (in the case of EPL clubs, being payments of Central Funds [4]) and season ticket income, to access liquidity upfront. This market is generally dominated by a relatively small number of lenders, especially in the UK where both the EPL’s and EFL’s respective rules state that clubs may only assign their entitlement to transfer fees in relation to the sale of a player to a Financial Institution [5] [6]whilst EPL clubs are also restricted from assigning their rights to Central Funds to non-Financial Institutions [7].’

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MB Rover said:

They remembered to press submit (🤣🤣🤣🤣) on the 21 year old from Liverpool; then ‘forgot’ on the signing that the ‘board’ had blocked 24 hours prior, then miraculously remembered on the 30 odd year old signing a 4 month contract? Got it!

Yeah, I don't entertain conspiracy bollocks, but I am not buying this for one second.

For it to happen last winter window (twice) was embarrassing at best.
For it to happen again now, oddly on the only deal that would cost us a few quid, it cannot be another admin error.

The club surely don't expect fans to just accept/believe that?

Something is afoot and I think it's not far from coming to a head...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Yeah, I don't entertain conspiracy bollocks, but I am not buying this for one second.

For it to happen last winter window (twice) was embarrassing at best.
For it to happen again now, oddly on the only deal that would cost us a few quid, it cannot be another admin error.

The club surely don't expect fans to just accept/believe that?

Something is afoot and I think it's not far from coming to a head...

There’s always been something afoot with those lot. The whole ownership doesn’t make any sense. 

• Like 2

What I mean is, I think it could either be a tipping point for a large number of fans - or whatever is going on behind the scenes could mean the beginning of the end for the Raos.

Either way, feels potential seismic.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Lots of people seemingly happy to swallow the version of events provided by the club. Absolute hogwash from start to finish if you ask me.

As I suggested last Thursday, there was a stench around the initial half baked reason for canning the McGuire deal. The Wharton transfer did go through on Wednesday evening, I seriously doubt there was ever any issue around it, but certain individuals at Rovers saw it as the perfect excuse to cover for the owners who had pulled the rug again.

Best guess, once the owners vetoed the loan fee as well, there was nowhere left to go but play the incompetence card. I simply don’t believe that this deal was ever truly meant to go through. I genuinely believe Broughton and JDT would have wanted it done, not at all convinced any of the money men would have.

As for signing McGuire on a pre-contract…. What a load of absolute bollocks. 

Someone fed Andy Bayes the line that the reason the McGuire deal fell through initially was because of an issue with the Wharton deal, most of us knew this was nonsense at the time and we’ve since found out that the actual reason was that the owners pulled the funding. This suggests that there is someone inside the club who’s covering Venky’s arse.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, J*B said:

I heard Mike Cheston and Ashfaq Hassan have both left. Not sure under what circumstance and for legal reasons I must stress that is not confirmed and doesn’t necessarily mean it’s connected. 

Ashfaq left at Xmas, 

Cheston I believe has not left ,though his departure been on the cards for about a year as he wanted to retire last year, so it wouldn't surprise me if he departs in the near future or is working a notice period.

Neither related to the latest fiasco 

• Like 6

There are just way too many layers at Rovers and with this ownership back in India it must be absolute chaos and that's before you factor in a lack of ability or braincells.

Under the last ownership the business was twice as big yet got by perfectly well with a basic board of directors and staff with i think one go between in the void between club and Trust fund.  I doubt any other club of this size in the UK has as many cooks spoiling the broth.

A CEO, secretary, operations manager, DoF, finance director, Head of finance, then 2 more with similar titles in India before you even get to the 4 owners.

Yet all we are doing is signing frees. loans and kids and a 2 million transfer is hardly ground breaking.

Oh and whoever else agents/advisers etc who are involved in the process, its crazy 8-12 people potentially involved in what 3 or 4 should comfortably be doing.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Ashfaq left at Xmas, 

Cheston I believe has not left ,though his departure been on the cards for about a year as he wanted to retire last year, so it wouldn't surprise me if he departs in the near future or is working a notice period.

Who's taken the fall then? Or no one? 

Happy days and celebrate - no transfer fee spent on deadline day well done Venkys 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I get how Waggott might massage ticket sales to hit target. Its a bit of a stretch for him to purposely sabotage transfers to try and earn a bonus or earn brownie points. If anyone has done it on purpose its the owners.

If he has trusted Silvester to do it without checking it himself after last time, then again, obviously Silvester should go but its also on Broughton who clearly hasnt learnt. Obviously it doesnt mean he was twiddling his thumbs, nor do I think he was responsible purposely. But hes another I think we would be better without.

On the owners behalf .

But the reports suggest the only issue with the deal is we didn't submit it not that there was any issue with the paperwork , my point being if Broughton had checked all the paper work was in order then he should not have to follow the fella employed to submit it, a person who had submitted the other paperwork of the players signed.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

On the owners behalf .

But the reports suggest the only issue with the deal is we didn't submit it not that there was any issue with the paperwork , my point being if Broughton had checked all the paper work was in order then he should not have to follow the fella employed to submit it, a person who had submitted the other paperwork of the players signed.

It seems that the new processes that Broughton promised would eliminate the chance of a repeat were not fool proof. All this talk of he was a busy boy sorting other bits or he shouldnt have to check everything, he is responsible for the recruitment side and again a transfer has fallen through.

Is he the main problem here? Clearly not but he does have SOME responsibility here. The whole non football side needs gutting, including him. It wont because the real problem wont do that.

Just now, 47er said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

They've had five days and this is the best they could come up with.

There is not a shred of integrity amongst any of them. Just fucking admit the owners pulled the pin so you deliberately bungled the paperwork! Have some fucking self respect.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There are just way too many layers at Rovers and with this ownership back in India it must be absolute chaos and that's before you factor in a lack of ability or braincells.

Under the last ownership the business was twice as big yet got by perfectly well with a basic board of directors and staff with i think one go between in the void between club and Trust fund.  I doubt any other club of this size in the UK has as many cooks spoiling the broth.

A CEO, secretary, operations manager, DoF, finance director, Head of finance, then 2 more with similar titles in India before you even get to the 4 owners.

Yet all we are doing is signing frees. loans and kids and a 2 million transfer is hardly ground breaking.

Oh and whoever else agents/advisers etc who are involved in the process, its crazy 8-12 people potentially involved in what 3 or 4 should comfortably be doing.

I wish we had as many centre forwards.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 47er said:

If this (or anything else we've heard about docs not being submitted) is true, the appeal is utterly pointless, beyond the obvious advantage of conning a portion of the fanbase into believing they 'did everything we could'. The club surely know this.

Last year I think there was a case for the league being overzealous. The paperwork was submitted in time, the league took a bit of time getting back to us to point out the errors, which were minor, then they were resubmitted what was it, a couple of minutes after the full deadline? I think you can make a case, albeit one we lost.

What case are you supposed to make out of 'we're thick as fuck, learnt nothing from last year, didn't send the docs in time at all and don't know the difference between save and send'?

When they lose they'd better not waste club money on dragging this embarrassment out for longer again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bethnal said:

Well, the two bits in bold might go some way to explaining what’s just happened (if it has, indeed, just happened).

There’s every chance they’re getting towards the end of preparing annual accounts… someone not happy with what they see?

Not really…the year end being reported on is June 2023. Activity in January 2024 is irrelevant to those numbers.

8 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

‘Receivables financings

These financings allow clubs to borrow against the value of their future income streams, such as transfer fees (received in instalments from clubs they have sold players to), broadcast revenue or sponsorship income (in the case of EPL clubs, being payments of Central Funds [4]) and season ticket income, to access liquidity upfront. This market is generally dominated by a relatively small number of lenders, especially in the UK where both the EPL’s and EFL’s respective rules state that clubs may only assign their entitlement to transfer fees in relation to the sale of a player to a Financial Institution [5] [6]whilst EPL clubs are also restricted from assigning their rights to Central Funds to non-Financial Institutions [7].’

A speciality of MacQuarie Bank in the football world

8 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Ashfaq left at Xmas, 

Agreed…no way this is on the FD.

• Like 1