BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 hour ago, Roverthechimp said:

I work with a few different systems and it scares me just how piss poor some of them are. One in particular confirms a booking/registration but you still have to click confirm before exiting.

No warning or anything and in the system the booking/registration is visible for 15 minutes before being deleted (again without notification)

Not saying that this is the case here but there are some truly appalling IT solutions out there. That said: the most important transfer of the window - I would be triple checking as the sender and pushing for confirmation from the EFL non-stop until it arrived 

I mean if the EFL system is anything like Ticketmaster no wonder it went tits up.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

So how did we miss certain documents in last years transfers?

I think Dom’s right that we made mistakes on the documents (rather than didn’t send one) but I guess a scenario could be…

We incorrectly answer one of the questions which leads to us not being advised of a necessary document.

The EFL realise we’ve made an error and let us know - but by then we’ve run out of time to provide said document.

At this stage I believe if there’s a way we can fuck something up we’ll manage to do so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roverthechimp said:

I work with a few different systems and it scares me just how piss poor some of them are. One in particular confirms a booking/registration but you still have to click confirm before exiting.

No warning or anything and in the system the booking/registration is visible for 15 minutes before being deleted (again without notification)

Not saying that this is the case here but there are some truly appalling IT solutions out there. That said: the most important transfer of the window - I would be triple checking as the sender and pushing for confirmation from the EFL non-stop until it arrived 

Just ask those poor postmasters how bad IT systems can be!

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Maybe we're trialing a new transfer paperwork system from Fujitsu?

Get Alan Bates in to have a look at it and our records. He'll unearth that we should have had Lewandowski all along. 

• Like 2

I think it's just Suhail that has put his foot down and Waggott was probably seeking final confirmation on the McGuire deal (as it required cash), that he didn't get or get in time. If they can't inject money from India then surely they'll have to sell...? Who wants to buy Rovers in its current state though?

5 minutes ago, alex l said:

Get Alan Bates in to have a look at it and our records. He'll unearth that we should have had Lewandowski all along. 

We'd be better off getting Norman Bates. Perhaps he could make more sense of what the hell is happening down there.😂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I think it's just Suhail that has put his foot down and Waggott was probably seeking final confirmation on the McGuire deal (as it required cash), that he didn't get or get in time. If they can't inject money from India then surely they'll have to sell...? Who wants to buy Rovers in its current state though?

Waggott has perhaps told sylvester to set r everything up in the a system, and then save it, and Waggott will press submit when he has the OK from India. E which never came. So he left it. And the appeal is just a face saving exercise. 

If it is a family feud and the woman wants no more to do with rovers, then I would think she had felt that way for a while. Perhaps q we shouldn't rule out that she could just pull the plug on us and see us liquidated

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Waggott has perhaps told sylvester to set r everything up in the a system, and then save it, and Waggott will press submit when he has the OK from India. E which never came. So he left it. And the appeal is just a face saving exercise. 

If it is a family feud and the woman wants no more to do with rovers, then I would think she had felt that way for a while. Perhaps q we shouldn't rule out that she could just pull the plug on us and see us liquidated

I thin it's more likely she doesn't want to spend any more money and is seeking to recoup some of the losses built up over the years. Sadly, the Wharton deal might have given her encouragement to hang on in the hope of selling other assets.

5 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Think this is the most likely scenario. Either Broughton & co went rogue and negotiated the deal without the prior approval from India, which never came, or they were told that the deal could be negotiated but the final approval from India didn’t arrive before the deadline (either because of incompetence or a last minute change of mind).

• Like 1

I saw Mike Cheston's name mentioned earlier as a person who has left/will be leaving and being made the potential fall guy BUT I have been told he is retiring at the end of February and told the club of his intention in December. It doesn't take much to work out the lack of correlation with the transfer window given the dates. They have their scapegoat nicely wrapped up with bows on.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

certain middle east sovereign funds looking for clubs...to promote their countries image ...could pitch to Brunei 

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I thin it's more likely she doesn't want to spend any more money and is seeking to recoup some of the losses built up over the years. Sadly, the Wharton deal might have given her encouragement to hang on in the hope of selling other assets.

Christ, she'd have to be demented to think that

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I saw Mike Cheston's name mentioned earlier as a person who has left/will be leaving and being made the potential fall guy BUT I have been told he is retiring at the end of February and told the club of his intention in December. It doesn't take much to work out the lack of correlation with the transfer window given the dates. They have their scapegoat nicely wrapped up with boss on.

Nobody with credibility is buying that the FD oversees deal administration on the EFL portal. That simply won’t fly IMHO…especially if the fanbase keeps scrutinising & demanding answers…

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Herbie6590 said:

Nobody with credibility is buying that the FD oversees deal administration on the EFL portal. That simply won’t fly IMHO…especially if the fanbase keeps scrutinising & demanding answers…

Are we buying that anyone oversees it?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Sadly Ian, as has been demonstrated in the past we have an element of gullible supporters who will be satisfied somebody has gone irrespective of their role.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Sadly Ian, as has been demonstrated in the past we have an element of gullible supporters who will be satisfied somebody has gone irrespective of their role.

Aye… “credibility” is doing some heavy lifting there 😆

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Think this is the most likely scenario. Either Broughton & co went rogue and negotiated the deal without the prior approval from India, which never came, or they were told that the deal could be negotiated but the final approval from India didn’t arrive before the deadline (either because of incompetence or a last minute change of mind).

I just don’t see why they go the effort of doing media and announce the signing in this scenario. 

This is the part I continually come back to when questioning whether it’s incompetence or sabotage. The fact that the signing was announced with some fanfare points toward rank incompetence that is a result of us lacking any form of effective management, a culture of ineptitude without consequence and general malaise on the administrative side of things 

• Like 2

i've said this again and again ...its death by thousand cuts and started at the protest and snowball incident of 2012 ... these ppl consider themselves royalties and high class ..we are soothiran(low class) in their eyes ... we are just made to suffer. They could have sold us on so many instances ...We on road for asset stripping and liquidation unless some political figure steps in (MP maybe) or protest hurts the national image during this election year in India.

Fyi PUNE CITY FC their own city club was liquidated .. they never touched or saved it. No longer in Indian Super League. 

2 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I just don’t see why they go the effort of doing media and announce the signing in this scenario. 

This is the part I continually come back to when questioning whether it’s incompetence or sabotage. The fact that the signing was announced with some fanfare points toward rank incompetence that is a result of us lacking any form of effective management, a culture of ineptitude without consequence and general malaise on the administrative side of things 

Sabotage and Drama

4 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Announce it to pressure India into approving it?